Kheldian Buff Idea

SableShrike

Was answering some things in my poor neglected Warshade thread when I had an idea.

Why do khelds feel anemic in Dwarf, their most solo-friendly form?  Because it lacks any way to add AoE to it.  Every other AT can mix in Pool attacks to shore up AoE (Cross Punch, etc).

So I thought, since we know that Forms can be given access to Human attacks (Bolt and Eye), why not give Dwarf access to their nuke?

About every 30-45 seconds when maxed you could Dwarf stomp off a Quasar or Dawn Strike.  Seems balanced to me in that we have to burn a power and slots at 32 to use this.

It’d at least give them some more beatdown in the endgame.  Maybe adjust the nuke’s numbers in Dwarf so it’s usable more often for less damage.

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

Uh, dwarf is not the most solo friendly. Depending on if you are ws or pb, ws tri form is most solo friendly, where nova is 80% of your time.

I dont know, chaining dwarf mire can make for some better aoe damage.

Dwarf form is not meant for beatdown--it's meant for tanking.  On the other hand, tankers did recently get a boost so maybe the lobsters could use some help.

I do not agree with crossing over powers from other forms.  If you want to blapp or blast, change form.  Khelds get a lot of extra powers and slots on the basis that they have to change forms to use them all.  Giving each form all the powers of the others makes forms largely meaningless.

The problem with Kheld improvement threads, is you're going to find everyone has a vastly different idea of how to approach this as Kheldian playstyles vary immensely from person to person.

Some players may spend extended periods of time in any particular form, choosing to play out some sort of psuedo 'role' aka nova = blaster mode, dwarf = tank mode and while I don't prescribe to that particular mindset, it's a perfectly reasonable way to approach Kheldians based on how they are set up. I, however don't spend more than a few seconds per form while in combat and perfer the "all forms at all times" mantra. As an example, my ST attack chain is a shifting one so it is literally Nova Blast -> Gravity Well -> Dwarf Smite -> Nova Blast -> Dwarf Mire -> repeat (and yes this requires a heavy amount of macros) but I digress...

Giving Dwarf access to Dawn Strike/Quasar without the need to shift would not improve anything to be perfectly honest. While macros and binds are not native to the powerset, anyone can easily create a macro or a bind to instantly drop to human and trigger the power and this knowledge is nothing new. 

That being said, I firmly believe if any improvements to either the WS or PB kit are warranted, those would be mostly QoL improvements (for the most part) coupled with improvements to make the sets more intuitive in how they play while cutting down on power bloat... but that's for another thread and another day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Dwarf form is not meant for beatdown--it's meant for tanking.  On the other hand, tankers did recently get a boost so maybe the lobsters could use some help.

I do not agree with crossing over powers from other forms.  If you want to blapp or blast, change form.  Khelds get a lot of extra powers and slots on the basis that they have to change forms to use them all.  Giving each form all the powers of the others makes forms largely meaningless.

The one problem with this stance is that we *do* have powers crossing over from other forms now. (Don't recall if that was a live or SCoRE change.) The T1 and T2 blasts are available in Nova and Dwarf (one each.)

There is a disparity in offense for Dwarf forms, as it is - White dwarf gets three attacks, a heal and a taunt. Black dwarf's heal is also an attack, and its AOE is a buff (mire.) And, of course, if you take the appropriate human form attack, both finally have a single ranged blast, too.

(THis isn't to say I necessarily agree with the OP's suggestion. I'm on the fence.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:40 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm still a strong believer that:

1. Human form should get some Mez protection.

2. Toggles should suppress while shape shifted instead of drop.

3. Dwarf form damage scaling should be buffed slightly.

4. Nova form should get some kind of sustain built-in to it.

Can only increase dwarf damage by adding a +damage bonus like what is added to nova. Nova, dwarf and human scale from same stats. I dont think a simple increase in damage is what is needed but getting a balance between right is the hardest part.