Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

2 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

So, going off of my previous question regarding how these trays will interact with Kheldian forms - if the "Mystic Flight popup tray" is disabled, will that also disable Kheldian popup trays (or any other similar trays), or will they be controlled independently?

Can you go on Beta and test it out? It would be good info to pass along to the developers if it is not working as desired. Asking for how something is intended to work is fine, but it should still be tested to see how it actually works as WAI is not always the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

Can you go on Beta and test it out? It would be good info to pass along to the developers if it is not working as desired. Asking for how something is intended to work is fine, but it should still be tested to see how it actually works as WAI is not always the case.

Unfortunately I can't get on beta at this time.  But I'd like to know how the devs intend it to work (and have been asking such for some time, and instead got told "you can't use these powers while in Kheldian form," which was so not what I asked!).

• Like 1

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

So, going off of my previous question regarding how these trays will interact with Kheldian forms - if the "Mystic Flight popup tray" is disabled, will that also disable Kheldian popup trays (or any other similar trays), or will they be controlled independently?

Yes, currently that option disables the tray, regardless of the power/wording.

Just now, Bopper said:

Also, this. We appreciate the questions/feedback, however, testing something and then providing feedback on what you think of that change is typically more useful to the development team.

• Like 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

10 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

If you jump on to the beta server, you'll see that you cannot activate Mystic Flight while in Bright Nova. So the question seems moot...

image.png.c8d81f9401599e48fc649fcb655963c1.png

...but I will go ahead and try to answer!

WITH SHAPESHIFT FORMS POP UP TRAY DISABLED

image.png.094ff94f897634e7a49af45b9fa081e9.png

WITH SHAPESHIFT FORMS POP UP TRAY ENABLED

image.png.13fad9656b8e41905543e0211eb33459.png

...AND THE POP UP MENU OPTIONS VIA NULL THE GULL (Note the fifth item down, "Could you disable my shapeshift popup tray" likely to be changed to "Click this to turn off the pop-up tray on this character")

image.thumb.png.54f730bc4de04b4e981c6d0652e2b63c.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
Follow up!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• City Council

As a follow-up to the above, you will likely see a wording change to Null the Gull in the next build which more objectively states "Click this to turn off the pop-up tray on this character".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

22 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

Yes, currently that option disables the tray, regardless of the power/wording.

20 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

As a follow-up to the above, you will likely see a wording change to Null the Gull in the next build which more objectively states "Click this to turn off the pop-up tray on this character".

That's disappointing.  Having a tray pop up for a single power is annoying, and something I'd want to turn off.  But I don't necessarily want to shut off the Kheldian form trays.

• City Council
1 hour ago, QuiJon said:

If it is perma now has does keeping it perma unbalance anything. As it stands These changes basically re-institute it seems like all the unbalanced nature of flight from before Afterburner was added to the game. At least for any trip that is longer then .9 miles. 

When the game came out (its been a while but if i recall correctly) flight speed capped with fly and 3 slots at around 62-65 mph. While SS caped with nothing but its native slot at like 92 mph. So really the best that a flier could do was 25-30mph slower then a SSer. And it was always cried it was balance cause flying was direct path, safer etc. However as game play went on SS was found to really be just as safe and way faster, especially if you took something like CJing with it. Eventually they did a new round of powers and fly got afterburner, SJ got that teleport attack etc. So with afterburner flight got boosted to the 87mph it is now, still slower then speed when you consider that with free p2w powers the vertical limits of speeding are easily overcome. And the way it is right now, with afterburner i get to a mission maybe just behind a speeder and a jumper but not to far behind. 

But these chagnes boost SS to 120 mph ALL THE TIME, if i read it correctly. Which means that anytime afterburner is not running i am essentially going to be back at the same mph difference that originally existed in the game, even at a higher speed cap. Where previous to these changes the afterburner boost mostly closed that difference and allowed me to keep up. Not exceed mind you but keep up. Now even with AB on i will be 18mph slower then a speedster and if it is long enough it goes off i will be some 32mph behind them. 

So yeah i dont see any reason why the AB buff can not be perma like now, 10 - 30 second cool down. Keeping the only effect self and move the defense to elusive maneuvers. 

Two key points:

Firstly, Fly with Afterburner was fast, yes, but it required a huge investment - 3 power picks and several enhancement slots - to truly maximize. That's way too much for a travel power, and that's why you can now achieve the same thing with one just one power pick and minimal extra slotting.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, all other travel powers require an element of interaction to reach their max potential. Super Speed obviously requires the most, and as such it has the fastest base speed. Super Jump requires a bit less, and is slightly slower. Teleportation has the potential to be incredibly fast with the right investment and use. And finally, Fly requires the least interaction.

But! Now you have the option of a little interaction in order to reach its maximum potential. You can use it to bump your speed up, or you can fly at the existing top speed with zero interaction (and far less investment required). It's up to you, but it's unlikely that we'd increase the always-on speed of Fly any further.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

18 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

That's disappointing.  Having a tray pop up for a single power is annoying, and something I'd want to turn off.  But I don't necessarily want to shut off the Kheldian form trays.

Well it's turned off per character, so leave it on with the khelds. It's not like you are probably going to take ANOTHER travel power with them that would cause the issue.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

30 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

Solution found!

