Motherships in Pocket D?

Taki

Chatting with a GM once and while he didnt say specifically that out of bounds would be left in,  he did say they are probably low priority if players arent exploiting anything.  Like the one in the hive got closed up when someone was using incan out of bounds during a hami fight.

And there's nothing you can really do by getting out of Pocket D into the space beyond the structure. You can visit the two motherships, the gas station, the TARDIS, and the other rocks floating out there, but you can't affect anything inside the structure except for hovering outside waving at the people inside. I've tried using ATT and Recall Friend (now Teleport Other) to try to help people get outside, and it doesn't work. I admit that I haven't tried pulling them up through the gap in the rock in the tiki lounge, but that's a real corner case and relies on their cooperation, so you can't use it for griefing. All of which makes it a really low-priority issue to be 'fixed'.

9 hours ago, srmalloy said:

And there's nothing you can really do by getting out of Pocket D into the space beyond the structure. You can visit the two motherships, the gas station, the TARDIS, and the other rocks floating out there, but you can't affect anything inside the structure except for hovering outside waving at the people inside. I've tried using ATT and Recall Friend (now Teleport Other) to try to help people get outside, and it doesn't work. I admit that I haven't tried pulling them up through the gap in the rock in the tiki lounge, but that's a real corner case and relies on their cooperation, so you can't use it for griefing. All of which makes it a really low-priority issue to be 'fixed'.

There are places you can teleport folks outside. In the event they don't have TP. I did tours a while back and would just tell them to snag a jetpack from the P2W vendor then I'd TP them outside. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 12/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, Techwright said:

Anyone else notice how easily we slip into referring to what is only identifiable as a British police box as a T.A.R.D.I.S. ?  I say "we" as I'm guilty, too.  Just struck me as weird.

Fair enough, because we Brits do too. They don't really exist outside the show any more, since cops had radios from the late 60s and a whole mess of better tech now. There are only a handful of real blue Police Boxes still in existence on location, mostly for historical or tourism reasons - even at the time the show started they were becoming an anachronism.

Tip: if you go to London, particularly if you're going to London Film & Comic Con, there's one - and the only working one fulfilling its original functions - right outside Earl's Court tube station. (Needless to say, many nerds taking turns to get the shot). The red ones you see in Praetoria are the Scottish version, and there's dozens of those in Glasgow - but about half are in disrepair, and the other half are hipster coffee bars. Not sure which is worse.

Also, many Brits refer to your typical work site/festival PortaPotty as a TURDIS. Just to keep the thread classy, y'know.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Do the holes from Tiki still work?  I tried the larger one which is just to the left above the main exit, but my circle will never go white inside.  The only other hole I found was a very small one above the bar, and I could never get a circle of any color to appear outside.

4 hours ago, jessica said:

Do the holes from Tiki still work?  I tried the larger one which is just to the left above the main exit, but my circle will never go white inside.  The only other hole I found was a very small one above the bar, and I could never get a circle of any color to appear outside.

Yes they do. Using the method I described in previous pages. There is also a video in my signature showing how to do so. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yes they do. Using the method I described in previous pages. There is also a video in my signature showing how to do so. 

Found it!   Initially I got stuck behind the bartender down there.  But after running around a few times I made it out.   The video helped a lot.   Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, jessica said:

Found it!   Initially I got stuck behind the bartender down there.  But after running around a few times I made it out.   The video helped a lot.   Thanks!

For those who don't do videos (as useful as they can be), the portal is just to the left as you enter, between the entry and the end of the bar. Small triangular hole directly overhead.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 12/28/2021 at 11:40 PM, Schrodingers Bear said:

Manny's Gas doesn't look too good on the inside.

screenshot_211228-17-40-15.jpg

I feel like this is a wasted opportunity.  Some enterprising HC developer should put up some walls inside and put a unique contact in here for those determined enough to get there.  Give him/her a backstory and a short mission arc about trying to bring the gas station back home.  Of course, the attendant refuses to abandon the gas station because of company loyalty or whatever, and since it is a permanent fixture in the Pocket D map, all you can really accomplish in his mission after fighting through whatever craziness is to get a message to someone back home that the attendant is still on the clock and expecting full back pay with overtime when he finally does get home.

• Like 1