Kheldian ATO Proc Bugged?

Vitaee

I have a fairly new (Level 11 ATM) Warshade who has the   [Essence Transfer: Recharge/Global Heal Proc (Kheldian)] Kheldian ATO enhancement slotted in [Shadow Bolt].  It's been there for over a level now, and I have seen no procs.  The description says it gives many of your damaging powers a chance to proc a small heal,  I've checked my combat tab, and there are no heals there.  I did see some floating green numbers when I had this same ATO enhancement on my PeaceBringer. Literally the same enhancement as I used an Unslotter to remove it from my PB and eventually put it on my WS.

Character name is Twilight Starr on Excelsior server.

• Lead Game Master

So I tested this myself, and a few things became apparent.

The description of the ATO is using depreciated terminology. Currently, all procs use a PPM (Procs per minute) rating instead of a flat, percentage-based chance. PPM decreases when the power has a natively low recharge, and/or when the power is enhanced with a lot of recharge reduction.  IIRC, the optimal proc rate of 3.5 PPM occurs in powers with an 8 second base recharge, and no recharge reduction enhancement. And unfortunately, the ATO procs come bundled with recharge enhancement. And you're putting it into a power with a base recharge of 1.5 seconds. So, that alone is enough to floor any chance of the proc going off.

However, where I think we may have a bug is that the proc seems designed to go off whenever you use different attacks, other than the one it's slotted in. Which would make sense for a Kheldian, as there's a chance that you would lose access to the power/proc depending on what form you're in. Either that, or it's very poorly worded and is trying to mean "You can place this enhancement into most attack powers".

Can any other Peacebringers/Warshade users confirm/deny that this is their experience, as well?

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I looked up the power info, it appears to be a flat 12% chance to proc. The heal should be 53.545 HP. I also see no special requirement for what kind of attack. As long as it has a cast time or activation period it should have a chance to fire. If I get time, I can dig deeper, but hope that helps.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

56 minutes ago, RobotLove said:

There was a thread on this a few moons back, that came to the conclusion that the 'global' chance was actually bugged, and it only had a chance to proc for the power it was slotted into.

I will agree it is likely bugged, however it only proccing in the power it's slotted in is not technically true. I've had it proc across a variety of powers. To make things even stranger, the heal appears to either scale with damage dealt or scales based on the level of the enemy you're fighting, I never fully figured out which it was but grey con enemies yielded a larger heal, enemy's your level or higher, a smaller heal.

Update: I haven't had the proc slotted since last beta, popped it back in outta curiosity now I can even get it to proc one time. Definitely something wrong with this IO.

Tried it in my PB slotted into Nova det, ran around PI trying to get it proc. Did not fire once in that attack or in any other attack used.

Tried it on my WS in sunless mire. Even against 10 targets on multiple occasions, not 1 proc. Did not proc using any other attack either. 

Edited by Doomrider