Help Me Settle on an AT and Sets for This Concept

oedipus_tex

There's this concept character I really like that I've never been able to finalize the AT and sets for. His name is Late Fee, originally created because I wanted to play Dark Control without being darkity dark dark darkity dark. So the concept is he's an employee of the last remaining Blockbuster video who absorbed powers from horror and action tapes.

image.png.6a00e1f789eb6534e50fec9e072ef322.png

I've rolled him as Dark/Savage Dom, Dark/Martial Dom, Dark/Time Dom, Dark/Electric Dom and it doesn't "fit." The issue is the pet dog. It just doesn't feel right. Of these, Dark/Martial I thought got closest to the concept, altho it honestly kinda sucked to play. 

What I really did like though is turning the Dark powers blood red. I really liked the contrast in the cleancut Blockbuster look with the howling gore of Dark Control. 

I should mention: I dislike Dark Blast as a set, so that's out. It's just not fun to me. 

So the question is: is there another archetype that can make this work? I've been looking at Dark/Ninjitsu as a possibility. But I'm open to other suggestions.

Edited by oedipus_tex

• 1 month later

I hope the OP doesn't mind me piggy-backing on this thread.  I've got a costume (below) and a general idea for a character (one of three insane interdimensional techno-genies from outer space), but no good idea for an AT or powerset combo.

Currently, she's a Gravity/Rad dominator, but for whatever reason, I just get bored with doms very quickly.  I'm digging Rad (never played it on live), and I like the idea of a control or support character, but I'm open to any role.  For instance, I've been considering a non-stalker melee set with some sort of elemental or energy defense, but not sure what would look good in gold against the purple costume.

BTW, I might change all that purple to black.

Anyway, enough rambling.  Here's the costume.

Divaneh.thumb.png.be3ed6fde69c8653c80f5ec84a8a717d.png

Savage/Dark Brute might be an option (if you can manage the Endurance issues). You could also go Dual Pistols or Beam Rifle /Dark Corruptor if you fancy Dark Servant (or Blaster if you want to go petless).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

I hope the OP doesn't mind me piggy-backing on this thread.  I've got a costume (below) and a general idea for a character (one of three insane interdimensional techno-genies from outer space), but no good idea for an AT or powerset combo.

Currently, she's a Gravity/Rad dominator, but for whatever reason, I just get bored with doms very quickly.  I'm digging Rad (never played it on live), and I like the idea of a control or support character, but I'm open to any role.  For instance, I've been considering a non-stalker melee set with some sort of elemental or energy defense, but not sure what would look good in gold against the purple costume.

BTW, I might change all that purple to black.

Anyway, enough rambling.  Here's the costume.

I like the costume. There are many ways you could go. Rad/Energy Scrapper might give you that Rad feel with a nice djinn sort of feel. Unfortunately, no other set has Assault powers, which I think is what you are enjoying from what you have currently rolled. Rad Melee has Contaminated Strike, Fusion, Radiation Siphon, Atom Smasher, and Devastating Blow shared with Assault, so if that is what you are enjoying from the set, Rad/Energy may be your path. If you are preferring the range, then a Radiation Blast blaster may be fun for you. Perhaps tie it to Atomic Manipulation for a lot of recharge and some more of those Rad powers. Alternatively, Mental or Energy would thematically fit as secondaries.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• Lead Game Master

For the OP - thought about a Necro/Dark MM at all? Quite a strong pairing and perhaps the minions could be ex-customers from the store. I agree with the others on the dark red colouring on the Dark powers looking good.... hmm may have to go make myself one now.

• Like 1

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!