Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

53 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Good catch and that is probably intentional. Black Dwarf step is faster animating than teleport, but atleast now the teleport doesn't happen after the animation ends (before it was delayed 1.17s, now it's 0.6s. That should at least be somewhat a QoL improvement if not a minor performance improvement. Have you tested it yet? I messed around with new teleport and the feel of it is much nicer.

I think the "faster animating" part is not true @Bopper. On live the Black Dwarf Step SAYS likewise that it animates in .73 seconds, but in practice that doesn't seem to actually be the case.

22 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think the "faster animating" part is not true @Bopper. On live the Black Dwarf Step SAYS likewise that it animates in .73 seconds, but in practice that doesn't seem to actually be the case.

I believe you, if you saw the HC Live CoD screenshot I posted above, you'll see in the effects that the teleportation is on a 1.17s delay, which is frustrating given the fact the animation is only 0.73s. The TP happens almost a half second after the cast time ends which makes you slower than you should be.

I would love to see play testing of the new version of Dwarf Step as the delay has been lowered to 0.6s which fits within the cast time of the power and *should* increase your overall performance.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

I believe you, if you saw the HC Live CoD screenshot I posted above, you'll see in the effects that the teleportation is on a 1.17s delay, which is frustrating given the fact the animation is only 0.73s. The TP happens almost a half second after the cast time ends which makes you slower than you should be.

I would love to see play testing of the new version of Dwarf Step as the delay has been lowered to 0.6s which fits within the cast time of the power and *should* increase your overall performance.

You’re saying that on test Dwarf Step is as fast as Combat Teleport? I will test that.

Alright, some play testing feedback. I ported over my Stone Tank since it already had Teleport and I wanted to see how the buffed Teleportation compares with other Travel Powers. The base range has been increased to 350 feet and the teleportation cast time is 2.0s (2.244s arcanatime). So on paper, you would think spamming Teleportation over and over would get you something like: 

fps = 350 ft/2.244s = 155.9715 fps (106.34 mph)

My build has no range bonuses, but I slotted Teleport with 57% enhancement, so I expected performance roughly in line with:

enhanced mph = 106.34 x 1.57 = 166.96 mph

I went to PI and set up in the water so that I could have unimpeded range, then I set up a keybind that would perform a max distance travel with teleport:

/bind numpadenter powexec_location forward:max Teleport

So I recorded my starting location, start my stopwatch and spam my keybind repeatedly until roughly a minute passed by. I ran the test a few times, but they were all roughly the same. I achieved a distance covered 0f 9,329 feet in 66.84s, which translates to 95.16 mph.

Honestly, this is really disappointing. Am I doing something wrong with my keybind? I'm surprised to see my capped speed in a straight line falls short of super jumping.

Edit before I post (yup...hated the results so much I wanted to retest to be sure). It looks like I had some user error with my keybind, I realized if I queue it too quickly I would teleport in place. Upon realizing this, I tested some more until I could get a clean run of no pre-mature TPs while also not being too slow to react to pressing the key again right after finishing the TP. This time, I covered 8,077 feet in 43.39s, which translates to 126.92 mph. That's not bad, I guess. It's a shade faster than super speed, just requires a keybind and super clean user mechanics. 

Based on these results, I probably would like to see a slight shaving of the cast time as opposed increasing the base range any further. Perhaps something like 1.67s or even 1.8s just to shave off some of the required human-eye reaction time to compete with Super Speed.

• Like 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

27 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You’re saying that on test Dwarf Step is as fast as Combat Teleport? I will test that.

They're really close. Combat Teleport is 0.67s cast time with no rooting (no loss of momentum), while Dwarf Step is 0.73s cast time and 0.73s root time (no momentum). Also, CT is on a 0.3s delay with its teleport while Dwarf Step is 0.6s, so you might have some potential waiting time on Dwarf Step. Definitely worth testing to see how it feels compared to Live.

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Alright, some play testing feedback. I ported over my Stone Tank since it already had Teleport and I wanted to see how the buffed Teleportation compares with other Travel Powers. The base range has been increased to 350 feet and the teleportation cast time is 2.0s (2.244s arcanatime). So on paper, you would think spamming Teleportation over and over would get you something like: 

fps = 350 ft/2.244s = 155.9715 fps (106.34 mph)

My build has no range bonuses, but I slotted Teleport with 57% enhancement, so I expected performance roughly in line with:

enhanced mph = 106.34 x 1.57 = 166.96 mph

I went to PI and set up in the water so that I could have unimpeded range, then I set up a keybind that would perform a max distance travel with teleport:

/bind numpadenter powexec_location forward:max Teleport

So I recorded my starting location, start my stopwatch and spam my keybind repeatedly until roughly a minute passed by. I ran the test a few times, but they were all roughly the same. I achieved a distance covered 0f 9,329 feet in 66.84s, which translates to 95.16 mph.

Honestly, this is really disappointing. Am I doing something wrong with my keybind? I'm surprised to see my capped speed in a straight line falls short of super jumping.

