Hami Raid planned!

Foxfyre

Might I suggest Hami raids on Sat. and Rikti on Sundays?

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

It was already suggested that we make Hami and every Saturday thing!  We are thinking about doing that.

As far as mothership raids....we can run ones ourselves, but right now the rule for mothership raids appears to be "If you build it, they will come."

Y'know, I played from issue 4-ish until sunset, had over a dozen level 50s by the end... and I've never done a single Hami raid. I should probably remedy that.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Oh for the days of: Is brawl a hold?  We don't have enough Controllers with PA!

So, funny story. I started hami raiding in issue 3, my inv/ss tank. My first 50. Learned how to lead the raids etc. And started leveling up an ill/emp with group fly just for raiding. Was a great toon, could PA drop, hami bait heal, hold hami. I had nearly all the bases covered. The week I got him to 50, got ready for the weekly justice weekend raids ... and the new hami raid was pushed out. >< I was so mad.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

So, funny story. I started hami raiding in issue 3, my inv/ss tank. My first 50. Learned how to lead the raids etc. And started leveling up an ill/emp with group fly just for raiding. Was a great toon, could PA drop, hami bait heal, hold hami. I had nearly all the bases covered. The week I got him to 50, got ready for the weekly justice weekend raids ... and the new hami raid was pushed out. >< I was so mad.

Want to hear something just as funny?  Same exact thing happened to me with my first Controller.  Leveled up, got him all decked out and yep.  New Hami that weekend.

Want to hear something just as funny?  Same exact thing happened to me with my first Controller.  Leveled up, got him all decked out and yep.  New Hami that weekend.

Ura Hero is my secret identity. I also had that exact forum avatar years ago on the live forums.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

• 3 weeks later

I assume that Hamidon Raids are a daily thing now.. I appologize for my absence, a lot going on lately so my time in game is limited.

Pretty much, generally between 9-10pm EST.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

I saw the other thread about Hami Raids and decided to move up my announcement a bit.  Was going to announce this tomorrow morning.

Justice Server (who have all settled on Excelsior) has a Hami Raid planned for Saturday 5/25 @ 8pm EST.

Please feel free to come help us take down the evil gelatinous goo!  We hope this will be the start of regular Hami raids on Excelsior!

Sweet!  I remember these on Justice, often led by Warboss and they rocked!  I also remember lots of humor.  I'll try to be there.  Q:  Is this every Saturday evening, or just (I hope you mean JUNE not May 25th at 8 EST)?  ;)

From the other comments on this thread, sounds like Hami is a regular happening thing, along with MSR.  Scheduled is fine; Impromptu is fine also.  Great to be back!  Happy gaming!

I think we should use this thread to post when raid times are expected to be.

I know they're usually at 9pm EST, but I also know that the time varies from leader to leader.

This is more or less so there isn't confusion on the start time.

Judgement Day - Soldier - Excelsior

Raid tonight at 10pm EST.

8D

Another full zerg in the books! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Heelz!

It's the second one I've been in, in the last week. I think Chissa? ran the last one, and it was also smooth as silk.

I've been thinking what the advantages are of having the first run be traditional, and the second be the full zerg. I think I like it still though, it introduces newer players to how Hami is traditionally done (well now, not old live necessarily), then the full zerg. That's good in that that it really helps them understand the mechanics for when they are on other Hami raids, and really it's only a 5 minute difference right?

Much obliged to the folks running these Hami raids nightly for the last few weeks. I've missed one or two, but I've made most of them and it's been a hell of a lot of fun each time.