Remove Lockdown: +2 Mag Hold's Electric Cage vfx

AxerJ

Hey,

The Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold enhancement is a proc in the hold enh set. When it procs, a crackling, blue electrical sphere surrounds the target in addition to whatever hold power was used. 

Could we please remove the electric cage vfx? It'd be really nice to just see our normal power fx working. The +2 mag proc is incredibly useful, but my characters don't all summon electric spheres... and I'd rather just see my original vfx anyway. Possible to make it an option? I don't think anyone would be upset if it were just removed altogether.

Comments?

Thanks! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AxerJ said:

I don't think anyone would be upset if it were just removed altogether.

You'd be surprised. 😉  (No, I wouldn't be upset. But you can put money down someone would be.)

I don't know if "optional graphics for procs" is doable or not. (I can't imagine *how* they'd set that up. But to be fair I've been awake maybe ten minutes.) This also isn't the only enhancement that does this sort of thing either - you'll find others dropping enemies into blocks of ice, for instance.

*Something* has to be there to indicate "something happened," to me. But if there is a way to introduce options, I wouldn't argue.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, AxerJ said:

When it procs, a crackling, blue electrical sphere surrounds the target in addition to whatever hold power was used.

And that's my sign that my hold is +2 Mag, so I like it.

If there was a way to make my hold look different and still look like the same power set, then, yeah, that would be cool.

I can't see having the ability to turn off the proc visual fx (maybe easier to turn them all off than simply one) being a problem except for PVP.

I would want that kind of thing to be tied to an costume slot, but a general option in the option menu might be an easier "option" ... if it is possible at all.

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'd imagine there's something in the code that determines what vfx are used for procs. For example, the immobilize proc from Frozen Blast will always use the vfx from Ice Control. It must have been a random dev decision to choose the Tesla Cage for the Lockdown and Devastation chance for hold procs. It would be awesome if those could be customizable or automatically be based on your powerset.

4 hours ago, AxerJ said:

Hey,

The Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold enhancement is a proc in the hold enh set. When it procs, a crackling, blue electrical sphere surrounds the target in addition to whatever hold power was used. 

Could we please remove the electric cage vfx? It'd be really nice to just see our normal power fx working. The +2 mag proc is incredibly useful, but my characters don't all summon electric spheres... and I'd rather just see my original vfx anyway. Possible to make it an option? I don't think anyone would be upset if it were just removed altogether.

Comments?

Thanks! 

No thanks, unless they can make changing it an option.

The visual is nice as it tells me when the proc actually worked, then I can stack another hold.

I like it.

• Like 3

And another 'only as some sort of option' choice.  I want my visual cues ... even if some get a bit much (multiple Earth controllers in my collection)

Some of this stems from playing on Live for an extended period where I had sound looping issues so I got very used to playing volume off and relying on visual cues.

Others as I understand it play while listening to music and I wouldn't be surprised if at least some watch for such cues as well.  

• Like 1