Multiboxing

Hi all. I just wanted to get some clarification on something.

I don't play more than one toon on one computer (because I am a game geezer and can't multitask worth a crap) but my housemate also plays at the same time and we team up. Is this considered Multiboxing and will we get suspended or banned?

Have a great day!

Doc

How do they tell the difference between two accounts on one pc and two accounts on two pcs? It's all on the network.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

It's not unusual (albeit irksome) for always-online software to send hardware reports to the server.  The admins/GMs probably just have to check what hardware profile is associated with a given account login to determine if they're multiboxing or on different computers in the same network.  There is also the in-game behaviour which one can monitor.  For example, last night I saw 8 Widows with identical builds, each a different colour, all running through the elevator in Pocket D, tripping over each other the way you do when you're set to Auto-Follow.  (mind you, not trying to get this person in any trouble, since 8-boxing has been disallowed, particularly during peak hours, but the signs were there.)

8??? Holy cow...either dedication or obsession

Or perhaps a PL squad? The character description kind of goes against the theory in this instance, but people Have asked for PL in the past or get their friends/SG mates to do it.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

As someone who has 8-box'd in the past, there are a few reasons.  I usually did it for roleplay reasons, but power-levelling can certainly be attempted.  Widows have the Leadership Toggles which stack with the Pool Leadership Toggles, and deal Toxic Damage on a short cooldown attack.  Quite functional for such a scenario.

Honestly, though, powerlevelling is quicker with 8 people who are all contributing, rather than just auto-bots.