Best AFK Farmer?

Snarky

Okay, I have not run a Mastermind since way back on live.  I tried Bots and Zombies and never made it off Mercy Island.  So, yeah, I know I have a learning curve to climb haha.

But I do intend to try a bit.  One of my goals is to make an AFK Farmer.  That way I can eat and read the news and make a little infamy for creating...errr...afk farmer builds?

Anyways.  What would be the top choices for AFK farmer sets?  

There is no MM that would make a good afk farmer. Pets go too far away, dead. Pets not being supported by support set? Dead. Most MM sets won't survive in a farm unless the farm is a normal like 1 group at a time outdoor map or you're not running at max (and why farm at all if you're not running at max?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Most MM sets won't survive in a farm unless the farm is a normal like 1 group at a time outdoor map or you're not running at max (and why farm at all if you're not running at max?)

While I agree 100% that MMs would make terrible AFK farmers if the reason for farming is recipe drops and not Inf, it makes no difference between lvl 50 and lvl 53 enemies. As far as very rare (purple, not PVP) recipe drops, you might be able to run a farm as low as level 48 and still get one but I don't know that to be true (I have no experience with farming such content).

1 hour ago, tidge said:

While I agree 100% that MMs would make terrible AFK farmers if the reason for farming is recipe drops and not Inf, it makes no difference between lvl 50 and lvl 53 enemies. As far as very rare (purple, not PVP) recipe drops, you might be able to run a farm as low as level 48 and still get one but I don't know that to be true (I have no experience with farming such content).

Farming for drops is just kinda a waste of time. The lost influence difference doesn't make up for the difference in clear time and thus drop rate. You won't get so many drops per hour that you won't miss like 15m an hour in income from farming and there is kinda an effort breakpoint of like if you're farming lvl 50s for drops and having to blaze through a level as fast as humanly possible that's higher effort farming than just clearing a max level map at a good clear time and having influence accrue while you do it. AFK farming is kinda the rage which also tends towards highest level possible because then each individual enemy you afk through is worth more. 

But then I figured out converter crafting a while ago and I haven't logged into my farmer in like 3 months either lol

Edited by TheSpiritFox

40 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Farming for drops is just kinda a waste of time. The lost influence difference doesn't make up for the difference in clear time and thus drop rate.

I was thinking that the hypothetical AFK Mastermind Farmer would be possible (even if not lucrative) by turning down the difficulty on enemies.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Vee said:

any mob 47+ can drop a purple. but yeah bad idea all around for the reasons already listed.

Exposing my ignorance, but I'm not sure if a 50(+1) character still gets Inf from a level 47 enemy or not. I do know that it is necessary to earn XP from a defeat in order to get a recipe/salvage/enhancement drop. I'm pretty sure the lowest level character I had that got a purple recipe drop was lvl 47, doing Unai Kemen missions at standard (enemy level +0) difficulty.

20 hours ago, tidge said:

As far as very rare (purple, not PVP) recipe drops, you might be able to run a farm as low as level 48 and still get one but I don't know that to be true (I have no experience with farming such content).

I've gotten purples as low as level 46 when playing +3 content, which could have been either lvl 49 or lvl 50 mobs.  I'm going to *guess* that you need to defeat an enemy that is at least lvl 50.

Who run Bartertown?

No need to guess. Per wiki - Any critter that is capable of dropping a level 50 IO has a chance to drop a "purple". This includes, but is not limited to, level 47 minions, level 46 lieutenants, and etcetera. Giant Monsters, Monsters, and Underlings will never drop a "purple"

• Like 1

1) Open a second account.

2) Make a Fiery Aura/Rad Tanker on second account if your goal is AFK farming, or a Spines/Fire or Spines/Rad Brute if you prefer and enjoy active farming.  Key to either is soft capped Fire defense and both a damage aura toggle and a well slotted AOE you can stick on auto.  Lots of builds available in the “Farm Fresh Builds” thread on General forums.
3) Self level said new farmer, join an AE farm to level up or just drag second account farmer along on “Follow” mode to your main account while you level up/play.  It’ll hit 50 in no time.

As others have stated, no reason to force a MM into a poor farmer mode.  Use easier AT’s for that.  MM’s play best when played actively.  Tanks/Brute farmers are stupid easy to build and many can even AFK farm farm influence/drops for you while you enjoy playing missions/teaming on your main account.  I often have a few AFK farmers working all day long while I’m doing RL business meetings.  Easily generate a couple billion in passive influence and drops per week as a result.  EZ.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, Crysis said:

1) Open a second account.

2) Make a Fiery Aura/Rad Tanker on second account if your goal is AFK farming, or a Spines/Fire or Spines/Rad Brute if you prefer and enjoy active farming.  Key to either is soft capped Fire defense and both a damage aura toggle and a well slotted AOE you can stick on auto.  Lots of builds available in the “Farm Fresh Builds” thread on General forums.
3) Self level said new farmer, join an AE farm to level up or just drag second account farmer along on “Follow” mode to your main account while you level up/play.  It’ll hit 50 in no time.

As others have stated, no reason to force a MM into a poor farmer mode.  Use easier AT’s for that.  MM’s play best when played actively.  Tanks/Brute farmers are stupid easy to build and many can even AFK farm farm influence/drops for you while you enjoy playing missions/teaming on your main account.  I often have a few AFK farmers working all day long while I’m doing RL business meetings.  Easily generate a couple billion in passive influence and drops per week as a result.  EZ.

What AE are you using to afk farm all day?

38 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

What AE are you using to afk farm all day?

I don't stay in a single farm "all day," I use ShadowPC to run multiple instances of COH client and use my iPhone/iPad to check in on farmers every 35-45 mins, move them out, reset, and run again.  Since I'm not actively playing, it's pretty simple to just log in, exit mish, reset mish, enter mission periodically.

My 2nd account turned into my farm account it runs in the background while i play my 'proper' toons. Its afk almost all the time and hitting silly high vet levels now. When i have rl stuff to do i jump my main in and doorsit for some xp. Rad/fire/mu brute double damage aura, - defense, auto burn patch. All i have to do is shuffle it in the Briggs cave map occasionally the mobs roam inside and if you just move a little to a choke point they come to you. Free inf and drops.