A new enhancement Extend Duration

MsSmart

When you have a power that last a period of time, you have enhancements that reduces the recharge time, the amount of energy it takes, etc. But I never seen one that simply makes the power last longer, which from a player perspective may be quite alluring from the perspective that the power can last the entire fight as opposed to stop in the middle of the fight to restart it; such as many of the melee buttons that are so critical and have stupidly long animations. here is the super in the heat of battle, they stop everything to get into a poze, it does not matter that their enemies are pounding them while doing the poze. This is dumb, so why not have enhancement that can mitigate such foolishness? Other areas of benefits is for some pets being casted to last longer, etc.

Also would be nice to have some enhancements to strengthen effects, for example hurricane, there is no way to increase the intensity of the signature power, so EBs, AVs, and even minions of higher level simply ignore it; for example my stormy level 53 with T4s galore, employs her hurricane in a BAF and all the crazies ignore it, how insulting.

Sue

Any body who played perma MoG scrappers pre-I4 want to comment on why its not a good idea?

And wow did they take MoG behind the shed and brutally beat it; repeatedly.  That is definetly passable power pick.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

21 hours ago, MsSmart said:

When you have a power that last a period of time, you have enhancements that reduces the recharge time, the amount of energy it takes, etc. But I never seen one that simply makes the power last longer

Hold, Stun, Confuse, Immobilize, Sleep and Fear enhancements all increase the duration of the effect.

21 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Also would be nice to have some enhancements to strengthen effects, for example hurricane, there is no way to increase the intensity of the signature power, so EBs, AVs, and even minions of higher level simply ignore it; for example my stormy level 53 with T4s galore, employs her hurricane in a BAF and all the crazies ignore it, how insulting.

Enhancements are strengthening the power's effects. Archvillains have knockback and repel protection, so that portion of Hurricane is ignored. Archvillains also have innate debuff resistance (87% at lvl 54), and the purple patch makes your debuff only 90% effective (if you're level shifted to 53 fighting a 54 AV). So, you can have Hurricane's tohit debuff enhanced to the max (from -30% base to -71% on my /storm controller) but AV resistance and the purple patch reduces its effectiveness to -8.3% (-71% x 13% x 90%). If enhancements weren't strengthening the power's effects, you'd only have -3.5%.  I don't believe AVs resist range debuffs, so that's only impacted by the purple patch and you should be debuffing range by -54% (-60% x 90%).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Hurricane and other powers, specifically the repel can't be made more intense, would be nice for them to be made strong enough to affect ebs and AVs, it is really a cheap shot from the developers to just give mobs ignores to a storm defender signature ability; I do not see mobs being given passes on melee signature abilities, that would be of course sacrilege, right?

Longer hold player side, may sound scary, but controllers are broken, they can't hold anything over a LT with any practical consistency, and when they do get the hold, its comically short.

MoG is annoying when itis exploited by the devs in so many TFs and you enter Planet of the Paragon Protectors... But I would rather have a power last longer than recharge faster, besides the always dumb posing for the graphic inthe middle of combat while the not-amused baddies pounds on you...

Sue

On 10/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Any body who played perma MoG scrappers pre-I4 want to comment on why its not a good idea?

MoG was a completely different power back then. It provided massive +def / +res to all but psi (as it does now), but for 3 minutes and dropped your health to 10%. Finally, it eliminated all healing & regen.

A few things to consider, there was no 45% soft cap back then, higher level and rank enemies had +tohit, not +accuracy. So it was feasible that enemies could overcome the defense in it. I cannot remember if Scrappers had a 90% or 75% res cap back then, but either way, the healing penalty was brutal. Consider:

10% hp at 90% res = 100% hp at 0% res

10% hp at 75% res = 40% hp at 0% res

MoG either turned you into an Eluding SR that couldn't heal (SR didn't have scaling resists), or it made you an Eluding SR at 40% hp that couldn't heal. It also made you susceptible to psi (no def/res, so you basically were naked at 10% hp vs it).

It was strong for short durations, but you could easily get whittled down and had no way to get out of MoG aside from death or waiting on the clock.

Interesting idea but your suggestions seem better suited for procs. For example, a chance for increased knockback or knockdown.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

19 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Longer hold player side, may sound scary, but controllers are broken, they can't hold anything over a LT with any practical consistency, and when they do get the hold, its comically short.

Slot for hold duration and stack your hold (or take a secondary with a hold). On both my Gravity and Illusion controllers I've got the ST hold enhanced to a 40-45 second duration and under 3 second recharge. Even factoring in the purple patch, it's still around a 30 second duration against a lvl 54. Keeping a boss held is not hard.

12 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

Interesting idea but your suggestions seem better suited for procs. For example, a chance for increased knockback or knockdown.

We already have enhancements and IO sets that do this.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

We already have enhancements and IO sets that do this.

Never bothered to put a knockback enhancement in mids (or in game for that matter) before so I didn't realized that knockback enhancements already increased knockback/knockdown magnitude.

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

3 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

Never bothered to put a knockback enhancement in mids (or in game for that matter) before so I didn't realized that knockback enhancements already increased knockback/knockdown magnitude.

Knockback enhancements are on their own schedule, too, and they're a lot more powerful than the Schedule A enhancements.  A full set of Kinetic Crash will get you 174% boost to KB.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 10/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, Normal Thomas said:

Not trying to be mean, but what did you think knockback enhancements did? Or did you just manage to never see they existed?

1 hour ago, Dragon Crush said:

Not trying to be mean, but what did you think knockback enhancements did? Or did you just manage to never see they existed?

Thought they increased the knockback distance, not the magnitude.

Edited by Normal Thomas
spelling

All on Everlasting