Have missions check if you have done certain things before allow you to proceed

Oginth

With the exception of Ouro... Is it possible to have the game check if you have done the previous story/chapter before allowing you to proceed with a mission?

Example 1:

Missions about Praetoria refugees are introduced in level 30s, missions about the Praetoria invasion at late 40s. Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Example 2:

Atlas Park has Chapter 1 and 4 of one of the Signature TF. Why does it allow you to play chapter 4 before anything else?

People can play what they want to play, however they feel like playing them. The most I'd do is mention "part 1 of this is in The Nosehair of Nosferatu story arc" so people who want to do it in order can.

Less blocking of content is a good thing in most instances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Part of the issue is of chronology, the other is the content level.  They are really two separate things but folks expect their characters to both level in power while chronologically the story advances.  But any given portion of an event can  be written for characters of any level of power.  In fact sometimes that is how the author of a story does it, following different groups (of differing capabilities) as they deal with the overall event.

That's where things like a wiki come into the picture.  Perhaps as part of the contact(s) info in game might include how the chronology flows in the larger overall arc.  The downside is as new material is added all the associated contact info has to reliably be updated to include how the new material fits so anyone who wants to do so can take the story arc in chronological order.

If there's a chronology, it's that in which stories/missions were released.  Without a paid dev team, all we can really do is accept that Paragon City (and Rogue Isles) is a place with a fractured timeline.  It's a decent in-world reason why Ouroboros and the Midnight Club are so involved.

Clarity on the overall story is one of the game's worst aspects. I think the devs imagined all its players would have grown with the game, but it's become very hard to untangle for new players. The new praetorian arc is a big offender.

While maybe not blocked from content, I'd definitely like to see players guided through the stories more progressively.