Playing Nictus

Sin_Stalker

So I was attempting to create a villain I had on the old servers. He was a Warshade powerset but was supposed to be a Nictus. Well I guess I forgot that PB and WS have to start out as heroes and I am wonder if one of two things could occur.

1. It would be nice to remove these restrictions so I can just play as a warshade villain / Nictus from the getgo.

or 2. Make a auto villain PB and WS. Call them PeaceEnders, a defected or corrupted/brainwashed Peacebringer, and Nictus, a non-defected Warshade. With both PB and WS's abilities tweaked in minor ways to give them a slightly different feel. 

I'd imagine number 1 is the easiest, but number 2 is probably an easy way to bring in another power set since it isn't coming in from scratch.

Either way, thank you for possibly considering either way. 

-Sin

• Like 1

I mean, you technically can. Not that hard to go to Pocket D after you create the character, then go to Null the Gull and change your alignment to villain and then go level villain-side.

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 1/15/2021 at 11:38 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

I mean, you technically can. Not that hard to go to Pocket D after you create the character, then go to Null the Gull and change your alignment to villain and then go level villain-side.

This, pretty much.

The big issue is that there's no *content* redside for Nictus. (I keep planning stuff in AE. I want a nictus "cloud" as a contact. Not available.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

19 minutes ago, Greycat said:

The big issue is that there's no *content* redside for Nictus. (I keep planning stuff in AE. I want a nictus "cloud" as a contact. Not available.)

Would a Nictus Cyst work? I don't know if they are available, but a bunch of other objects are.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

14 minutes ago, Take One said:

Would a Nictus Cyst work? I don't know if they are available, but a bunch of other objects are.

It's available as an object, but not as a contact. At least that I remember.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:38 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Dont you need to be a minimum level to change alignment?

Also, where in pocket D?  Can't seem to find the answer on Paragonwiki. 

Edited by Sin_Stalker

10 hours ago, Sin_Stalker said:

Dont you need to be a minimum level to change alignment?

Also, where in pocket D?  Can't seem to find the answer on Paragonwiki. 

No, that's one of the reasons Null the Gull exists, so you can change alignment at any time. As Fraulein mentioned, only tip mishes require you to be level 20.

And I'll assume you ended up finding him? Answer wouldn't be on Paragonwiki since he's special to Homecoming. Null is a seagull that sits on top of the truck parked just inside the redside of Pocket D.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

And I'll assume you ended up finding him? Answer wouldn't be on Paragonwiki since he's special to Homecoming. Null is a seagull that sits on top of the truck parked just inside the redside of Pocket D.

Null's in Paragonwiki -- he was actually a live server addition, in Issue 20.5.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

No, that's one of the reasons Null the Gull exists, so you can change alignment at any time. As Fraulein mentioned, only tip mishes require you to be level 20.

Yes, I was able to find him. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

Null's in Paragonwiki -- he was actually a live server addition, in Issue 20.5.

Whoops, my apologies. For some reason I thought that I had seen people say he was a Homecoming thing and that other servers don't have him.

I'm going to mention a lovely little AE arc, id 36583, called "Kheldian Uprising."  Since there are too few Kheldian related things in AE, or anywhere!

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 3 weeks later
On 1/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, Greycat said:

This, pretty much.

Playing on my other villain, Planterror, at level 13 I have just been introduced to the contact "Dr. Shelly Percey" and the first mission "Find the Nictus" is about stealing a Nictus from the Council.

Just putting it out there that perhaps a Nictus mission could be the other side of the same mission, where you have to try and protect the Nictus from being napped. Also, related, trying to establish and maintain a relationship with Arachnos (and other groups) while dealing with Dr. Aeon's attempts at stealing/dissecting Nicti (Nictuses?).

Other than this, I don't think I've seen any mention of Nictus so far. 😕

6 hours ago, Sin_Stalker said:

Other than this, I don't think I've seen any mention of Nictus so far.

😕

Non-Kheld-mission Nictus... I think most of the missions are blueside that mantion them. Cimerora/ITF, obviously (which... would make for some interesting Nictus storylines,) but aside from that, there's the Portal corp missions to War Wolf Earth (which is Requiem "winning," the War Wolves being the result,) a tip or morality mission to stop a Nictus shadow seed carrier, Moonfire, of course... I think SHelly Percy's mission is the one that grants you temporary "nictus" powers (more like makes you a Galaxy.)

9 hours ago, Greycat said:

Non-Kheld-mission Nictus... I think most of the missions are blueside that mantion them. Cimerora/ITF, obviously (which... would make for some interesting Nictus storylines,) but aside from that, there's the Portal corp missions to War Wolf Earth (which is Requiem "winning," the War Wolves being the result,) a tip or morality mission to stop a Nictus shadow seed carrier, Moonfire, of course... I think SHelly Percy's mission is the one that grants you temporary "nictus" powers (more like makes you a Galaxy.)

Yes, I got the teleport and a blast for that mission. Was hoping there would be more but it went off on Midas.

Pointing these out makes me excited for Nictus perspective missions. Stealing equipment to build a teleporter and the initial attacks on the past in Cimerora. Maybe some missions kidnapping archeologists or finding relics which give the Council reason for focusing on that time frame in the past (lore building). Maybe a small anti-Ouroboros cabal, fighting against their timeline maintenance. The entire red side Nictus stuff easily can start small with attacking PB and WSs, persuade people that the Jedi are evil and get them to join the Sith --- I mean the Kheldians are evil and hosts for the Nictus. And build right into the counterpart to the endgame stuff in Cimerora.

Ugh, I am all excited for this. I may just need to start playing with AE again after a decade. 

Edited by Sin_Stalker

I'm going to poke the author of the above mentioned AE arc (Arc id 36583)  to look at this!  I'm only getting to grips with having a War Shade (lvl 27) as I never played them (or PB) on Live.  Just working my way through the story.  Some great stuff there!

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )