Summer Blockbuster - Small QOL change

I am fairly certian that everyone has seen this happen at least once during summer blockbuster runs where when someone is defeated and respawns back in the cinema area and (usually due not being overly familiar with Summer Blockbuster) gets confused and accidentally quits the run by going out of the main door rather than correct door to the screen.

Currently there is no warning that going out that door will make you leave the trial. Any idea if it would be feasible to add a pop up when clicking on that door asking them to confirm they wish to leave the summer blockbuster? (much akin to rogue/vigilante's swapping sides via the doors in pocket D)

• Like 6

It hasnt been an issue for me but im still on board with this suggestion.  Also extend it to cover the exit door in trials and itrials where i have seen someone click the door.  Going to LFG and choosing rejoin last event is nice for a secondary method but it shouldnt be the primary way to stay in your group.  

main issue to me is players rushing into the colosseum before the other players are ready to start. it shouldn't start up until all players have entered. The rushers should have to wait for the team and not get dragged in before they are ready (mostly buying insps)

it is kind of annoying to be targeted immediately upon entering the colosseum as well. 

As squishy, I often have to spam heal insp immediately upon spawning into the thing to avoid dying right off the bat. 

Otherwise, I wish there were more double-feature movies like this as content.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I like the original suggestion; it's not a problem I've ever encountered personally, but I can see where it could be an issue and it's frankly one of those "I had no idea it didn't already work that way, why on Earth does it not?" things.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, UltraAlt said:

main issue to me is players rushing into the colosseum before the other players are ready to start. it shouldn't start up until all players have entered. The rushers should have to wait for the team and not get dragged in before they are ready (mostly buying insps)

Problem with this is that it could lead to one person bringing everything to a halt indefinitely. Sure, most of the time people just need an extra thirty seconds or so to buy insps, but if three people are ready to go and one goes AFK for fifteen minutes? Or worse, purposely decides to grief by just refusing to enter? And what happens if someone's client crashes or they're otherwise disconnected from the server while in the lobby?

Neither method is perfect, but short of a second "event is ready, here's a big green button and a 60-second countdown" pop-up (which might not even function if you're already on a trial map and would probably require some from-the-ground-up coding to make that happen), having things start when the first player enters the arena forces things to keep moving and prevents one player from intentionally or unintentionally holding the entire event hostage. Like any tough boss fight, Time Gladiator requires patience and coordination from all team members. Success really comes down to communication, leadership and respect -- if you need a moment, tell the group; if you're the leader and a player says they need a moment, tell the rest of the group to wait; if a teammate tells you they need a moment, wait until they're ready. Unfortunately, Leeroy Jenkinses(eseses) exists in all MMOs and there isn't a ton that can realistically be done about it.

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

On 3/5/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mjolnerd said:

Problem with this is that it could lead to one person bringing everything to a halt indefinitely. Sure, most of the time people just need an extra thirty seconds or so to buy insps, but if three people are ready to go and one goes AFK for fifteen minutes? Or worse, purposely decides to grief by just refusing to enter? And what happens if someone's client crashes or they're otherwise disconnected from the server while in the lobby?

As long as they aren't the team lead, they can get kicked from the team.

If it is the team lead, everyone else can quit.

The only bad behavior I have seen on Summer Blockbuster IS the guy rushing in and dragging the whole team in before they are ready.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I believe it's worth noting that the Heist portion of the Blockbuster does already function in that all four players need to enter the staging area before that half of the Trial begins.  Duplicating that behaviour for the Colosseum half isn't unreasonable (on paper, no idea what the feasibility is).  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 12:23 PM, UltraAlt said:

As long as they aren't the team lead, they can get kicked from the team.

While this is being looked at, can the Star Lottery be removed? This event in particular has the "random guy will get the star once you enter" bug in spades.

Otherwise, I agree, we need more of this stuff! Sequel me, baby!

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

3 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

While this is being looked at, can the Star Lottery be removed? This event in particular has the "random guy will get the star once you enter" bug in spades.

That generally happens when you lock your team or league before queuing.  Don't lock your team nor your league.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Didn't even know that could happen until last night, Doc?

Am I correct in thinking that the Bank Heist doesn't work in this manner and that all have to enter for it to start, or have my teams just been entering closely enough to together or the selection of all the rolls need to be made before that one will start?

League star gets shuffled virtually every run, locked or unlocked.  Not to mention members getting randomly kicked from the league, if not outright crashing!  There's been serious issues with the league mechanic virtually from the git, and I have yet to see anything that even resembles improvement.

This was just in a single 4-man team, no league involved. That's why I mentioned it. I'm familiar with the League bug.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

League star gets shuffled virtually every run, locked or unlocked.  Not to mention members getting randomly kicked from the league, if not outright crashing!  There's been serious issues with the league mechanic virtually from the git, and I have yet to see anything that even resembles improvement.

IIRC, the developers said back in 2019 that they would rather rewrite the turnstile from the ground up than fix it because its issues are hard to fix, but that would take a lot of work.  Soooo... I don't expect it to be fixed for a long time, sadly.  In the meantime: