Hurricane Repel

2 hours ago, Hops said:

Mobs don’t stay alive long enough anymore. I really tried to make storm work for me but on a 4+ team you are just throwing out bells and whistles and with the long animations for all of the powers you loose momentum and 3/4th of the mob is dead. The concept is outdated and needs to be refreshed. I feel the set only really shines when less people are on the team or sitting by the doors in a BAF. 

Fold Space does a better job at positioning then the entire storm set. That’s saying something cause it’s a power pool

The point is that the set plays differently.  I greatly enjoy my stormers, pretty much as they are.  Sure, they're more effective on a smaller team, or with tougher mobs (e.g. LGTF, ITrials, ITFs, DA mishs, GMs, etc) but that doesn't mean you have to change one of the central powers of the set.

I've tanked the ITF with my old stormer, including solo pulling down the towers to the team.  If it's not broken, why try to fix it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like Hurricane as it is.  Generally treat it as a situational power to group foes, not to scatter them.  Occasionally, as when the whole team is ranged and foes are mainly melee, it can act as an effective shield even if it is scattering foes.

• Like 1

-- Rock

On 2/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, Hops said:

Fold Space does a better job at positioning then the entire storm set. That’s saying something cause it’s a power pool

No, Fold Space does a *different* job at positioning than the storm set. It also requires multiple picks from that power pool first.

Quite honestly, after reading this perhaps you should play rad instead. Debuffing without having to even consider positioning, repel or knockback. It doesn't sound like you and Storm are clicking to me.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

No, Fold Space does a *different* job at positioning than the storm set. It also requires multiple picks from that power pool first.

Quite honestly, after reading this perhaps you should play rad instead. Debuffing without having to even consider positioning, repel or knockback. It doesn't sound like you and Storm are clicking to me.

He wants the storm animations without being the storm set!