All Tanker Hami on Excel 9/29/20

Warboss

Hi all,

As part of the Tanker Tuesday (TT) theme and mantra (to run all content using only all Tanker teams), we’re going to attempt to fulfill one of our collective bucket list items and run an all Tanker Hami on September 29th, on Excel at the usual TT time 6:00 PM Pacific/9:00 PM Eastern.

We’d like to invite all Tank enthusiasts to join our attempt with this historical undertaking. Our goal is to get a full league of Tanks, but with 35+ Tankers joining the event, I think we have a good chance of success. But, we’re Tanks, so, the more the merrier! And, the closer we can get to full league the faster the raid will go.

I’ll post more info in the next few days, as I get time. But in the meantime, please see the more recent pages of Tanker Tuesday posts under the Tanker forums for additional information about the event.

Considered yourself invited and we hope you are able to join us!

Edited by Warboss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

On 9/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, VV said:

If you want to be on the control team, be sure to pick up a Hold. There are several available in the Epics.

Thanks for posting that VV, I'm a little slow this week.

And, just to expand a little on what VV is saying, there are several options for additional holds to be had that don't involve respecing or rolling a new toon (for those sets that don't have them natively in the power set).

1) Change out your Origin power to Tranq Dart at the P2W vendor. You have to remove the current one, then add the Tranq Dart.

2) Gold Rings from the Ski Chalet.

3) Place a hold proc in a set that allows them. Examples: Blistering Cold, for Melee ST sets, Devastation for Ranged ST sets, etc... 

4) Any other temp powers I'm forgetting...

If your already have a set that has holds built into it, then picking up and additional set from the Epics would be a big help. Also adding the +2 mag procs will help.

If your sets don't have a hold, and you were thinking about trying another Epic set, then by all means, please try one with a hold (Arctic, Earth, Pyre,...)

Although I'd be thrilled if our hold team can lock down mitos on their own, this aspect of the raid is going to be our greatest challenge and likely a total group effort, so ANY hold you can provide will be a benefit and increase the chances of success!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Actually, while I have a minute, a few things more to have for the raid:

1) A method of Flight, by power set, or by temp power (jet packs are probably the best).

2) Ranged attacks, by power set is best, and at least the Nemesis Staff and Black Wand (from P2W vendor), other ranged temp power are fine, but I think they cycle a bit slower.

3) Holds, see post above.

4) Taunt, if you want to be on a/the Taunt team, you'll need this power. (only one Tank will be taunting Hami, but we'll have others on the Yellow Mitos).

Edited by Warboss

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing you there!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

On 9/15/2020 at 5:25 PM, Warboss said:

3) Place a hold proc in a set that allows them. Examples: Blistering Cold, for Melee ST sets, Devastation for Ranged ST sets, etc... 

Ah, this is a good bit. I had totally forgotten about doing that.

The one you like playing best. ;)

Now for the raid leader response: Depends on what your builds are like. We'll need hold, ranged and taunt in addition to our normal Tanky stuff.

If you have one or more holds, we could use you on the Green team.

If you have one or more Ranged attacks, we could put you on Blue patrol then assist with Greens.

If Taunt is your thing, we can use you as either Yellow Mito Tuanter, or the main Hami Tank (I think either build would work).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, MsAligned said:

Can't wait for this.  Also got this added to the Calendar: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/calendar/

off topic a bit, I see you, @Warboss, have a Reunion weekend tanker day, when plz, I do have a tank there.

Good deal, thanks for taking care of that MsA. Much appreciated. As for the Reunion Tanker Day, let's talk. We're overdue there.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

12 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I am Cinder... I am a Tank... I have it all...buh ha ha ha!!

Sounds good Cinder. We'll definitely be able to put your Tank to use.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

For the Reunion Tanker Day, I am U.S. west coast, that makes most of Europe +8 hours, so anything mid-afternoon eastern easily works for me, but, I still wake up early, no alarm clock since the lock down, still wake up at 4:30am.  Saturday or Sunday, no preference, just fewer morning tasks to do on Sunday, nothing that I can't move one day to another.  I am not even sure what would be a "best" time, I did a Numina at 4pm my time, took less than 5 minutes to put the team together, did Citadel 10am-ish, took 20+ minutes, both done on the same Saturday.

