Barracuda

Frosty15

Been trying to solo (2 box) Barracuda. At the final fight with Reischman the ambush spawns are endless, I fight the out in the caves so Reicshmn doesnt follow. But they are never ending, hundreds and hundreds. By the time I gave up the reichsman room was filled to the brim with mobs.

What needs to be done to stop the spawns?

Dominators and Controllers get a temp power that lets them hold all nearby 5th Column enemies, and Blasters and Corruptors get a temp power that deals massive damage to held enemies. You're supposed to cycle those to clear out the ambushes as they come.

Hi Stalkers on the team get a temp power Captain Mako Stealth that allows you to pass through the force field barred doors either side of the machine and then when you are inside you can turn off the machinery.

I thought that doing that would halt the constant spawns but that could just be nonsense in which case I have no idea what the temp and using it actually does.

Over to you wise heads 😇

• Like 2

OMG Baraccuda 2 boxing with my Psi/fire brute and Sonic dark defender.

The last mission I spend 90  min then quit. Reischman when I got him to below 50% he healed to 80-90 %.  And this happened 3 times in a row.  I dont think he is supposed to use dull pain three times in a fight but he did.  Figure he would just keep popping the heal.  Bug?

And the ambush spawns took a full 60 min til they stopped. And I was burning them down fast with Psi/fire brute.

Ronald_Tracey.jpg.f5bf14dab3f1564d2fa9dba57f4e4460.jpg

Captain Tracey : They sacrificed hundreds, just to draw us out in the open. And then they came, and they came. We drained four of our phasers, and they still came. We killed thousands and they still came.

Star Trek: The Original Series (TV Series)
The Omega Glory (1968)

• Haha 1

In this strike force, each AT gets a temp power from the machine.  Defender/Mastermind get a temp power that stops Reichsman from healing when he hits 50% life.  Scrapper/Stalker get a temp power that makes them immune to the laser doors in the back rooms and allows them to use the glowies there to halt reinforcements.  The other ATs get less important stuff.

Generally in an 8-man team you only need a Defender or a Mastermind to finish the task force, but on a duo run like you're attempting you'd probably want the other person to be a Scrapper or Stalker to stop the reinforcements from overwhelming you.

Edited by Veracor

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I think the answer is that the strike force is not meant to be duo'd, at least, that was not the Live Dev's intention. Back then, Strike Forces required a minimum of four players, so they designed it on the basis that there would be at least four players cycling their powers to deal with the waves.

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I read somewhere a TW/bio scrapper soloed this.

The ambushes aren't a problem anymore with my /fire brute can sit out in caves while ambush mobs come. AV wont follow.  Set burn to auto and ambushes cleaned up with no deaths. Can go out and seen a movie or something.

Its the Reischman heals.  I had a defender in there  used its power (stop Reischman heals) once then the power disappeared

It's not possible to solo Reichsman in Barracuda, unless you're a Defender or Mastermind.

Reichsman goes into phase at 50%, every time, without fail, then rapidly regenerates up to full health. There is no cooldown on this either, so without a Defender or Mastermind, it is not possible to defeat Reichsman. Unless that TW/Bio Scrapper was able to do over 12,000 damage when Reichsman was at 51% health in one hit, they were probably talking about the Dr. Kahn version of Reichsman.

If your temporary power runs out, you can step back into the Empowerment Machine to get a recharge, it just won't appear on your powers bar straight away.

Success!  

Two boxed with Psi/fire brute with Sonic/dark def.  Ambushes lasted a full 60 min. Had to wait out and defeat ambushes cause they would occupy pets and kill pets. But after that could concentrate on AV with pets out and debuffs. That part was relatively fast. The defender power prevented Reischman's heals.

Ty all for advice

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Frosty15 said:

Success!  

Two boxed with Psi/fire brute with Sonic/dark def.  Ambushes lasted a full 60 min. Had to wait out and defeat ambushes cause they would occupy pets and kill pets. But after that could concentrate on AV with pets out and debuffs. That part was relatively fast. The defender power prevented Reischman's heals.

Ty all for advice

Congrats on the win! I was watching this thread and checked in to see if any sort of strat had been worked out. Never did Barracuda before so it was fascinating to watch the discussion.

Side note: every time I have seen this thread title pop up on the forums the song “Barracuda” has started playing in my head.

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

On 10/14/2020 at 7:53 AM, AerialAssault said:

I think the answer is that the strike force is not meant to be duo'd, at least, that was not the Live Dev's intention.

The best-laid plans of mice and men.

We also weren't supposed to be able to get the Really Hard Way badge until additional Incarnate slots were released.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

The best-laid plans of mice and men.

We also weren't supposed to be able to get the Really Hard Way badge until additional Incarnate slots were released.

I never said it was impossible, only that without a Defender/Mastermind it very much is impossible.