Consolidate Kheldian powers

Consolidate the Blast, Bolt, Detonation, Scatter and Emanation powers on Nova and the human forms so that they can either be picked as a human power or as part of the Nova toolkit to help with the slot drought!

Alternatively, make it so you have to pick the power, but it's shared between the two forms - this would add progression to the forms and prevent the limited slotting for endgame builds.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

25 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

I think this would pretty much invalidate Nova Form, and hinder the core mechanics of PBs entirely.

At the moment, Nova has a duplication of existing powers at a higher damage scale, plus flight.

The increased end recharge matches the endurance cost, so that's negligible. I thought it would be good to keep the positive aspects (higher damage scale, ToHit buff, flight) but mitigate the thin spread of slots.

I have to say I didn't put a huge amount of thought into this, but I thought removing duplicates would make things easier on builds, not harder. Anyway, open to feedback on the idea.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Nova form has higher base damage attacks, if you are taking both human and nova attacks i dont know what to tell you

And if you are human only, thats on you.  as a tri-form I had too many free power selections to a point where both my khelds have veng/victory rush before level 20 and all the shield toggles do is hold my IOs

On 4/7/2021 at 4:39 AM, Gulbasaur said:

Consolidate the Blast, Bolt, Detonation, Scatter and Emanation powers on Nova and the human forms so that they can either be picked as a human power or as part of the Nova toolkit to help with the slot drought!

Alternatively, make it so you have to pick the power, but it's shared between the two forms - this would add progression to the forms and prevent the limited slotting for endgame builds.

As long as access to those powers are still tied from Nova form, granting you access to them when you choose Nova form at 6. I'm on board.

De-coupling the usage restriction for these powers to the form would actually make it viable for human builds it take Nova for those powers (but use them in human form), increasing their aoe output by having access to Nova Emanation which they currently don't have and still have power picks available to pick up a couple of the shield powers and make them exemp better. You'd still  get the higher base damage modifiers granted when using the versions in Nova form (if choose to use Nova) much like how Ebon Eye works currently. +1

Edit:  I re-read your OP and had some additional thoughts; the issue with being able to pick either, is there are clearly superior options between the two and being able to make it so you have to pick the power doesn't really do anything for the slot crunch, infact it would actually penalize Tri-forms by forcing them to pick the Nova blasts instead of just picking up the form power and getting access to those 4 powers. 

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

I do feel like the way they work is a product of their time. With new things like how TW works (it swaps one power for a near-identical one when you have momentum) it could be feasible to have the same power be different if you have X form running.

The question tho is if that is a good idea.

Conversely, this would allow Nova Form to also use Shadow Blast if so desired. With it's higher base recharge and base dmg comparative to Nova Blast, and it's better procability.
You could have a stronger attack chain early on that way, cycling Nova Blast, Ebon eye and Shadow Blast. 

And like I mentioned before, but to illustrate more plainly, for 1 power pick (Nova Form) at 6; a human build will not get Nova Emanation and Detonation, 2 aoes for the price of 1 power pick, rather than just Dark Detonation at level 14.

There is a lot of net positives to a change like this, however, execution and tooltips may get confusing.

Edited by Doomrider

No to "sharing" the selection. You'll completely screw up slotting this way - picking both the human and Nova forms gives more spots for ranged IOs (and their associated bonuses.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

No to "sharing" the selection. You'll completely screw up slotting this way - picking both the human and Nova forms gives more spots for ranged IOs (and their associated bonuses.)

This should be weighed against having to slot the same power twice.

While many powers are similar with that of their Nova counterpart, some are not wholly identical. Namely Shadow Blast and Nova Blast. Different animation time slightly, different base recharge and base damage values. 

These powers are similar enough to consider merging:
Shadow Bolt / Nova Bolt 
Dark Detonation / Nova Detonation (Dark has slightly longer animation)

The only difference is about a 33% (approx.) increase to base damage for the Nova version.

Nova Emanation would be a net gain for Human builds, there would be no Human form power for this to compare to, nor one to merge with. Closest comparison would be Photon Scatter from PB's (again, the human variant has about 33% less the base damage of the Nova variant)

I think it would be less invasive just to allow the Nova attacks to be used in Human form, but at 33% less the base damage, if the aim is ease the "slot crunch".
Should someone want to only have to slot one set of blasts but have a usable attack chain in Nova or in Human, they could do so, without infringing on how others like to build/currently build, as they would still be able to choose the individual human attacks and slot accordingly for set bonuses or otherwise.

Edited by Doomrider

Human Form: Sentinel

Squid Form: Blaster

Crab Form: Tanker

i dont know what you mean by "consolidate" outside of "buff human forms damage to be on nova level"

Nova Form attacks have a higher base damage than human form attacks

and motherfucking Eyes hit harder or close to Incan strike with a faster recharge and a MUCH faster animation

even in the event of dmg cap (290% this includes enhancements) nova form will do more damage just because of higher base numbers.  And whats the most frustrating, no one is posting their builds to show what they mean by "too many powers"