1. Disable forthcoming pop-up tray which you detest.

2. Add a second, third, fourth, [...] or ninth free floating tray with just your Kheldian form-specific powers.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

Will Quantum Maneuvers be usable in forms or will this be another power to pick just to use LOTG enhancement?

Quantum Maneuvers does not work in conjunction with White Dwarf or White Nova. It will shut off (and remain greyed out) if/when you click either shapeshifting form.

image.png.4fab31ea49d0be08185449a6e6a93840.png

And yes, it will take LOTG (and all Defense IO) sets.

image.png.f044fe58b048a8f349badcbab91a8725.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Quantum Maneuvers does not work in conjunction with White Dwarf or White Nova. It will shut off (and remain greyed out) if/when you click either shapeshifting form.

image.png.4fab31ea49d0be08185449a6e6a93840.png

Shame, trying to pick interesting unique abilities for triform is becoming a joke, way to man wasted fillers.

Just now, chi1701 said:

Shame, trying to pick interesting unique abilities for triform is becoming a joke, way to man wasted fillers.

Quantum Maneuvers still provides additional HUGE (13.04% def boost to ALL unenhanced!!!) defense and great air maneuverability for when you're in your Human form. What is not to like?

image.thumb.png.a1bd61dbf985dd52cb731e03b53490a6.png

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Quantum Maneuvers still provides additional HUGE (13.04% def boost to ALL unenhanced!!!) defense and great air maneuverability for when you're in your Human form. What is not to like?

image.thumb.png.a1bd61dbf985dd52cb731e03b53490a6.png

I play triform, meaning im mainly in either nova or dwarf form only

• Like 1

• Retired Game Master
4 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

The utility of Quantum Acceleration to Quantum Maneuvers hasn't really changed for a form-focused build.

Suggestions for this would be welcome in the suggestions forum, though - I think it's a slightly different issue than what has been addressed here. This update ensures that there is parity between the flight pool and Peacebringer's variation of flight.

Edited by GM Lines
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chi1701 said:

Ah, well then you would normally just use those human-form shields for slot mules anyways. And you can still do so!

So it may not be a change you take advantage of with your described build, but perhaps you second or third build on your character can be human-form only and utilize the great resistance buffs from Light Form in conjunction with the shields and def boosts from Quantum Maneuvers.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Ah, well then you would normally just use those human-form shields for slot mules anyways. And you can still do so!

So it may not be a change you take advantage of with your described build, but perhaps you second or third build on your character can be human-form only and utilize the great resistance buffs from Light Form in conjunction with the shields and def boosts from Quantum Maneuvers.

The defense goes away if you attack.

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

human form to me is just another version of a sentinel, the forms to me is what makes keldians unique

A Crash Course in Collison Detection!

Objects Speed Phase allows travel through:

Enemy targets

NPC targets

Friendly targets

Moving vehicles

Atlas Park Blimp

Paragon City Tram/Rail Car

Objects Speed Phase does not allow travel through:

Traffic Lights, Benches, Newspaper Stands, Light Poles, Bus Stops, cars, trees, fences (wooden and metal), ladders, dumpsters, fountains, information kiosks, rocks, bushes/shrubs, pallets, oil drums, shipping containers, City of Heroes pinball machine, forklift, blue box, desk, fire extinguisher, gargoyle, police cruiser, elevator doors, ferries, black market semi-truck, Mayhem or Safeguard Mission Vault door, any destructible objects in mayhem/safeguard missions, prisoner doors (oh man!), Blackline helicopters, Rikti mothership shield in RWZ/Echo: RCS, or the Rikti ships outside Pocket D,

Edit: Created list for reference from testing.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Is there a list of objects that Speed Phase allows travel through? I have tried Traffic Lights, Benches, Newspaper Stands, Light Poles, and Bus Stops to no avail. 

You should be able to run through cars...but I don't know of a full list.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Edit: And cars, trees, fences (wooden and metal), ladders, dumpsters, fountains, information kiosks

are you on live or beta? (so hoping this is it)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I updated my post to better explain, but yes Beta testing the new power Speed Phase.

got it.

..but can the train run through you? And if so, can you see inside the train?!

I did NPCs and cars but must have missed trying parked vehicles.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Retired Game Master
11 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Objects Speed Phase allows travel through:

Enemy targets

NPC targets

Friendly targets

Moving vehicles

Atlas Park Blimp

Paragon City Tram/Rail Car

Objects Speed Phase does not allow travel through:

Traffic Lights, Benches, Newspaper Stands, Light Poles, Bus Stops, cars, trees, fences (wooden and metal), ladders, dumpsters, fountains, information kiosks, rocks, bushes/shrubs, 

Edit: Created list for reference from testing.

Phase will allow you to pass through entities. Broadly speaking, that's anything technically capable of moving, often targetable stuff (plus a whole bunch of other things thrown in - it's hard to categorise what is meant by an entity). You should be able to move through cars - at least, I was able to.

Static, world geometry can't be passed through.

Both lists are enormous, as between them they contain more or less everything in the game world.

It would be good to have testers keep hurling themselves at odd objects to see if anything behaves strangely.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3