As for Reunion, my tank there is 48, but will probably hit 50 this weekend.  I have not found a channel to monitor that seems active, so getting the word out will need some work.  Also, when I do missions, lots of people 50, no incarnate levels.  So, even doing a BAF/Lambda is worth considering to help our Tanker bretheren.  I mention the iTrials,  because in the time leveling this tank, I have seen 1 BAF advertised, maybe I am just not monitoring the right channels.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:46 AM, MsAligned said:

For the Reunion Tanker Day, I am U.S. west coast, that makes most of Europe +8 hours, so anything mid-afternoon eastern easily works for me, but, I still wake up early, no alarm clock since the lock down, still wake up at 4:30am.  Saturday or Sunday, no preference, just fewer morning tasks to do on Sunday, nothing that I can't move one day to another.  I am not even sure what would be a "best" time, I did a Numina at 4pm my time, took less than 5 minutes to put the team together, did Citadel 10am-ish, took 20+ minutes, both done on the same Saturday.

As for Reunion, my tank there is 48, but will probably hit 50 this weekend.  I have not found a channel to monitor that seems active, so getting the word out will need some work.  Also, when I do missions, lots of people 50, no incarnate levels.  So, even doing a BAF/Lambda is worth considering to help our Tanker bretheren.  I mention the iTrials,  because in the time leveling this tank, I have seen 1 BAF advertised, maybe I am just not monitoring the right channels.

Okay, good input, thanks for bringing this up. I know we had one Tanker there trying to get the event going on Tuesdays (I think they posted earlier in this thread). Lets see if we can get in touch with them and get something coordinated. We'll talk after we finish up Hami this week.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hi all,

Hope to see you all on Excel this Tuesday for the upcoming Tanks vs Hami event!!

Roughly "The Plan":

Depending on turn out and builds, I'm planning on running a 3 round no-retreat raid. That is, we'll stay in the goo and clear the waves of mitos as the spawn.

• No pets until the last wave (unless we're struggling for damage, in which case I'll call for them).
  • Everyone will likely need around 8 EoEs (again, this number is hugely flexible depending on the numbers and builds we get).
  • Round 1 enter the goo, clear initial spawn.
  • Round 2 stay in the goo buff, eat EoE, clear 2nd spawn.
  • Round 3 stay in the goo buff, eat EoE, clear 3rd spawn.
  • Buffs prior to 4 wave mitos spawning, continue attacking Hami, spawn pets and push through.

Of course, everyone knows that nothing goes according to plan, so listen to you team leads and be ready to switch tactics as we go. If all goes South, we'll regroup, buff up and go at it again. Switching to a "Regrouping" raid if need be.

Again, depending on number of Tanks and builds, here's the general team/league set up:

1 Hami Taunter (may be more (that would cycle in/out) and/or have back ups, depending)

1 Yellow Taunt team

1-2 Yellow Kill team/s - 2nd Yellow Kill team may assist Blue team depending, otherwise will start assisting Green team once their mitos are down.

1 Main Green Kill team (everyone will likely need to assist with Greens) - We will focus attacks on the Green V.V. is targeting.

*If possible and we have enough Tanks with holds, we'll make a 2nd Green team. I'd laugh pretty hard if we could pull this off, but still it would be something! :)

1 Blue Kill team - Will switch to Greens when done

** For now, everyone plan on attacking greens once their main targets are defeated.

Let me know if you want to lead a team or be our Hami Taunter.

So far team leads will be:

MsA  leading Yellow Taunt team

V.V. leading the main Green team

So we need leaders for:

Blue/Yellow Kill team

2nd Yellow team

and hopefully 2nd Green team

Post here, PM me, or let me know at the beginning of the event.

See ya' Tuesday!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

6pm PDT/9pm EDT.

Also, the Org power you want is Taser Dart. I think I stated it was Tranq Dart. It's not, you want Taser.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Mark your calendar, today we made history. An all Tanker League, took down Hami!! Wait one sec... AN ALL TANKER LEAGUE TOOK DOWN HAMI!!

I get to cross one off my CoX bucket list, and off the collective Tanker Tuesday one. My/our thanks to our Hami Tank, all our team leads, people who made suggestions, input and brought their experience, and most of all to all the players who support our event. It was a once in a life time experience and we were able to do it because of you!

We're back on Excelsior next week 10/01. Meet in King's Row @ 6pm PDT/9pm EDT.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Had fun and we got it done.  Here's a screenshot of the league chasing down buds, to quell any doubts.....

screenshot_200929-21-51-46.thumb.jpg.7fe2cc6786d17377d593b87b501e5bf1.jpg

• Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291