Please add Trickshooter's Probibility Distortion powerset

Col. Kernel

1 hour ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Not a horrible concept but I think you can generalize the name to fit more characters by just naming it “Luck” or something.

Spock:  "Random factors of chance have operated in our favor."

McCoy:  "We got lucky."

Spock:  "I believe I just said that, Doctor."

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I use Time Manipulation to simulate "luck" powers for my concept characters.  YMMV.

That works too, but more powersets = more replayability.

And this set will play differently than Time Manipulation.  That's the really nice thing about buff/debuff sets.  While the difference in playing different melee sets is like the difference between playin squash and playing racquette ball, While the while playing different buff/debuff sets is like the difference between playing hockey and playing piano.

That set seems, at first glance, overtuned to me.  It's hard to tell with buff/debuff sets because they're so accumulative, and maybe I'm missing something that would actually play weaker than it looks, but it seems like it's a laundry list of "power" buffs/debuffs, including defense buffs, resistance debuffs, recovery and regeneration buff/debuffs, a seemingly quite powerful AoE confuse, and several sources of KD.

EDIT:  Actually, on second read, it doesn't seem so bad.  I missed that one of the big defense powers was ally-only, the confuse is super short duration per pulse, and some of the powers are difficult or impossible to perma.

Edited by aethereal

On 2/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, arcaneholocaust said:

Not a horrible concept but I think you can generalize the name to fit more characters by just naming it “Luck” or something.

Wikipedia describes both Longshot and Scarlet Witch's power as Probability Manipulation and considering this is an attempt to make that into a powerset I'd say probability should be in the name.

As far as the powerset, it looks really novel and I totally support it but it might be overtuned and could still use a little work. Mainly I am not certain about the Roulette power and where it is versus everything else and what it can do and how it does it. I think a more consistent buff may be better. I'd hate to be hit with Roulette and not get the boost I wanted.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

On 2/17/2021 at 4:16 AM, Normal Thomas said:

Wikipedia describes both Longshot and Scarlet Witch's power as Probability Manipulation and considering this is an attempt to make that into a powerset I'd say probability should be in the name.

Don't quote me on this but I think Domino's power is basically the same only that it works subconsciously.

Hey, thanks for being a fan of my old powerset suggestion!

I still have this email from Arbiter Hawk from 9 years ago: "I remember reading Probability a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen."

Always made me feel good. 😁

• Like 3

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah