What's the best tanker at true level 12 with no set bonuses?

DougGraves

What is the best tanker you can make at level 12 for the KR missions, Hollows, Positron, etc.

At level 12 you can have lvl 15 SO's and the free enhancements from the P2W vendor for damage procs.

I am thinking Willpower as the regeneration has no damage holes - DR based sets will not be good against vahz and other exotic damage.

For secondary I don't know if it matters.  A set with an AoE at level 4 would be nice.  I am thinking of ice melee for the -recharge or dark melee for the -to hit.

Radiation Armor has the most useful tools for early game.  Put your P2W damage procs in Radiation Therapy and watch things go kaboom, and you get endurance at level 2 with Gamma Boost, and you get recharge boost and defdebuff from Beta Decay.  Rad is also very good against tox damage which is what makes Vahz so scary at lower levels.  I dunno but to me all that sounds like the winner for my playstyle at least.  (Adding Shadow Maul, Siphon Life, Particle Shielding and then finally Touch of Fear by 20 will give you one very decent low level AoE tank by the way, for going past 12 and up to 20).

713727745_lvl12-Copy.thumb.jpg.14a0fad91cd16fe7faba97c8550892af.jpg

Edited by alt2
  • Like 1

Not experienced enough with Rad Armor but most of the exotic damage types will also have positional types attached, i.e. ranged, toxic.  Not all but most.  Mostly at low levels like 12th I'd be most concerned about getting too many in my face at once and that overwhelming me no matter my mitigation.  That said SR will have solid melee and ranged defenses by 12 having already accessed both its toggle and auto powers for M/R.

Edited by Doomguide2005
For clarity

2 hours ago, alt2 said:

Radiation Armor has the most useful tools for early game.  Put your P2W damage procs in Radiation Therapy and watch things go kaboom,

That is a great idea, I had not thought of that.  I like Rad at low levels and that really could make a difference.

Don't discount Ice Armor. I remember having a blast in the early game.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

SR for sure. You just can't top having near softcapped defenses that early. Especially if you got your 8 hours of 3 amplifiers at P2W for 24000 inf at level 1, then you are truly softcapped.

Low level foes just don't have the tools to deal with it.

For a secondary I'd go:

- TW. Stack even more defense with Defensive Sweep, not that you need it, but it's also a cone right at level 1. You can also get either Crushing Blow for a reasonably big ST attack or Titan Sweep for even more cone AoE goodness.

- Rad. Add either Radioactive Smash or Proton Sweep. The "Contaminated" effect gives you small AOE damage regardless.

- MA. No AoE at all, but Thunder Kick + Storm Kick feels smooth and reliably boosts your defense. Easily the best choice if you want to be untouchable without amplifiers.