Is there a way to see the exact set bonus values?

AboveTheChemist

Since I first updated the set bonus values on the enhancement sets page, I've had a little heartburn over some inconsistency I saw in the set bonus numbers. In general, I think there is some rounding going on, but I don't exactly know where to look to see the actual set bonus numbers that the game uses, and I'd like to verify which numbers are correct.

For example, if you look at Scirocco's Dervish in-game, it reports the five-slot set bonus is 3.13% AoE Defense, and 1.565% fire/cold defense, as seen below:

screenshot_200509-13-19-27.jpg.f132bf82de500f96e9dc289107d5b40e.jpg

However, if you look at the explanation of how the set bonus values are calculated, it states that the set bonus value is the product of a base value which is multiplied by a bonus multiplier that is proportional to the magnitude of the set bonus.

The base values for the AoE and Fire/Cold defense pair are 1.25% and 0.625%, respectively. Five-slotting Scirocco's Dervish grants a Large bonus to AoE and Fire/Cold defense, and Large bonuses use a multiplier of 2.5. Therefore the math works out to:

AoE defense: 1.25% (base) X 2.5 (multiplier) = 3.125%

Fire/Cold defense: 0.625% (base) X 2.5 (multiplier) = 1.5625%

I proceeded under the assumption that the latter math was correct, and that the numbers shown in the enhancement text were rounded, but I would like to confirm that. I have looked at some of the leaked game data, specifically the recipe/enhancement spreadsheets, and from what I can tell they confirm that the math is correct. I've also looked at the combat attributes monitoring in game, and the numbers displayed there are the rounded values, but I don't know for sure if the game actually uses the rounded value, or if it is just rounding them for display purposes.

If anyone has any advice on where I might look to see the actual, precise numbers that the game uses, I would greatly appreciate it.

In game? No. In the files? Yes, if it's not new or changed.

The numbers listed there as the Set Bonus in the enhancement window are I would assume not really numbers, but a copy of the actual set bonus' description text. If you put the name of the bonus as it appears in the players combat attributes or their personal info/powers into the chat with square brackets as you would any other power it gives you a power window for that set bonus showing that exact text as it's description.

For instance the bonus you are describing is technically a power called [Large Increased AoE/Fire/Cold Def Bonus] (not to be confused with Large Increased Fire/Cold/Aoe Def Bonus like I did the first time writing this post >_<). And it's description matches the listed set bonus exactly. And unfortunately the detailed info tab, since this is a power window, truncates the numbers the same as the Combat Attributes window, showing 3.13% strength to AoE Defense and an even more rounded 1.56% strength to Fire and Cold Defense. You will basically never find un-rounded numbers displayed in-game, though I am sure they are used as their full number, just rounded for display as you suggest. During live I remember people often asking for the true numbers to be displayed.

However, out of game looking this 'power' up in the deconstructed Powers.bin file for Issue 24, it's file name is 'Set_Bonus.PVP_Set_Bonus.Increased_AoE_Fire_Cold_Def_4' and is primarily made of three parts (truncated here):

Attrib Mod 0

Attrib = 112 (AoE Defense)
Scale = 0.03125

Attrib Mod 1

Attrib = 124 (Fire or Cold Defense?)
Scale = 0.015625

Attrib Mod 2

Attrib = 128 (Fire or Cold Defense?)
Scale = 0.015625

I assume the same numbers as in the leaked spreadsheets which I think the .bins are largely built from. So can confirm at least as of Issue 24's files those numbers are/were correct. If you have the spreadsheets you're basically working from the same info I have, just in another form

(Issue 24 unpacked .bins courtesy of Codewalker on the CoHTitan Forums and his .exe that can dump them to plain text)

Unfortunately, I have no means to unpack the Issue 25/26 .bin files. There's a guide out there to extracting info from them but it's DIY and far too technical for me. If I'm not given an extraction gui I'm stumped.

Edited by Aberrant
Added info about unpacking I25/26 files
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

2 hours ago, Aberrant said:

Attrib Mod 0

Attrib = 112 (AoE Defense)
Scale = 0.03125

Attrib Mod 1

Attrib = 124 (Fire or Cold Defense?)
Scale = 0.015625

Attrib Mod 2

Attrib = 128 (Fire or Cold Defense?)
Scale = 0.015625

This is perfect, thank you so much! I think this confirms that the more precise numbers are correct, so that is what I will continue to use. I think I have all the info I need without having to dig into the i25/i26 bins, but that you for those links. I'll keep them handy in case I need them in the future.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aberrant said:

is technically a power called [Large Increased AoE/Fire/Cold Def Bonus] (not to be confused with Large Increased Fire/Cold/Aoe Def Bonus

Magnificent

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum