Best Solo Corrupter?

ceto555

On 11/16/2020 at 12:40 PM, ceto555 said:

Thanks! Think I'll try Ice.

Ice/Dark is a great combo

One of my favorites is Rad/Dark (lots of controls and utility) but it does not put out the same level of damage as Fire or Ice.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, Doomsday Baby said:

Fire Blast for sure!

So you think dark miasma for primary?

on a corruptor or defender? dark miasma/fire blast defender will solo a bit better than a corruptor unfortunately due to the nerfs of tar patch, but both can solo very well.

Edited by Darkir

I had a corruptor in the long long ago on Victory named Vesuvio's Ashlie, Fire/Dark corruptor. It starts out very potent with twilight grasp, fire ball, rain of fire and tar patch . That core of powers will serve you well. Of course I added in the other great fire and dark powers - don't forget howling twilight. It's so much more than a rezz - autohit stun, slow, and regen debuff with a high burst of initial -regen. Work your high recharge magic and you can alternate taking the bite out of alpha strikes with Fearsome Stare and Howling Twilight! Super speed with shadow fall means you can stealth higher level missions in comfort, but beware the Nemesis and RIkti

Edited by Psylenz0511
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doomsday Baby said:

Im open to suggestions, i was leaving corruptor but hasn't thought about defender...

The difference in damage is less pronounced solo - Vigilance gives you a decent damage buff solo and if you've got -RES effects, there are some defender sets that can slightly outdamage corruptors. Defenders can also stack up a lot of defence quite easily from various sources, which may mean you need to focus less on set bonuses for defence later down the line.

I found dark a really good secondary on my corruptor that was mostly solo. It's very, very safe. The pet is sort of a fun novelty more than a showstopper as you've basically got a second, slightly crap corruptor following you around.

I did dark/dark, which is a bit different but absurdly safe solo because you just end up stacking lots and lots of ToHit debuff, meaning not very much can hit you.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I like my Fire/Time due to the self buffing with Farsight and Clarion (puts you over 45% for M/R/AOE def). A good Soul Drain (up often) on large group plus Aim makes up for not being Kin.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Trailblazer: Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg(17)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(7), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(31)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(5)
Level 6: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(23)
Level 8: Rain of Fire -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Knock%(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(29), HO:Membr(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg(37)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(39), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(48)
Level 49: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Scourge
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(13), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(13)
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 1: Quick Form
------------

Edited by brasilgringo

I've been playing with corruptor and defender builds lately. This is what I've learned. (All this may be obvious to others, but I hadn't fully processed this.)

If you want to build for two softcapped defenses, (ranged and either S/L or melee) it is easier to do this if your buff set gives you a defense buff.

• Time or Traps will give you a big defense buff and a lot of build flexibility. You can take whatever epic pool and Alpha slot power you want. You can get plenty of recharge and/or procs in your build.
  • Dark, Cold, or Storm give you a more modest but still helpful defense buff.
  • Force Field is in between.

If your buff set doesn't give you any defense bonus, and you want softcapped defenses, your build will be tight. For some powerset combinations (e.g. Ice/Thermal), it's possible to achieve softcapped melee and ranged defense, but the build will be very tight, without much room for procs or global recharge, and you will have to take an Alpha power that includes defense (typically Agility). For some combinations, building for melee/ranged defense is simply not an option. You must go for S/L/ranged, and you must get some of that S/L defense from your epic power pool, which means no epic resistance armor.

That said, some other sets give you other kinds of build flexibility.

• Sets that include resistance buffs make the choice of a defense-based epic armor less of a sacrifice. EA, Nature, Pain, and Sonic all offer resistance self-buffs. Dark does too, thought not to S/L.
  • Sets that include mez resistance make it unnecessary or less necessary to take Clarion or Rune of Protection. These include EA, FF, Rad, Sonic, and Traps.

Of course, none of this says anything about the other benefits you get from your buff set. You might want a set that doesn't provide much self-protection because of the other benefits it provides.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, Bastille Boy said:

Dark, Cold, or Storm give you a more modest but still helpful defense buff.

Storm is a bit unique in that it's halfway between a blast set and a control set because it can pump out a surprising amount of damage and does a good amount of low-mag knockback and knockdown. It's a very strong solo set. I don't think you need to build up defence particularly with storm because it's such a strong lockdown set.

Likewise dark - you debuff ToHit so strongly you can skimp on defence and still be strong solo. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas