Motherships in Pocket D?

Taki

55 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Just swamp gas.

"All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I think we should declare October 4th a new holiday now, that's kinda freaky, tbh.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

So...what I learned in the past month is that there is a hole in the roof of the tiki room in Pocket D. You will need some sort of self-teleporting power to barely get through it. Once you're through it, you may feel like you're kind of stuck in the geometry, but you take a couple of turns and you're out in the open space, behind the "wall" that holds pocket D, and not only can you get to the mothership, there's even a gas station out there. 

You can see one of the motherships in the sky, above, slightly to the right. 

PD Hole.gif

outsidePD.gif

PDGas.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ukase said:

So...what I learned in the past month is that there is a hole in the roof of the tiki room in Pocket D. You will need some sort of self-teleporting power to barely get through it. Once you're through it, you may feel like you're kind of stuck in the geometry, but you take a couple of turns and you're out in the open space, behind the "wall" that holds pocket D, and not only can you get to the mothership, there's even a gas station out there. 

PD Hole.gif

outsidePD.gif

PDGas.gif

Known geometry error (top of page):

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

PD Hole.gif

outsidePD.gif

PDGas.gif

I assume the gas station is our way of pacifying them. Hot Dogs and slurpees cure all. 😛

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Known geometry error (top of page):

I would have reported it, if I thought for a second it was an error. I have no doubt this tiny gap was intentional. 

I mean, let's think about that tiny little triangle for a moment. You have to LOOK for it. It's not obvious even if you know it's there! And to actually go through it...you can't fit through, just by flight. You have to use self-tp, incan, or maybe shield charge or something along those lines and place the reticle through the space. It's not an accident by any stretch in my mind. 

Edited by Ukase

37 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I would have reported it, if I thought for a second it was an error. I have no doubt this tiny gap was intentional. 

I mean, let's think about that tiny little triangle for a moment. You have to LOOK for it. It's not obvious even if you know it's there! And to actually go through it...you can't fit through, just by flight. You have to use self-tp, incan, or maybe shield charge or something along those lines and place the reticle through the space. It's not an accident by any stretch in my mind. 

Oh it's not a big deal in my opinion, I just wanted to point to the fact that it had already been reported, so you shouldn't be worried. 

As for looking for these things, well... I am quite fond of doing so! I roleplay a character named Euclidean Pilgrim who scours zones for any geometry errors or holes in the maps. Needless to say, I have been outside every zone (even outside the Shadow Shard!). 

Spoiler

screenshot_200619-16-02-25.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Anyone remember the SG called Void Walkers, or Void Explorers (may have the name wrong) from Live?

They specialized in finding holes in the geometry. I went with them on one of their endless journeys toward the Moon.

I think they got censured by the "Negators of Every Rebellious Fun But Anti-establishment Thing" all-powerful supervillain group.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Anyone remember the SG called Void Walkers, or Void Explorers (may have the name wrong) from Live?

They specialized in finding holes in the geometry. I went with them on one of their endless journeys toward the Moon.

I think they got censured by the "Negators of Every Rebellious Fun But Anti-establishment Thing" all-powerful supervillain group.

No, but that sounds cool! On a related note, I once used superspeed underneath the map to travel over 50 miles from the zone. I was hoping I would reach a point where the game stops rendering or the skybox ends, but alas it just kept going.

• Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Apparently I have way too much time on my hands.

Manny.thumb.png.79d5db02361ed13a8d2e3636249c2c29.png

I PL'ed this guy so that I'd be able to give tours out there.  Sadly, it seems that Recall Friend does not function out there.  I was unable to teleport teammates from inside Pocket D, even when I moved closer to the building.

• Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Just now, Ironblade said:

Apparently I have way too much time on my hands.

Manny.thumb.png.79d5db02361ed13a8d2e3636249c2c29.png

I PL'ed this guy so that I'd be able to give tours out there.  Sadly, it seems that Recall Friend does not function out there.  I was unable to teleport teammates from inside Pocket D, even when I moved closer to the building.

If you move underneath either the hero or the villain side on the rocks, the recall friend teleport circle turns white and you can bring as many as you want out there. From there its just a matter or either using Group Fly or advising a temp fly for all passengers!

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Also, there's a TARDIS sitting on the roof of Pocket D.

Seems like a waste unless we were expected to find our way out here since it's not visible from inside the building.

Tardis.thumb.jpg.80f00bf7d6e358cf44944ee2afbee4ee.jpg

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

OK, I'm crawling all over the roof of the tiki room, and I've found three holes, all of which just show the inside of Pocket D, and none of which I can teleport into.

Can you give another hint to the slower students? A /loc maybe?

My Time Traveler really needs a screenie next to the Big Blue Box!

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)