Powerset Proposal(s) - Pool Primacy (Offensive & Defensive)

Zepp

Alright, there occasionally pops out the idea of making a "just for fun" pool only toon... Well, how about making two new powersets, Pool Primacy Offensive & Pool Primacy Defensive. They would use the pool powers as base and expand on them:

Melee Set

Pool Primacy: Offensive
T1: Boxing+
T2: Kick+

T3: Jump Kick+ (changed to narrow cone)

T4: Tactical Assault (combination of Tactics & Assault)

T5: Air Superiority+

T6: Provoke+

T7: Invoke Panic+

T8: Cross Punch+

T9: Spring Attack+

Armor Set

Pool Primacy: Defensive

T1: Weave+
T2: Tough+ (~12.5 S/L, ~10 E/N/F/C/T/P)

T3: Injection+

T4: Strong Invisibility (Similar to Superior Invisibility, but only 125' Stealth)

T5: Acrobatics+ (Auto, 7.5 to all resist & moderate broad-spectrum mez resist)

T6: Maneuvers+

T7: Field Medic's Aid (Powerful PBAoE team heal)

T8: Whirlwind+ (no repel, KD, -ToHit, -Dmg)

T9: Unrelenting+

Alright, this is still in the development stage, and the numbers will need to be looked at so that it is not too powerful, but still playable. The offense is mainly Single Target, with a little bit of AoE. The defense is a broad-spectrum layered defense.

• Like 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Hmm. INitial thoughts:

No sort of build up in the primary, though it could be argued tactical assault fills that role. Would you keep the Fighting pool style "having more attacks buff the others?" Which could make for an interesting overall mechanic throughout the melee set itself, come to think of it.

Not mentioned, but I'd hope we have an alternate animation option (Probably stolen from MA) for jump kick. 🙂

And yeah, I'd play it for the heck of it.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

How would existing pool powers fit in? Would you be able, for instance, to pick the Fighting pool in addition to the powers you have from that set, or would the set have its own pool selection? People may want a travel power.

It's interesting.

My 2 cents: I think "kick" is one of the least interesting looking animations in the game so i would make that animation interchangeable with the Air Superiority animation & make the T5 Cross Punch & then make T8 an upgraded version of the Speed pool's punch power.

Edited by Chance Jackson

Boxing & boxing+, weave & weave+...

Alright, some thoughts on the discussion. First, the Tactical Assault is the proxy for a build-up power (which not all sets have in exactly the same way, ie claws (follow-up), dark (soul drain), dual blades (blinding feint, combo), kinetic (power siphon), etc., so I felt this was reasonable. I am also thinking that for each attack power you have in PP:O you would receive a boost to all other attack powers and possibly unlock effects.

I'm looking at moving Cross Punch+ to 5, Air Superiority+ to 3, Jump Kick+ to 2 (no more kick), and adding Flurry+ (1.5-2s sped up animation of flurry).

The use of the + sign was to differentiate the names so that they could be taken alongside pool powers... So, theoretically, with enough recharge, you could do punch, punch+ indefinitely (for example). The difference would be in damage and not requiring the use of a pool. Just like other sets, these sets would have access to the traditional pool powers. So, like an Arachnos toon, you could do double Maneuvers, etc.

Update:

Melee Set

Pool Primacy: Offensive
T1: Boxing+
T2: Jump Kick+

T3: Flurry+ (faster animation time than Flurry, but the full animation (just sped up))

T4: Tactical Assault (combination of Tactics & Assault)

T5: Cross Punch+

T6: Provoke+

T7: Invoke Panic+

T8: Air Superiority+ (changed to a PBAoE)

T9: Spring Attack+

Armor Set

Pool Primacy: Defensive

T1: Weave+
T2: Tough+ (~12.5 S/L, ~10 E/N/F/C/T/P)

T3: Field Medic's Aid (PBAoE team heal + Absorption shield)

T4: Strong Invisibility (Similar to Superior Invisibility, but only 125' Stealth)

T5: Acrobatics+ (Auto, 7.5 to all resist & moderate broad-spectrum mez resist)

T6: Maneuvers+

T7: Injection+ (add -Regeneration to enemy effects)

T8: Whirlwind+ (no repel, KD, -ToHit, -Dmg)

T9: Unrelenting+ (300s recharge, 55s duration)

Because Flurry is a cone and Air Superiority could be converted to a PBAoE, I felt that having it at T8 was more appropriate.

Switched Injection+ and Field Medic's Aid as heals tend to be more helpful at lower levels. Also, added a -Reg effect to Injection to make it more functional.
Clarified thoughts on the recharge/duration of unrelenting. It is a Resurrection Power (tend to be 300s recharge), but secondary T9 effects tend to have a duration of 18% of recharge time. So 54s, round up to 55s.

• Like 2

I have been thinking lately of how nice it would be to have a melee support archetype similar to RPG Paladin's that are tanky but have powers like healing word. Something that mirrors the VEAT's but more plausibly played by heroic characters. This would fill that niche and have different range of powers, I find this all very interesting for that purpose.