Does the height of your character affect the range of your powers?

Silverado

On 8/22/2020 at 3:56 PM, Twisted Toon said:

I only zoom out 4 wheelie unit clicks of the mouse wheel.

Just enough to see the the feet of my character over the Enhancement bar at the bottom of my screen.

At least, for an average sized character.

The tiny characters don't need to zoom out as much for the feet to be visible, and the larger characters need to zoom out even further than the average.

I think the camera height is determined by where the head on the character is when standing...

I'm constantly moving my camera around and up/down/in/out to capture the best action shot of my complete awesomeness.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I usually run the wheel out as far as the map will let me so I can see what teammates are doing and which are in trouble. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

9 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I usually run the wheel out as far as the map will let me so I can see what teammates are doing and which are in trouble. 

This.  

In my first two years of EverQuest, I was all about First Person View for immersiveness, etc. 

but from 2001 onward, I've relied entirely upon Third Person View, scrolled back for the best field of view I can get. 

a) because I want to see MY character too, and my gear or costume, depending on game.

b) field of view becomes huge to see adds coming and respond to them QUICKLY, whether you are a Controller or a Tank.  And for most MMO's, those were my roles.  (Enchanter in EQ, Tank in Warcraft)

Maybe this needs its own thread, but is the height measurement in the character generator accurate? I made a starting height, athletic woman and stepped out into the tutorial and a policeman was like...twice my height. from time to time i stand next to woman npc's and they are always taller than me! do i need taller shoes?

Just now, Umagon 23 said:

Maybe this needs its own thread, but is the height measurement in the character generator accurate? I made a starting height, athletic woman and stepped out into the tutorial and a policeman was like...twice my height. from time to time i stand next to woman npc's and they are always taller than me! do i need taller shoes?

I'm of the belief that Paragon City uses a different system of measuring than real life, but that happens to share the same names as Imperial units of distance.

6' is definitely an average height.

2 minutes ago, Lines said:

I'm of the belief that Paragon City uses a different system of measuring than real life, but that happens to share the same names as Imperial units of distance.

6' is definitely an average height.

that was my running theory as I grew to accept my short-ness. I was perhaps average across the setting's planet, but that the heroic stock in paragon city were just a foot taller than the average. hee

If you make a 6 foot tall character and stand under an awning, you might feel like you need to duck.

Now that I think about it, at 6'3", I do that myself.

I literally have to duck to get through the doorway into my bedroom.

It sucks living in a house built by short people. (my grand parents built the house I'm currently living in)

None of the doors have the same measurements...

So, in game...

I do think that the scale of the buildings might be off a little on the small side though.

But, after 15 years, I hardly notice any more.

22 hours ago, Umagon 23 said:

That guy is about 6 foot 4 inches tall (my estimate, not official), and the character creator makes characters seem taller than they are in game - that scale in the background is too far in the background or something.