Duration of ouro arcs

Ukase

So...I've got this character that has been going through all the ouro arcs. I would say about 75% -  the Praetorian and the lower level Redside arcs are about the right length. 3-5 missions, mostly. 

We all know that when you start an arc, if you're solo, that's it - can't invite anyone else. Which is fine, I know that going in. But I think it would be nice if an arc like Sister Psyche's TF, or Posi's old school tf were cut in half for half the merits. My reason is because I can't tell you how many times I was in an ouro arc this week and there was an opportunity to go for some difficult badge. So, each time, I'd quit, lose progress and have to restart it at a later time. Crazy badges. 

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Just the ones that are more than 8 missions. 

I would not want the Ouro content cut or shortened in any way shape or form.

That said, I would be entirely on board with some of of "PAUSE OURO ARC" that immediately booted you out of your current instance, disabled your ouro arc progress but did not lose track of it, and restored you to your "real level" and allowed you to group up with other people like normal, but then allowed you to "RESUME OURO ARC" by talking to the Pillar of Ice and Flame again.  With hard limit of only one paused at a time per character.  Cant' start any new Ouro arc until you resume or formally abandon your earlier progress.

I'm agnostic on being allowed to invite people into a partially done Ouro arc / TF.  

I would not want any badges awarded unless you were there for WHOLE THING.

And I would want any merits pro-rated by % of missions you were part of the team for, or perhaps by % of XP gained during the TF if that ends up being a cleaner way to say "dude, you were officially part of the TF, but you never entered a door mission or left the train station, you get nothing", etc.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

But I think it would be nice if an arc like Sister Psyche's TF, or Posi's old school tf were cut in half for half the merits.

I think it's kind of funny that you list these two as examples of arcs you'd like to be cut in half when the reason they're exclusive to Ouroboros in the first place is because they're too long and were replaced with TFs less than half as long.

• Like 1

Well, other examples would be Harvey Meylor's arc, Tina Mac, Maria Jenkin's to name a few. 

But, in my post, if I didn't make the point, I feel stupid, because that was the point. While doing Ouro arcs - you're stuck finishing the darn thing, even if an opportunity for MoKeyes with a proven leader pops up that you'd like to participate in, unless you just quit the arc and lose all progress. Granted, this can happen on a short arc, but I'm okay redoing a few missions, but I don't want to redo 7 or 8. 

A "pause" option for Ouro arcs would be useful. I'd argue that it wouldn't be completely out of place to have it available for "regular" TFs, too. Being able to do half of something like Doc Q on one day and half the next, while taking a break to do other things in the middle, would be nice.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

21 hours ago, Ukase said:

other examples would be Harvey Meylor's arc, Tina Mac, Maria Jenkin's to name a few.

I don't know how many times I started and abandoned Tina's arc because "something better" came along while I was in the middle of it. It would be nice to "pause" the arc, but I realize going in that there are restrictions on it. I'm just glad to be able to (re)play content.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ukase said:

Well, other examples would be Harvey Meylor's arc, Tina Mac, Maria Jenkin's to name a few. 

But, in my post, if I didn't make the point, I feel stupid, because that was the point. While doing Ouro arcs - you're stuck finishing the darn thing, even if an opportunity for MoKeyes with a proven leader pops up that you'd like to participate in, unless you just quit the arc and lose all progress. Granted, this can happen on a short arc, but I'm okay redoing a few missions, but I don't want to redo 7 or 8. 

May I suggest having multiple viable endgame characters to address this issue?  

I've encountered exactly what you're saying while in the middle of a solo Ouro arc and instead of bailing to run a trial, I parked the character I was on and just swapped to a different one.  After the trial was over, I just switched back and kept going.  

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

May I suggest having multiple viable endgame characters to address this issue?  

I've encountered exactly what you're saying while in the middle of a solo Ouro arc and instead of bailing to run a trial, I parked the character I was on and just swapped to a different one.  After the trial was over, I just switched back and kept going.  

I have 30 or so "viable" endgame characters - but I'm speaking of badge opportunities, not any old task force or something. When I see someone who I know is a solid player looking to do a master run and I need the same badge on the character I'm playing...logging out to play some other character doesn't get the character I'm playing the badge. Surely I'm not expected to pursue all 1531 badges with every character, am I? I already question my sanity doing it on a second character after reaching 1531 on the first. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I have 30 or so "viable" endgame characters - but I'm speaking of badge opportunities, not any old task force or something. When I see someone who I know is a solid player looking to do a master run and I need the same badge on the character I'm playing...logging out to play some other character doesn't get the character I'm playing the badge. Surely I'm not expected to pursue all 1531 badges with every character, am I? I already question my sanity doing it on a second character after reaching 1531 on the first. 

Ok, so may I suggest to any "sane" people reading this, who don't have your niche problem: having multiple viable endgame characters addresses this issue in 99% of cases.