Lower damage taken requirement for BiB

fitzsimmons

The damage taken and mezz'ed badges are a bit crazy.

Getting the million taken is doable with normal play times, but Immortal with the current optimal strategy takes two pocket healers with 50 hours of sitting there taking damage.

Mezzed is easier, just an overnight with 1-2 pocket healers.

In general I am not for watering down badge requirements, but there are specific ones that need review.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, kelika2 said:

I dunno about you folks but whenever I get a badge I want as a title or something that goes with my character I almost instantly forget about it

I'm with you on this, but as the rest of the thread shows, some people take the chasing of badges seriously enough, which is fine of course.  I'm a heck of a lot more excited to see the "Resistance" hat was granted for female toons, but different strokes and all that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'm definitely not fond of the idea of reducing badge requirements too much.  It's already been done once.  I'm sure a lot of folks would like to get all those badges for little effort on the average walk from 1 to 50, but that's not really what earning those badges are supposed to mean.  If you look at a toon and they have 1500+ badges - that means something.

But, on the other hand, "Born in Battle" is one of the key accolades that more than just badgers want for it's +HP +End power award.  It's the companion to Portal Jockey on the blue side and both are intended to be end game accomplishments.  I think 100,000 is too light.  500,000 (second badge) might be appropriate, depending on where those badges are typically earned.

I don't even see accolades as being "key."  They're a slight extra bit of icing on the cake, it's not like being denied taking Incarnate slots or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I don't even see accolades as being "key."  They're a slight extra bit of icing on the cake, it's not like being denied taking Incarnate slots or something.

Same. They’re essential to be competitive in PvP but that’s it. Characters originally made for PvP are the only characters of mine that have any.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:57 AM, Shadeknight said:

Eh, I think its fine as is. Or maybe it doesn't need such a drastic lowering (i.e a million down to 100k)

Some/most badges that require effort and time should remain that way.

Aren't they already lower than at release?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

...Probably.

I made that post last year, at any rate. I still think some damage taken badges should be some vaguely high number the further you go, but maybe ones not tied to accolades.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

I agree.  The way Homecoming is played today is so much different than even end-stage live that the original numbers no longer make sense; most of them can be achieved only through farming.

Here's the progression I proposed when I posted about this a few months ago (well after the original post in this thread, I see, but before the necro):

Badge Current Dmg New Dmg
Tough / Stoic / Slammer 100,000 100,000
Indestructible / Hard Case / Big Dog 250,000 250,000
Adamant / Ironman/Ironwoman / Laughs it Off 1,000,000 500,000
Unbreakable / Iron Willed 10,000,000 1,000,000
Nigh Indestructible / Concussed 25,000,000 2,500,000
Invulnerable / Marvel of Modern Medicine 50,000,000 5,000,000
Immortal / Challenger of Gods 100,000,000 10,000,000

The idea is to roughly double the amount of damage needed for each badge and put the numbers at a level that could conceivably (but not always) be achieved through normal game play without farming. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't been chasing the damage taken or given badges since it would take a afk situation for my badger to get them

I'm coming up on vet level 200, so if we extrapolate, I'll get the damage done around vet level 250, and damage taken at 800.

Dual Blades/WP scrapper.   I think it's reasonable to get the badge numbers to where a vet level of 100 to 200 would be a fairly casual feat to have picked those up without too many contortions.

• Thumbs Up 1