Weekly Discussion 75: Poll

GM ColdSpark

Weekly Discussion 75: Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Please select which of the following topics you'd like to discuss in the upcoming weeks (you can select more than 1!)

• A) Noticeably underpowered sets; and what needs an emergency buff?
    • B) T1 Immobilizes in control sets
    • C) The Auction House - how to make it better for both new users and experienced ones
    • D) Mercenaries - Discuss!
    • E) Design an epic archetype for Praetorian Earth
    • F) Don't you just hate it when / love it when (with a focus on in game events not powers etc)
    • G) The pros/cons of making more hard-mode options for existing content vs new zones/missions
    • H) Incarnate powers, a discussion of ultimate power! (with possible follow-ups to go more specific)
    • I) Top Powerset Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the top powersets you previously identified that haven't been covered yet (Darkness Manipulation, Force Field, Assault Rifle, Dark Miasma, Dark Melee, Devices)
    • J) T9 Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the remaining T9 areas for discussion: Blaster/Defender/Sentinel/Corruptor Ranged Damage OR Brute/Stalker/Scrapper/Tank Melee Damage OR Dominator Assault & Mastermind

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/20 at 07:00 AM

• Lead Game Master

Hey folks! There is a poll on discord in the #weekly-discussion channel where you can vote on future topics for the next few months. Alternatively use the poll here. I'll consolidate the results.

https://discordapp.com/channels/572090223115239444/583043822624309249/772141483159584830

If you have topic ideas, please post them here for future polls or send me a message with them, thank you! (If your topic is picked you get a golden title in game "Weekly Discussion MVP" on a character of your choice)

Edited by GM ColdSpark

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

I'm afraid I can't access that.   Could you please provide the poll here for accessibly?

What do you guys want to talk about in our next weekly discussions? Pick more than 1!! 

A) Noticeably underpowered sets; and what needs an emergency buff? 
B) T1 Immobilizes in control sets 
C) The Auction House - how to make it better for both new users and experienced ones 
D) Mercenaries - Discuss! 
E) Design an epic archetype for Praetorian Earth 
F) Don't you just hate it when / love it when (with a focus on in game events not powers etc) 
G) The pros/cons of making more hard-mode options for existing content vs new zones/missions 
H) Incarnate powers, a discussion of ultimate power! (with possible follow-ups to go more specific) 
I) Top Powerset Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the top powersets you previously identified that haven't been covered yet (Darkness Manipulation, Force Field, Assault Rifle, Dark Miasma, Dark Melee, Devices) 
J) T9 Lucky Dip! I'll choose one of the remaining T9 areas for discussion: Blaster/Defender/Sentinel/Corruptor Ranged Damage OR Brute/Stalker/Scrapper/Tank Melee Damage OR Dominator Assault & Mastermind

Feel free to send GM ColdSpark direct messages with more suggestions to put into the mix for future polls - anyone whose suggestion is subsequently voted in for a weekly discussion will get a gold title for a character of their choosing in game as a thank you!

This is the list, if there are any that peak your interest, I think if you PM @GM ColdSpark they may be able to add them to the number counts.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• Lead Game Master

Thanks @Zepp. I will see if I can get the forum poll setup but meanwhile feel free to reply with whichever letters you want to cast a vote for and I'll combine at the end of the week.

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Just to clarify... we should only vote in one of the two polls?

• Lead Game Master

Preferably, yes please. It's an anonymous poll so I'd have no way to know - but you're all very honourable heroes (except for those dastardly villains!) so I'll trust you to collectively behave. Consider this a trial run of having the poll in the forums as well as discord, as CrudeVileTerror suggested, I'm up for it being accessible for all so long as it's not wildly abused.

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey everyone! ColdSpark might be new - but please make sure to give him the same respect that you give me. He is doing a kindness by working with you on the poll - as it can make keeping track of things more difficult. Make sure to always let him know you appreciate his work. He is awesome! 🙂

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

1 hour ago, GM ColdSpark said:

Preferably, yes please. It's an anonymous poll so I'd have no way to know - but you're all very honourable heroes (except for those dastardly villains!) so I'll trust you to collectively behave. Consider this a trial run of having the poll in the forums as well as discord, as CrudeVileTerror suggested, I'm up for it being accessible for all so long as it's not wildly abused.

I am getting the idea some peeps vote on both and skew results. It is making sense how some changes are decided and ideas are pushed through by a minority just because they troll more than others.

IS THIS THE HOMECOMING FORUM OR IS DISCORD?!

Thanks to all the GMs, your work is appreciated.

I was just asking the question as a point of clarification. I think, if possible, people should vote on discord as that has been the site of these polls historically. I was suggesting a possibke workaround for those frozen out of discord for whatever reason.

I also thought having the possible topics here would be nice if anyone wanted to chitchat about them.

7 minutes ago, Zepp said:

people should vote on discord as that has been the site of these polls historically.

So if folks aren't on discord their comments are too late.

Discord is the official place to make comments. Just say that HC peeps and no one like me can argue.

Having Zepp here saying just makes it look like there is a group doing polls that drives decisions that many don't see.

Edited by Taboo

6 hours ago, Taboo said:

So if folks aren't on discord their comments are too late.

Discord is the official place to make comments. Just say that HC peeps and no one like me can argue.

Having Zepp here saying just makes it look like there is a group doing polls that drives decisions that many don't see.

This is the first poll that I have voted in. I am not very active on Discord, but it is the home base for the Homecoming community. I think that they have done a decent job of including the forum community with the Discord community and have kept an open ear to both.

Of the options listed, I chose only one: (B) T1 Immobilizes in control sets 

I know that there are players who aren't bothered at all by being forced to take a single target Immobilize from a secondary. Writing for myself: These power picks are the top of the list for nearly useless powers at all game levels (from lvl 1 to 50+), and are one of the least-optimal powers on any build to invest slots in.

I've read the arguments that attempt to list the benefits of a ST Immobilize, but those arguments all read like rationalizations of a poorly-considered power to me. The cases where a ST immobilize is the first choice of an attack are so situational that they may as well not exist.

I have no issues with a ST T1 Immobilizes in a primary, as I can simply skip that choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Of the options listed, I chose only one: (B) T1 Immobilizes in control sets 

I know that there are players who aren't bothered at all by being forced to take a single target Immobilize from a secondary. Writing for myself: These power picks are the top of the list for nearly useless powers at all game levels (from lvl 1 to 50+), and are one of the least-optimal powers on any build to invest slots in.

I've read the arguments that attempt to list the benefits of a ST Immobilize, but those arguments all read like rationalizations of a poorly-considered power to me. The cases where a ST immobilize is the first choice of an attack are so situational that they may as well not exist.

I have no issues with a ST T1 Immobilizes in a primary, as I can simply skip that choice.

I think you are thinking about Support T1 immobilizes. Other than Illusion (pure damage) and Mind (sleep) all control sets have a T1 immobilize. These can all be skipped, because no AT has Control as a secondary (although most manipulation sets have a T1 immobilize that many feel is a wasted pick).

I picked 3: A (underpowered sets), I (powerset dip), and J (T9 dip), but I want to note there is a lot of Dark listed in I. I would be a fan of a whole weekly discussion on the Dark sets alone!

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

• Lead Game Master

Thanks for all the votes folks, I'll lock this now and get the new Weekly Discussion topic up shortly once I've collated the Discord and Forum votes...

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master