Electric Affinity revamp

Outrider_01

Its been 6 months, Electric Affinity needs a another pass over after just as much as Dark Melee is getting toned down and other sets are getting tuned up / brought in line.

• Static mechanic
    • is useless beyond 5 in  a group, even with a couple of masterminds on the team its like 40 something targets at 5.  At 15, its over a hundred and beyond useless at that point.
    • At 15 stacked, during a costume contest pissing people off it jump almost the entire side in length of one side where everyone stands in line.  And the buffs got weaker, to no real affect.  Only cool affect if the 2 lines stood next to each other, would be a Jacobs Ladder like you see in a Frankenstein  laboratory.
    • Buff Static, by allowing buffs to jump back and fourth after it has been applied.  So the buff lasts longer but get weaker overtime
  •  Shock, single target debuff that is pretty effective....against an EB or AV. 
    • For a single target, it is next to useless at low levels at level 1
    • Add a jump mechanic to the shock, at least let it hit 5 targets.
  • Static mechanic and Rejuvenation Circuit.
    • RC is basically a splash heal like Radiant or Healing Aura, Aura have a radius of 25 and 255 target cap assuming everyone is hugging in a none pandemic situation.  RC has a radius of 30, but that is for jumping mechanic it can go further and the target cap is reduced, as it is limited by the total number of Static built up.  Essentially it trades range for a really weak heal.
    • Static mechanic should act like a buff to the heal, perhaps adding a heal over time aspect like Temporal mending.  Doesn't have to be high, just a nice extra other then 115 hps hitting 40 targets which is barely noticable
  •  Galvanic Sentinel
    • could use a bit of damage to make it more useful.
  •  Energizing Circuit
    • Pours more endurance then necessary: 1st target 50, 2nd 35, everything else is 25
    • Reduce the endurance drop, add a short term high recovery bonus.  
    • +Recharge aspect last longer, but reduces over time.  15 seconds, 5 sec +125, 5 second +75, 5 second +25
  • Faraday Cage
    • The radius is tiny, the endurance cost is to high, and you have to resummon it constantly in a fast moving group
    • Change it to a pet, like the Shield Drone in Traps.  Some other aspect like it disappears after 60 seconds but has a longer recharge
  • Empowering Circuit
    • Find as is, lasts 60 seconds and doesn't stack.  The way most of the buffs should act, but over time they should get weaker like Incarnate and like the suggestion for Energizing Circuit
  • Defiberlate 
    •  7 range to activate, next to useless for a mass rez with the same radius of Howling Twilight unless you got a TP friend.
    • Suggest a longer range to activate like 30
      •  NPC stack, you can't get with in 7 range to activate.  You can't target the player at this point, but the radius is small in when you are targeting an enemy and happen to be 27 radius out of 25 from the target.
  • Insulating circuit
    • Fine as is, an endurance reduction would be nice.
  • Amp Up
    • Situational single target buff on an asininely long recharge.

The biggest problem with Electric Affinity is when given enough recharge, you have an attack chain for weak buffs that produce powerful effects (weak after a few targets).   You can practically ignore the other half of you powers which is not Electric Affinity's, which just makes the set very click driven and kind of boring.  And given enough recharge, the powers have a pretty high endurance cost of 13 for every cast for the 4 main buffs; even with Energizing Circuit its easy to drain your stamina if you get to far from your target.

Static really needs to come into play more, it should increase the effectiveness of buffs and reduce in effect over time instead of increasing just the target cap.  After that, can adjust the recharge of powers and beneficial effect; now you are not just clicking 4 keys to keep your team going.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Hm. I main an elec affin, and don't see any of the issues you are having? Like, none?

Using faraday cage, I have never had a problem keeping it deployed on extremely fast moving teams. 

What is really interesting energizing circuit is that solo, or on a 2-3 person team (including yourself), you can easily keep it up 50% of the time, which massively boosts team and self recharge. 

It is almost as if you and I are playing totally different sets!

Edit: I doublechecked. I run nearly perma-amp up. Having been on the receiving end of the power, I can say that it is truly bad ass, as a scrapper, fender (it does cool things to fender powers!), tank, and troller. Something with 98% uptime isn't situational beyond having a teammate! 

Edited by Hew

Uhhh my Amp Up is permanent on my Corruptor, Defender, and Mastermind. 

Faraday cage has never not been ready for me when we move...if your team is moving THAT fast that you can't re-summon then they obviously don't need it. 

I absolutely love the static power even with just 2-3 other players.

Maybe the issues you are having could be solved with different enhancements or more enhancements. 

• Like 1

Hell, I kind of felt like it was a well rounded and well balanced powerset.

And Dark Melee is getting nerfed? Why exactly? It's not exactly the greatest powerset, I personally find it a bit lacking if anything.

Faraday Cage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Force Field Generator

On fast moving, nay even moderate teams, FFG just sort of chugs along, sometimes getting hung up on corners and other types of geometry.  Faraday is ready when I need it.  

I didn't comment on any other points because I didn't read them, this one just leapt out at me inspiring a reply.

• Like 1

Yeah..Elec doesnt NEED anything. It is a really good set.

The only things I'd suggest changed:

Let RejCir (the heal) be castable as a PBaoe. I utterly HATE needing something close to me in order to heal. Or at the very very least, let it auto target the Sentinal pet if no team mates are in range.

