[How2] Basic Installation Guide [MacOS - Apple M1]

WanderingAries

11 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

I'm assuming you have the output device set correctly in system preferences right? I don't know enough of how the launcher works with the OS beyond that.

Yeah, everything works fine outside of CoH...

I am new to using Apple devices. So it could be something basic that I'm missing.

I would go ahead and start a thread for help. That way if someone else has the issue later, then they'll have something to reference.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

7 hours ago, Flat Line said:

I've got CoH running on my M1 MacBook Air!

I got it running by following this guide (thank you!)

One issue though: The audio seems to be locked to my MacBook speakers. I can't get Bluetooth AirPods or the standard audio jack to work with headphones...

Anyone else have this issue or a possible fix?

Note that CoH is unable to switch audio device once it has been started. So, in order for it to work with my Bluetooth headset, I have to first plug in the headset, make sure it works, *then* I start CoH entirely from scratch. And if the headset for some reason loses connection, e.g I bring it with me too far from my computer or Discord messes with my audio settings, I have to log off entirely and restart CoH to get the audio to work again. 

This is an old issue, I remember complaining about it back on live.

Edited by Tuft
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:11 AM, Tuft said:

Note that CoH is unable to switch audio device once it has been started. So, in order for it to work with my Bluetooth headset, I have to first plug in the headset, make sure it works, *then* I start CoH entirely from scratch. And if the headset for some reason loses connection, e.g I bring it with me too far from my computer or Discord messes with my audio settings, I have to log off entirely and restart CoH to get the audio to work again. 

This is an old issue, I remember complaining about it back on live.

You nailed it, this was it!

As soon as I relaunched with my headphones plugged in, there was no problem.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Flat Line said:

You nailed it, this was it!

As soon as I relaunched with my headphones plugged in, there was no problem.

Thank you!

Nice! Happy that I could be of assistance!