Dark Astoria Team wipe reason???

Snarky

I joined a PUG at around 330 am yesterday (odd sleep schedule, not feeling great) and it was for a Dark Astoria team chugging along at +2 I think.

First off it seems to me with the extra effects and lighting it is a horrific idea to use Oranbega.  I could barely see half the time.  

Second, as we were in our third plow through everything easily mission...team wipe...

I am on my Dark/Dark main.  Normally only get killed if I am not paying attention or one shotted in Magisterium end fight.  I wasnt running my protection accolades (Destiny/Hybrid) or Rune of Protection....but still.  WTH one shots my Brute (and the team?) I dont even die that fast when i screw up in Battle Maiden fight.

After the mission I asked and someone said it was a "lightning user mob"  What, the Devs stick Thor in there and not warn everyone?  

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

So some random Sybil can wipe a team?  This is the same Dark Astoria people argued for pages and pages was not tough enough for 50s?   *facepalm

Yes they can hurt you if you run at them without a strategy. No they are not insurmountable.  

On the other hand because of the Level Shift mechanics if you happen to find yourself fighting them as +3s, +4s, or +5s while some members of the team fight them as +1s you will get destroyed while other team members cakewalk through them. 

• Like 1

What everyone here has already said about those lightning powers.  I had an MM I sort of casually soloed with a lot wander over there just before he hit 50 and he lost all his pets really quickly.  Often.  But I've also been on teams that do the usual steamroll too.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The current enemies in DA were the beginning of ramping up the difficulty for incarnates back on live.  Toons running around with the new promised 10 incarnate powers would seem to need some kind of formidable foes.  I've found those Knives of Vengeance to be very tough if you're underestimating them and chugging along like normal without paying those groups any mind.  They've got one location pbaoe that looks like the roof is falling down on you, if you're in that get out fast.  

And yes once you are aware of their danger you're conscious of the better tactics to use, so please more harder foes like that, but harder.   

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 2

Talons of Vengeance also have some kind of earth upheaval power which does considerable damage and debuff. If you pull multiple groups you better hope you steamroll them fast otherwise this and the lightning power you mentioned will start overlapping, and then you'll get flattened.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

4 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

Talons of Vengeance also have some kind of earth upheaval power which does considerable damage and debuff. If you pull multiple groups you better hope you steamroll them fast otherwise this and the lightning power you mentioned will start overlapping, and then you'll get flattened.

Those lovelies have caught me flat-footed many a time. And I think that the complete filling of the screen with particles affects was intentional to add to the confusion and mayhem.