Edit before I post (yup...hated the results so much I wanted to retest to be sure). It looks like I had some user error with my keybind, I realized if I queue it too quickly I would teleport in place. Upon realizing this, I tested some more until I could get a clean run of no pre-mature TPs while also not being too slow to react to pressing the key again right after finishing the TP. This time, I covered 8,077 feet in 43.39s, which translates to 126.92 mph. That's not bad, I guess. It's a shade faster than super speed, just requires a keybind and super clean user mechanics. 

Based on these results, I probably would like to see a slight shaving of the cast time as opposed increasing the base range any further. Perhaps something like 1.67s or even 1.8s just to shave off some of the required human-eye reaction time to compete with Super Speed.

Boost Range and other range buffs can be applied. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Boost Range and other range buffs can be applied. 🙂

Yes, Blasters could do awesome things with Boost Range (Energy Manip) and potentially the range buff from Snipes. However I don't think any other AT gets a buff like this. There are set bonuses that could help as well, so with clever slotting you can probably squeeze some good range set bonuses. Some purple ATOs give 10%, while some 2 slotting ranged sets can get you 5% or 7.5%. So yes, you could get Teleport boosted an additional ...eh, 30% without getting too far away from desired build design. In that case, yes, TP with significant set bonuses can pull well ahead of Super Speed.

Edit: Double checked the Enhancement sets, many of the 7.5% range buffs I was thinking of are PvP only. So maybe 20% set bonuses is more reasonable for a build expectation pushing to that.

Edited by Bopper

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I do think the Endurance cost of Evasive Maneuvers/Quantum Maneuvers is too high. It should be the same as Acrobatics.

They are the same as acrobatics. All of them do 0.26 endurance every 0.5s (0.52/sec)

Just now, Wavicle said:

According to ingame numbers in Beta, on my Peacebringer, QM is .52 and Acro is .26

Got a screenshot? I'll pull up what I'm seeing as well in CoD

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Yeah, on live Acro is also .26

Disregard, it was user error. I don't know what I clicked, but it was not Acrobatics. Acro has 0.26 end per 1.0s tick rate

Edit, actually I know what the user error was. I saw the 0.5s Hit Time and mistook it for the activation period.

Given the fact EM does so much more than Acrobatics, I doubt we could get it down to 0.26/sec, but maybe 0.39/sec to match leadership toggles would be fair.

Edited by Bopper

Ok, I tested the Dwarf Teleports.

They are the same speed as on live, no change.

HOWEVER

The White Dwarf teleport operates Exactly as on live, no changes at all.

The Black Dwarf teleport lets you cancel out of the 4 second hover period immediately by moving. The White Dwarf teleport does not.

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Ok, I tested the Dwarf Teleports.

They are the same speed as on live, no change.

HOWEVER

The White Dwarf teleport operates Exactly as on live, no changes at all.

The Black Dwarf teleport lets you cancel out of the 4 second hover period immediately by moving. The White Dwarf teleport does not.

Good test, you're right. White Dwarf looks unchanged from Live while Black Dwarf had some adjustments. Here are screenshots of the Beta versions of these powers:
image.thumb.png.025b4b52b1040377f46ec6ecff98f21f.png

image.thumb.png.50116d451ef0620f059d791af943c245.png

I'm still curious as to why there is no noticable difference in the speed of the teleport. You'd think with the Teleport happening at 0.6s instead of 1.17s that the 0.6s version would finish sooner and allow you to TP again while the 1.17s you have to wait for you to actually TP to the destination before using it again.

Neither Dwarf teleport gets any of the other added benefits, the 350 ft range, the 15 second hover, the untouchable effect.

The Warshade human form teleport Does get all those added effects, even the untouchable effect which it doesn't have on live. It also lets you cancel from the hover by moving.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I'm still curious as to why there is no noticable difference in the speed of the teleport. You'd think with the Teleport happening at 0.6s instead of 1.17s that the 0.6s version would finish sooner and allow you to TP again while the 1.17s you have to wait for you to actually TP to the destination before using it again.

Still, your second test was consistent with what you would expect, that with full investment in TP you can go slightly faster than SS. Seems ok to me.

Just now, Wavicle said:

Neither Dwarf teleport gets any of the other added benefits, the 350 ft range, the 15 second hover, the untouchable effect.

The Warshade human form teleport Does get all those added effects, even the untouchable effect which it doesn't have on live. It also lets you cancel from the hover by moving.

I'm pretty sure some of that is by design. I forgot when CPH mentioned it (I27 Beta, perhaps) but I recall there being some justification for having Teleport be stronger. I don't want to risk butchering or misrepresenting his words, so I won't say more than that. Still, I am surprised the White Dwarf version is not set up the same as Black Dwarf version. That feels like an oversight

Just now, Bopper said:

I'm pretty sure some of that is by design. I forgot when CPH mentioned it (I27 Beta, perhaps) but I recall there being some justification for having Teleport be stronger. I don't want to risk butchering or misrepresenting his words, so I won't say more than that. Still, I am surprised the White Dwarf version is not set up the same as Black Dwarf version. That feels like an oversight

I feel like it would Clearly be better design for Dwarves to have Combat TP INSTEAD of Travel TP, but that's not likely to happen.

• Like 1