Aggro and MSR

Ukase

2 minutes ago, VV said:

Utter nonsense. Even if stealth did work in combat, which is doesn't, why do we need the Rikti to see us? I have never seen a call for this. What server/shard are you seeing this on? Tell them this is a ridiculous myth and to stop repeating it.

I've seen people say it quite a few times while leading MSRs on the Excelsior shard.  I just assure them in league chat that it does not.

51 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I've seen people say it quite a few times while leading MSRs on the Excelsior shard.  I just assure them in league chat that it does not.

Ah, I haven't done as many MSRs on Excel, so I guess I missed it. Spreading facts is good hero stuff!

23 hours ago, Black Zot said:

As noted upthread, stealth only counts until you do something that affects an enemy in some way.  Once you've aggroed them, you could have a stealth radius anywhere between zero and infinity and it won't matter - the AI knows exactly where you are.

As noted in my anecdotes, yep!

As someone that bounces around servers, I've seen this nonsense on Excelsior.  Not necessarily by raid leaders, but there are some self-appointed stealth monitors that go so far as to call out individuals by name in league chat.  On the other hand I never see this on the Indom MSRs.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this brought up and I'll keep this thread handy should I see such again.  I tend to do 1 MSR/character (to get sack + HVAS) and never again, til the next character needs those goodies.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, Apparition said:

What kills me is the leader - who leads a LOT of these - asked if, as leader he would be allowed to ask people to turn off group stealth. I sent him a tell stating that it's his raid, he could certainly ask, but that if he did ask, he would be asking for no legitimate reason as group stealth doesn't impact aggro. 

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

What kills me is the leader - who leads a LOT of these - asked if, as leader he would be allowed to ask people to turn off group stealth.

Good luck with that.  He can ask me to jump off a bridge, too.  😛

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.