Electric Storm Controller and Procs

Spectre7878

So I have been playing with mids to build my character and I wanted to go for procs in my powers. I just don’t want to waste time and influence if they don’t work. So my question is will the procs below work effectively in said power. 

Tesla Cage - devastation mag 2 hold and lockdown mag 2 hold.  Will this give my single target good a chance at a higher mag hold if it goes off?

Snow Storm - impeded swiftness Chance for damage.  Will this go off constantly as it’s on or just at start?

Freezing Tain - impeded swiftness Chance for damage. Again will this go off multiple times or just at the starts?

I guess what I am getting at, is it worth putting damage procs or any procs for that matter in toggles snow storm/hurricane , targeted  location AoE freezing rain/static field, or pets like tornado/lightning storm?

its all a bit confusing and I don’t want to waste time and influence for nothing. 

Also

Is there a way to keep T9 troller pets alive. Nothing is worse then summoning them just to die right away. 

17 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

Tesla Cage - devastation mag 2 hold and lockdown mag 2 hold.  Will this give my single target good a chance at a higher mag hold if it goes off?

Yes, and as a Controller you have a 25% chance to get a Mag 4 Hold anyhow and Hold a boss in one shot.

Snow Storm - impeded swiftness Chance for damage.  Will this go off constantly as it’s on or just at start?

Every 10 seconds. But at a pretty low chance. Probably not worth using.

Freezing Tain - impeded swiftness Chance for damage. Again will this go off multiple times or just at the starts?

Same as Snow Storm.

I guess what I am getting at, is it worth putting damage procs or any procs for that matter in toggles snow storm/hurricane , targeted  location AoE freezing rain/static field, or pets like tornado/lightning storm?

Best place for damage procs is click powers, not location patches or toggles... patches and toggles check on a 10 second timer, which gives them a pretty low chance of going off.

/Storm really likes to use Force Feedback's chance for Recharge IO in both Tornado and Lightning Storm (both have a 90% chance to activate when you summon). Lightning Storm makes regular attacks and procs in those are treated like click attacks, so it's not a bad place for damage procs. But it also wants solid slotting, so 5xApocalypse plus FF is my choice.

For Tornado, I use the ATO that summons an Orb... it's also a 90% chance like Force Feedback. Add in FF and an Achilles Heel, and that leaves only 3 slots for damage/endurance/recharge slotting (though the ATO has a good Recharge enhancement value).

Surprisingly, for Electric, the place to put procs is Jolting Chain. It doesn't do much damage base so enhancing it isn't useful, so procs are the only way to make it do decent damage. And with 3 damage procs (including Apocalypse, which you can only slot once 50), it actually does decent damage for a Controller blast.

• Thanks 2

A lot of people may advice Clarion, but that's way at 50. While levelling up, you have the option to 1) always have purple skittles in your tray, 2) build for range def because that's how mez gets you, and 3) try to work in Rune of Protection. Each one of these solutions will not make you immune to mez, but all 3 will make a big difference in making your toon playable, even enjoyable. Good luck.

13 hours ago, Spectre7878 said:

[...]

[...]

Of the two, slot Devastation first since it has a higher PPM.  Lately I've been going 4 pieces of Basilisk Gaze, Devastation +2, and if there's room, Lockdown+2.  If you keep your slotted recharge below 75, these tend to hit fairly often.  

If you can afford to give Gale 3 slots, the KB:KD and FF+Recharge enhancements make it one of the better forced choice powers if you tack on a little accuracy in the third slot. Put another FF+Recharge in Tornado and a third in Jolting Chain, and you'll be near-Perma +100 recharge in combat.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

19 hours ago, Six Six said:

A lot of people may advice Clarion, but that's way at 50. While levelling up, you have the option to 1) always have purple skittles in your tray, 2) build for range def because that's how mez gets you, and 3) try to work in Rune of Protection. Each one of these solutions will not make you immune to mez, but all 3 will make a big difference in making your toon playable, even enjoyable. Good luck.

And my favorite --> mez them first, at least on my Earth/Storm my opener when in line of sight (vs around a corner laying a patch) would be Stalagmites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spectre7878 said:

Would damage procs work in tornado 

No. Tornado does very high damage anyhow, and you want to put a Force Feedback: Recharge into it, and you want a KB to KD IO into it, so you only have 4 slots for Dam/End/Rech (4.5 if you use the Overwhelming Force IO to change KB to KD). You'll get a lot more damage out of slotting damage/recharge, and probably Endurance since Storm is hungry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:29 PM, Spectre7878 said:

Would damage procs work in tornado 

Procs do actually function in tornado, to clarify. As coyote said, it is worth maximizing damage first, as it does a lot. I have an achilles in there myself, and choose not to use force feedback here. Force feedback will proc upon cast, not from the power's ticks, and I am not necessarily casting tornado on cool down.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Procs do actually function in tornado, to clarify. As coyote said, it is worth maximizing damage first, as it does a lot. I have an achilles in there myself, and choose not to use force feedback here. Force feedback will proc upon cast, not from the power's ticks, and I am not necessarily casting tornado on cool down.

Correct. And Achilles is a pretty good choice, because while it has a pretty low activation chance... you may have 2-3 Tornadoes out, and only one of them needs to activate in each ten seconds in order to get the debuff if you're fighting a single target (tough Boss or AV).

• Like 2