The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Nunchaku

0th Power

My dream of a TMNT homage super team has been forever hindered because of the lack of a nunchuck melee set.  I had a suggestion a while back about the idea, and I thought I might try and flesh it out a bit more.

Name/description
Quick Strike - melee, light smashing, +rech self
Nunchuck Barrage - melee, moderate smashing, 2 hits
Flail - melee, high smashing, chance to confuse
Build Up replacement - melee, moderate smashing +tohit +dmg +rech
Figure 8 - cone, moderate smashing
Throw nunchuck - Range, moderate smashing forced redraw
No Name - pbaoe, moderate smashing
Onslaught - toggle on target and auto follow target looping
animation melee attack, light-high damage
increasing, endurace cost increases the higher
the damage goes

I'm not married to any of the names or powers so it won't hurt my feelings on any offered changes.  What I am looing at now is any animations in game that gould be used for nunchuck powers.  I think the throw nunchuck could use the shurkin animation or the freakshow throwing the sawblade animation (are they the same one?).  I was thinking for Flail to have an overhand smashing animation and could use heavy blow from street justice.  Not sure on any of the others

• Like 1

Have to keep the "no name" name. *nods*

Not sure I'd use it - don't think I've ever had a concept for this - but I wouldn't argue with the set being there for people to use.

• Like 1

Done with the Kheld "community" here. Since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and crap on people who do.  Kheld backstory guide might be uploaded in a non-Homecoming location when I finish the revision. No, it may not be put on the HC wiki, and what was there of my first one has been removed. Please do not reupload. I'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be crapped on and told "lol, lore for a lore based AT, doesn't matter, f you."

(Note, this refers to the playerbase, not the devs.)

Thoughts on a t9 ... that is I don't see 9 powers only 8 listed?

Brainstorming thoughts:  what about a +defense parry-like power (Whirling Barrier)?  And perhaps Onslaught might work better as a 'combo type mechanic' or a short heavy dot

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Thoughts on a t9 ... that is I don't see 9 powers only 8 listed?

Brainstorming thoughts:  what about a +defense parry-like power (Whirling Barrier)?  And perhaps Onslaught might work better as a 'combo type mechanic' or a short heavy dot

I left out taunt/confront/placate

• 8 months later