Slotting Rune of Protection...

Vulpoid

If (big if) you have the slots you will get the most mileage out of the high end sets res/rech.  There is one each for the high end sets.  So, no set bonuses.  Titanium Coating, Aegis, Unbreakable Guard and Gladiators Armor each have on Res/Rech.  

If you have a super high recharge build you can just mule a Resists set Def% global in there (what i do on my main)

High end you can use the 4 slots as above, then the Glad Proc and the Steadfast Proc.  one stop shop for knocking out good bonuses on a Blaster for instance.  And gets the Glad 2 set bonus that way.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I usually do 2 lvl 50+5 recharge IOs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

The only things to care about are enhancing its recharge and resistance as well as set bonuses. If you don't need set bonuses, then I would recommend what Snarky mentioned while I'd also recommend enhancement boosters. You can make an enhancement a +5 which increases its effectiveness by 25%. A resist/recharge IO will be 62.5% of a single Resist IO and Recharge IO. So the +5 will turn this into 78.125% effectiveness per enhancement. 

If you 3 slot a +5 level 50 Resist/Recharge IO, it will be equivalent to slotting 2.34375 Resist IOs and 2.34375 Recharge IOs into the power. Before ED that would give you 99.375% recharge reduction and 59.625% resistance enhancement. That's practically 3 SOs of each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Another thing to think about is the value of a slot.  I can't currently play around in Mids but I'd compare slotting 2 boosted resist/rech vs 3 boosted.  I suspect the 3rd boosted slot is hard up against ED and may only add a few points of resistance or take a few seconds of recharge off (or less).   And then I would ask if that 3rd slot would be of more value to the build overall if slotted into another slot in a different power.

In general when building I find I am more pressed for slots in my power selections than getting a little more into the 'red' on a given power. 

Edited by Doomguide2005

1 minute ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Another thing to think about is the value of a slot.  I can't currently play around in Mids but I'd compare slotting 2 boosted resist/rech vs 3 boosted.  I suspect the 3rd boosted slot is hard up against ED and may only add a few points of resistance.  And then I would ask if that 3rd slot would be of more value to the build overall if slotted into another slot in a different power.

In general I find I am more pressed for slots in my power selections than getting a little more into the 'red' on a given power. 

You don't hit the hard ED until after you go past 100% (60% for schedule B) with your pre-ED enhancements. In other words, 3 slotting +5s will still have you in the yellow on Mids, but just barely.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Thanks @Bopper, that would indeed make it less likely I'd swap.  It may very well be the 3rd slot in RoP is what I'm looking to get by not pushing ED harder in another power with that slot.  As well it would pay to see how much time is actually trimmed and resistance adding with that 3rd slot.  Even if the difference in the % enhancement is seemingly 'large' the actual net may be smaller than hoped or more valuable elsewhere.  That's part of the advantage of Mids it takes but moments to swap around and see the results of various choices.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uun said:

I usually do 2 lvl 50+5 recharge IOs

This is 99% me, unless it is on a character with nowhere else to slot Global resistance pieces.

The last character I took to level 50 (a Mastermind) didn't follow this advice, and instead went with 4-slots of Unbreakable Guard.