AE - Which Badges Are Not Attainable?

Cenozoic

Hello, Supers!

I am a longtime player jumping into badging, and I need help with a few badge questions regarding AE missions:

• Does AE give credit for defeat badges?
  • Does AE give credit for mez badges (60-minute specifically)?
  • Any other badge-related wisdom the team can share as it relates to AE?

Thanks for your help, looking forward to some guidance!

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

Wonderful, thank you!!!

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

• 2 months later
3 hours ago, Keovar said:

‘Among Friends’ is an AE badge that’s likely unattainable, since you need a full team on test mode.

I takes literally minutes. Ask a full team if they can help you get the badge. They will also get the badge. Start an arc of yours in test mode, ideally one you've prepared to be as quick as possible - click a glowie on a tiny map. Then click the glowie.

• Like 2

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

2 hours ago, Keovar said:

Maybe it's a matter of playing on a low population server

Maybe, but if you are truly desperate for the badge you can set your affairs in order, transfer to a high-pop server, get the badge and transfer back in probably less than an hour.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

9 hours ago, Keovar said:

Maybe it's a matter of playing on a low population server, but LFG searches typically take longer than that for regular content, and even DFB runs typically run with fewer than 8.  

It seems a lot of your problems are from playing on Reunion.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but now that Homecoming is nearing two years old, I think it may be time to start merging some shards.  Homecoming no longer has the population to really sustain more than three shards.  If you merged Reunion, Torchbearer, and Indomitable to one shard, you'd still have a smaller population than Excelsior.

Edited by Apparition

• 3 weeks later
On 1/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, Keovar said:

If they could fix the issue with names being tied up by dead accounts, maybe that would be enough to deal with the rest. 
I think a character should retain their name for a number of weeks equal to Level+2, so a 1st level character keeps their name for 3 weeks and a level 50 keeps their name for one year.  The countdown would be refreshed upon login, so the name recycling system would only affect dead accounts or unplayed name-squatting characters that the owner forgets to refresh.  Here's an unpopular opinion for you: I don't think there should be any permanent immunity to name recycling.  Use it or lose it. 

So, your idea is to punish players who made a character, chose a name they liked, but are for some reason not logging in on that character for awhile?  How do you consider a character "unplayed"?  Some people play their different alts according to their different moods, or any number of other reasons, and the idea of forcing someone to log in on any particular character "or else" would be a very fast way to kill the game permanently. 

And the idea of "name-squatting"?  What do you consider "squatting"?  The fact that you wanted that name but someone else got it first?  Sorry, but that is just silly.  Someone chose a name, they tried it and it was available.  Maybe they have issues keeping them from logging in on that one for awhile....I can think of several right off the top of my head:  In the hospital for surgery; lost their job and can't afford to pay for Internet that month, or similar things.  Unless they delete that character, the name is now theirs.  Perhaps you should consider using a bit more imagination in your naming?  Different spellings, or something like that.  I have never once made a character and then been unable to come up with a usable name that is reasonably distinctive, even back when the game was Live and had been going for 8 years.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, Apparition said:

It seems a lot of your problems are from playing on Reunion.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but now that Homecoming is nearing two years old, I think it may be time to start merging some shards.  Homecoming no longer has the population to really sustain more than three shards.  If you merged Reunion, Torchbearer, and Indomitable to one shard, you'd still have a smaller population than Excelsior.

I reckon as the only European shard, and sited in Germany,  Reunion will not be merged with any of the others, even if mergers were to happen.

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Regarding getting a team, I play on Reunion as it's the EU server and that's where I am.

I'm the last week I've managed to run the three hero respec trials (so I could get the badges), all on weekdays, all in the mornings, all with full teams. 

I've never had an issues getting on a team, if I want to, or forming a team to run a TF or Trial.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

The thing about the low pop servers...that's what the HC devs were aiming for, no? The whole point in getting more servers was to reduce the load on the ones already there. Excelsior, arguably the most populated server, I still come across folks who think the server is dead. Not sure what their logic is, but I suspect it's more due to the time they're playing, the content they're trying to get a team for, and possibly, their reputation. When one makes a comment some might find derisive, they may make a note to treat that player with disdain. 

I hate to say this, but what may be the biggest problem is the tired debate from live: some players are so OP they simply don't need to team to achieve what they want in game. So they don't. 

But I guess that's off-topic for this thread. 

I play on Reunion.  If I went by the stats then it's pretty much the lowest pop of the lot, and to some "dead", but I've always got teams, plenty of stuff to do, no problems.  If I'm on at 3 in the morning however then it looks even deader to anyone on the North American shards.

Either way, I get my game in.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 months later
On 2/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, Darmian said:

I play on Reunion.  If I went by the stats then it's pretty much the lowest pop of the lot, and to some "dead", but I've always got teams, plenty of stuff to do, no problems.  If I'm on at 3 in the morning however then it looks even deader to anyone on the North American shards.

Either way, I get my game in.

Aye, Reunion here as well.  Because of the smaller population, it is easier to team since folks remember each other better.  Small town vibe, quiet and relaxed.  I love it!

• Like 1