Penny Yin Week Wrap-Up

dtjunkie

Penny Yin is my favorite WST. This time around I beat my previous best (28 different toons) with 32 runs (all my toons between levels 20-49 except three).

1. 32 runs X 120 enhancement converters per run X selling price of $72,001 yielded around $275M (I feel like the auction house fees were probably covered by the few huge bids I hit).

2. Had two unique AT runs (where the team was composed of 8 different ATs (For some weird reason I get really excited when this randomly happens)

screenshot_210128-16-09-28.thumb.jpg.7b2d0df531ccce561bf4735330080074.jpgscreenshot_210127-18-26-34.thumb.jpg.1462f527f059eed093962e45900c21c8.jpg

3. One all blaster run and one all Kheldian run

screenshot_210126-22-54-07.thumb.jpg.bc0a5472afd6eab08fb192e2351e5075.jpgscreenshot_210126-18-52-01.thumb.jpg.8cc03e05f77d78f9ccc93852293ddcea.jpg

4. Highest number of the same AT on a random PUG? 4 tanks.

screenshot_210124-20-41-32.thumb.jpg.95dbcd69aa658ac1363e4c8357c2b20b.jpg

5. Device Blasters can't help themselves.

screenshot_210126-22-45-11.thumb.jpg.c4882fa60f74051e8ef38bb5a6124b8f.jpg

6. Number of times an impatient teammate tried to turn the run into a Speedy Yin - Maybe 3 or 4? Mostly steamrolled.

7. Number of team wipes? Zero. Came close once when five went down in the reactor room during the ambush + Clamor.

8. Number of times a Super Stunner stayed down cause we defeated him at range and no one was within melee? Once that I recall.

9. Percentage of time someone had TT after the second mission? 70%. Percentage of times TT was announced during the second mission and everyone waited? 2% Percentage of time TT resulted in being hacked to death by helicopter blades? 100%

10. Number of times someone announced they were going to go level in between missions 3 and 4 despite it having the same door and being like a mile from the trainer? Once. *mind blown*

11. Number of times someone announced they were going AFK during the ambush+Clamor? Once. *mind blown*

12. Percentage of time computers were clicked before the ambush was defeated? 60%.

Can't wait to go for 33 runs next time. Hope to put together more all AT teams. Last time did all blasters, all Kheldians, all dominators, and all defenders. Only managed two this time. Will definitely try for an all tank on Tanker Tuesday. And an all scrapper run which I will announce as "LF7M scrappers to solo Penny Yin 20+ WST PST".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who have TT and know they are going to use TT, waiting until everyone exits the mission and half the people start heading to the next mission before they announce TT.

Say it during the mission "TT after this mission".  Then everyone knows.  It doesn't make it better to make it a surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Penny Yin TF occupies a real sweet spot, IMO:

1. It's at the level range where ATs have begun to distinguish themselves (by use of their primary/secondary)
  2. It's at the level range where those who exemplar should still have most of their set bonuses from enhancements
  3. The missions themselves are "defeat most" (or "defeat necessary", as opposed to "defeat all")
  4. The maps are well-chosen. I especially like instanced 'outdoor zone' maps, the only map I dislike (by only a small measure) is the final room of mission 2 when Freaks scatter behind terrain.
  5. It scales for a nice challenge, even mid-mission (because you can always aggro MOAR enemies than you strictly need to defeat)
  6. Minimal cut scenes, travel between missions is straightforward.

I like Yin  because how short it is, how easy it is to get from mission to mission (never been on a Yin when someone hasn't had tt, but, then again, I have never run a Yin TF with a character that didn't have tt...), and how many levels of people that can participate in it.

Makes no sense for me to do a speed Yin. Honestly, I was at the point if someone tried to speed run one I was recruiting for, I was prepared to kick them from the team.

I did run one that was announced as a speed Yin. I guess that's for people that really don't want to play. I mean Yin is so short!

I also like it because it's a level that it generally doesn't turn into some crazy light show.

The only really bad SFX overload experiences last week were from some people with blinding color sets on lifegiving spores (of all things! I'm used to getting blinded by ice sets not plants!)

Overall, I had a lot of fun teaming with PUGs on all of the servers.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who have TT and know they are going to use TT, waiting until everyone exits the mission and half the people start heading to the next mission before they announce TT.

Say it during the mission "TT after this mission".  Then everyone knows.  It doesn't make it better to make it a surprise.

That's my third biggest pet peeve about Yin.  The first is when the star waits until half the people are halfway across the map to announce they have TT.  The second is when the star waits until half the people are halfway across the map to even ask if someone has TT.  I know that not all stars are created equal, but is this particular QoL leadership effort that hard?

That being said, I'm the "Yin is my favorite WST" camp too.  It's fast, and it's fun.  At +1 there's (usually) just enough challenge that you have to pay attention but not so much you ever really feel doomed.  (Though this is highly dependent on team makeup and builds...  Yin is easy to end up way overpowered on.)  Many teams you can run as high as +2 and still keep that balance.  (So long as some wise-*ss doesn't trigger the ambush in the final too early.  That would be my fourth biggest pet peeve - not reading the battle before clicking the computers.)

My favorite run this week, we accidentally started at +4...  That first mission was a real bear.  But we laughed it off, toughed it out, and the star reset the diff before the second mish.

(Also agree with @UltraAlt.  What is even the point of a speed Yin?)

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 2/2/2021 at 2:10 AM, dtjunkie said:

Penny Yin is my favorite WST. This time around I beat my previous best (28 different toons) with 32 runs (all my toons between levels 20-49 except three).

2. Had two unique AT runs (where the team was composed of 8 different ATs (For some weird reason I get really excited when this randomly happens)

I love Yin. There's enough scope to make it a laugh by doing theme runs which makes quite a simple, straightforward TF a bit more interesting.

All Kin Yins are up there for me. Largely because it rolls off the tongue nicely.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png