Thinking of making the switch from Rebirth

drithius

Downloading via Tequila right now.  How are Homecoming servers when it comes to running missions and taskforces?  I'm getting pretty disillusioned with Rebirth not just for its lack of an AH economy, but also DFB being 95% of what people run together...

DFB is still a lot of what people run here, but its a numbers game. If Rebirth has 20 groups and 95% are running DFB then that means there will be 1 group running something else. On Everlasting if there are 200 groups running content, even if 95% run DFB you will still see 10+ groups running other things at any given time. So there's just more opportunity there. From my experience there is also just fewer people (percentage-wise) running DFB on here than the i24 servers.

I hope you find what you're looking for here and, if so, welcome.

Remember, you can filter your chat tabs by creating new tabs and editing what channels go into them. 

Just right click on the chat window to see the options.

I separate the LFG and Help, and it seems to drop the signal to noise considerably. 

DFBs are still very popular, since a lot of folks are alting, which means lots of lowbies.  I've also seen Yin and Posi, as well as safeguards, lvl x mishes, ITF, and MSRs.  I admit I haven't paid much attention to incarnate content, because I haven't hit that level yet.

I, for one, lament the fracturing of the community that has occurred.  We were without the game for 7 years, and when it came back, there were almost immediately disagreements about how things should go behind the scenes, and the recrimination about the very existence of the SCORE server during that time; leading some groups to go their own way, to do it their own way.  I don't begrudge them the freedom to do so, but I still wish we were ALL playing in one place, and going in the same direction.  We are not a large enough community to survive long term if there is not some unity. 

Perhaps there is still a chance that will come later, but in the meantime, the player-base on Homecoming is almost 10,000 on a daily basis.  So, finding a team for street sweeping, doors, Task Forces, Trials, AE or any darned other thing you can think of will always be possible with that many folks around.  You might have to occasionally make your own team, rather than waiting, or relying on others to do it for you.  But, the option, and the resources are always out there.

What was no more, is REBORN!

I, for one, lament the fracturing of the community that has occurred.  We were without the game for 7 years, and when it came back, there were almost immediately disagreements about how things should go behind the scenes, and the recrimination about the very existence of the SCORE server during that time; leading some groups to go their own way, to do it their own way.  I don't begrudge them the freedom to do so, but I still wish we were ALL playing in one place, and going in the same direction.  We are not a large enough community to survive long term if there is not some unity. 

Perhaps there is still a chance that will come later, but in the meantime, the player-base on Homecoming is almost 10,000 on a daily basis.  So, finding a team for street sweeping, doors, Task Forces, Trials, AE or any darned other thing you can think of will always be possible with that many folks around.  You might have to occasionally make your own team, rather than waiting, or relying on others to do it for you.  But, the option, and the resources are always out there.

But that's normal in regards to people wanting different things. Having been playing a game(Ark Survival Evolved) where people can make their own servers but have a decently robust number of people playing(though sometimes spread out),    Its a good thing that there is choice but at the same time its important to note that there are good choices in these regards.

As for the OP, their concerns for DFB running have little meaning on HC servers due to both the volume and the way exp is handled.  The AH is also padded here partially and with the current users/servers its a non issue too. Task force and mission requests are almost by the second/minute as well so that's a non issue too.  Thus overall, the OP shouldn't be concerned as their wants, seemingly, will be met.

I chose Homecoming because Leo (the hard-working genius who brought the game back) is a helper/advisor here. People play the way they want here, and that's always best. If it's not FUN, why play?

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

DfB does happen a lot here, but it is far from the only content that people are playing.  On any given day at log-in I can find multiple groups (at multiple levels) running TFs or looking for Radio/Paper missions as well as doing missions.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find a place because so many people are looking to join, but if you start your own it's not that hard to fill spots.  ;)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

I’m On Reunion and yesterday on my lvl 7 I said in AP broadcast ‘anyone want to team for normal contact missions, not the damn sewer run?’ and immediately got a full team. We went, we hunted, we killed skuls and had a blast.

MCM