Make Hasten Inherited

Virtually every character in the game either has or would benefit greatly if they have Hasten in there powers.  Years ago Cryptic made the Fitness pool all inherited powers so we didnt need to waste a power pool choice picking (primarily Stamina) the pool because it was pretty much mandatory for every build in the game.  Well I would say that Hasten falls into that also.  I cant remember the last time I ever saw a character without it, so could we get it moved to the inherited section and end the need for everyone in the game to go after the Speed power pool.

In its place I thought of a new attack.  Speed Charge, which would do the same thing as Shield Charge, though without the aoe knockdown.  Instead it would be a single target knockdown effect.  You can use the same animations as Shield Charge, or tweak them a bit if you want to eliminate the shield arm swing at the end of the animation.  The idea of the ability is that you are running at super speed and ramming into someone.  I say make it a single target ability so that it isnt as good as Shield Charge.  It would seem with the latest patch on the beat server being alot about tweaking the various travel powers, now would be a good time to implement this change.

Edited by dragonhawk777
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think that Hasten should stay in the game as is because it forces people to make decisive choices about their character build. Removing that I think makes the game much worse off.

• Like 4

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

"Inherited" means something handed down, typically from parent to child.  ("I inherited this house." "I inherited my mom's blue eyes and my dad's early bald spot.")

Are you suggesting that once one character takes Hasten, all characters made on that account on that server get it pre-selected?

The other possibility has already had "why this is a bad idea" explained repeatedly (including the stamina reference and why it is not the same as Hasten) in the other thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.