Is there a lore-related reason why?

Copied from Miss Liberty - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki (cityofheroes.dev)

Miss Liberty inherited the Girdle of Hera from her mother and passed it down to her daughter, Jessica Duncan aka Ms. Liberty, Stateman's sidekick and leader of the Vindicators, who now wears it as the Liberty Belt. She was also given the legendary sword Excalibur by Hero 1 before the Rikti Invasion, which she also passed down to her daughter.

So, is there a reason why Ms. Liberty is never seen wielding Excalibur in-game?

On 4/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, CursedSorcerer said:

Copied from Miss Liberty - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki (cityofheroes.dev)

Miss Liberty inherited the Girdle of Hera from her mother and passed it down to her daughter, Jessica Duncan aka Ms. Liberty, Stateman's sidekick and leader of the Vindicators, who now wears it as the Liberty Belt. She was also given the legendary sword Excalibur by Hero 1 before the Rikti Invasion, which she also passed down to her daughter.

So, is there a reason why Ms. Liberty is never seen wielding Excalibur in-game?

Good lord. Paste without formatting my friend.

• Like 4

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Iirc, in one of the comics, Honoree (Hero 1, the true wielder of Excalibur) tries to unsheath it, but two beefy-looking fairies (who are invisible to everyone else) hold it in place. So it seems to be a lot like Thor's Hammer, where there's some kind of cosmic power at play preventing it being used by just anyone. Except instead of just some arbitrary trait like worthiness, the fey themselves consciously decide who gets to use it.

As an aside, I've said before that I'd kinda love an incarnate version of the LRSF where Ms. Liberty wakes up while you're fighting the Phalanx, and is able to draw Excalibur, gaining some level shifts and a few sword attacks, just to shake things up 😃

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Iirc, in one of the comics, Honoree (Hero 1, the true wielder of Excalibur) tries to unsheath it, but two beefy-looking fairies (who are invisible to everyone else) hold it in place. So it seems to be a lot like Thor's Hammer, where there's some kind of cosmic power at play preventing it being used by just anyone. Except instead of just some arbitrary trait like worthiness, the fey themselves consciously decide who gets to use it.

As an aside, I've said before that I'd kinda love an incarnate version of the LRSF where Ms. Liberty wakes up while you're fighting the Phalanx, and is able to draw Excalibur, gaining some level shifts and a few sword attacks, just to shake things up 😃

Yeah, mix up her moveset with some either Broad Sword or Titan Weapon attacks.