Born in Battle missing progress in badge window

ZorkNemesis

I have a character who's currently working on the Born in Battle accolade and while checking progress on the badge I noticed something was off.  I have collected all required badges except for Ironman, however the Badge window reports that I have 5 out of the 7 badges, even though I have 6 of them.  Born in Battle appears to be not counting a badge toward progress, but I assume as soon as I get Ironman it will unlock correctly as I have other characters that have successfully earned it through collecting the 7 badges.  If I had to wager a guess, it may not be counting Pirate correctly, due to that badge being changed from trapping Ghost Pirates to just defeating them.

Attached is my character's progress toward the badge.  Despite having 6 of the 7, the help text says I only have 5 of them.

1157071106_BornInBattleProgressBug.jpg.124602944027eccfd4d51d244492e5d3.jpg

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

8 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Born in Battle appears to be not counting a badge toward progress, but I assume as soon as I get Ironman it will unlock correctly as I have other characters that have successfully earned it through collecting the 7 badges.

You are correct on both counts. I did some testing on the beta server (using the /badge_grant command) and it looks like when the 5th badge in the set is earned (and it's not tied to a specific badge, it's just whichever one you happen to earn 5th), the progress bar and the percent complete value both increase, but the numerical count remains at 4. When the sixth badge is earned, all three increment as normal, but the numerical count is 1 behind from that point forward. I tested it on two characters and granted the badges in different orders each time, noticing the same behavior each time. That's why I think it's just an issue with the numerical counter and is not related to any one specific badge. I have screenshots documenting the test and can post those if that would be helpful.

The accolade awarded normally once all the badges listed above had been awarded.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

I have no idea if this is related to the issue, but I thought it a bit strange that while the Born in Battle badge lists a total of 7 badges required for completion, the progress bar and the percent complete value increment in values of 1/8 (which is equal to 12.5%). I suspected it might have to do with the fact that the badge for enduring 1 million points of damage is technically two mutually exclusive badges, one for Primal orgin (Adamant/Ironman/Ironwoman), and one for Praetorian origin (Laughs it Off). I tested it on the beta server and noted that awarding Ironman increments each counter (the numerical, progress bar, and percent complete values), and awarding Laughs it Off also increments each counter, EXCEPT in the case noted above when one of these two badges is the 5th badge awarded. In that case, the behavior was as noted in my post immediately above.

So, I am not sure if the 1/8 increment anomaly is related to the numerical count issue mentioned above, but I thought it worth mentioning. Again I have screenshots if those would be helpful.

I also checked another accolade (High Pain Threshold) that both requires a total of 7 badges AND has one requirement that is actually two mutually exclusive badges for Primal origin (The Unbroken Spirit) and Praetorian origin (Undaunted). In that case, the progress bar and the percent complete value increment in values of 1/7 (which is equal to 14.29%).

• 1 year later

FYI, still an issue.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."