Change the animation for the rez. A HUGE jump in the air and slam down, in order to shock someone alive? Uh..hello..I can shoot electricity from my fingers. WHY do i need to jump in the air?

15 hours ago, Solarverse said:

And Dark Melee is getting nerfed? Why exactly? It's not exactly the greatest powerset, I personally find it a bit lacking if anything.

Really not seeing this nerf you talk about with DM, given a LOT of testing with it. This comment seems focused on exactly 1 thing (smaller head count on shadow maul), and does not look at the _entire set_ holistically.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hew said:

Really not seeing this nerf you talk about with DM, given a LOT of testing with it. This comment seems focused on exactly 1 thing (smaller head count on shadow maul), and does not look at the _entire set_ holistically.

It was a question to the person who said it. I did not say it was getting nerfed...somebody else did. I just asked why.

I agree the set is great with the buffs, the Static aspect is useless and I would like to see it buff the buffs.  Could just as easily make them PBAoE instead of jumping, the heal is weak in comparison to the Auras at short range and you will rarely be casting it beyond sniper range like I mentioned at a costume contest; weak heal at 150 ft is useless in any practical situation.  I would like to see the heal bounce back and forth onto the same character multiple times beyond the single hit; so it at least heals for 20 several times for example.

The biggest beef I said, is the fact that you have 4 fast casting buffs and if you are chaining them you can't really use your other powerselection.  Sure, I might seem like an empath bot with 1 attack from the olden days...but the buffs are so good why not.  But throw in faraday cage thats 5.  Amplfy a single target is great but they are probably buffed out the ass with IO defense and would be nice if it splashed a couple of other team mates but was 20% as effective for 30 seconds for that long recharge and limited to 1 target.

I just can't get motivated to want to play this particular character, normally I like debuff sets since they are powerful with a single hit and then throwing in heals but the buffs cast in such an easy way I liked Elec Aff...but it gets boring after awhile.

21 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Back in Feb with I26

Shadow Maul (Tanker, Scrapper, Brute, Stalker) is now a much larger, faster cone that's actually capable of easily hitting multiple targets - especially on tanks!

• Arc increased from 45 to 120 degrees.
  • Recharge increased from 8 to 14 seconds.
  • Cast Time reduced from 3.07 to 2.35 seconds.
  • Damage lowered from scale 2.156 to 1.588.
    • DPS reduction is minor, it has only been lowered from scale 0.653 to scale 0.633.
  • Target Cap increased from 10 to 16 for Tankers.
  • Target Cap increased from 5 to 10 for Scrappers, Brutes and Stalkers.

Up coming in I27

Shadow Maul

• Target cap reduced from 10 to 5 (16 to 10 for Tankers)

Its getting toned down not nerfed from its last buff, like reduction in target cap from 10 to 5 and 16 to 10 (tanks); originally was 5 targets for melee cones in a narrow arc so they increased the arc with the target cap; guess it was to OP.  The fear power is getting buffed to an AoE aspect.

Note: expected changed in the beta, but it follows normal logic so I don't expect a major change from that unless they make an exception.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

27 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

I agree the set is great with the buffs, the Static aspect is useless and I would like to see it buff the buffs.  Could just as easily make them PBAoE instead of jumping, the heal is weak in comparison to the Auras at short range and you will rarely be casting it beyond sniper range like I mentioned at a costume contest; weak heal at 150 ft is useless in any practical situation.  I would like to see the heal bounce back and forth onto the same character multiple times beyond the single hit; so it at least heals for 20 several times for example.

The biggest beef I said, is the fact that you have 4 fast casting buffs and if you are chaining them you can't really use your other powerselection.  Sure, I might seem like an empath bot with 1 attack from the olden days...but the buffs are so good why not.  But throw in faraday cage thats 5.  Amplfy a single target is great but they are probably buffed out the ass with IO defense and would be nice if it splashed a couple of other team mates but was 20% as effective for 30 seconds for that long recharge and limited to 1 target.

I just can't get motivated to want to play this particular character, normally I like debuff sets since they are powerful with a single hit and then throwing in heals but the buffs cast in such an easy way I liked Elec Aff...but it gets boring after awhile.

Back in Feb with I26

Shadow Maul (Tanker, Scrapper, Brute, Stalker) is now a much larger, faster cone that's actually capable of easily hitting multiple targets - especially on tanks!

• Arc increased from 45 to 120 degrees.
  • Recharge increased from 8 to 14 seconds.
  • Cast Time reduced from 3.07 to 2.35 seconds.
  • Damage lowered from scale 2.156 to 1.588.
    • DPS reduction is minor, it has only been lowered from scale 0.653 to scale 0.633.
  • Target Cap increased from 10 to 16 for Tankers.
  • Target Cap increased from 5 to 10 for Scrappers, Brutes and Stalkers.

Up coming in I27

Shadow Maul

• Target cap reduced from 10 to 5 (16 to 10 for Tankers)

Its getting toned down not nerfed from its last buff, like reduction in target cap from 10 to 5 and 16 to 10 (tanks); originally was 5 targets for melee cones in a narrow arc so they increased the arc with the target cap; guess it was to OP.  The fear power is getting buffed to an AoE aspect.

Note: expected changed in the beta, but it follows normal logic so I don't expect a major change from that unless they make an exception.

Ah, I guess some people's nerf is other people's adjustment for balance. I don't consider something a nerf if it is the same or better than what it started at.