Brutes are bad m'kay

Snarky

Only thing that is bad about brutes is the mentality people have while playing them. This mentality is also prone to affect behaviour on other AT's if they spent a lot of time as a Brute. It isn't necessary to OVER-PULL. STOP AGGRO DUMPING ON ME I'M TRYING TO EAT.

• Haha 4

Brutes are just more selfish Tanks who trade responsibility for carnage. Some like the responsibility, some like the carnage, so all is good surely? 

I play Blasters, Corruptors, and Defenders, primarily as I like range. Only thing I’d say from a squishy(er) player’s point of view is that whichever one you choose - Brute or Tank - please do it well. 

I want a tank to take responsibility and taunt (with actual taunt, not an aura) and not run off and try to bring carnage, and I want Brutes to bring the carnage and not try to be a responsible tank and lead us (tauntless) into situations in which you can’t protect less durable teammates just because you know you can survive it. 

But then again, I’m old now and a bit of a traditionalist. A good tank and a good brute working together is a thing of absolute beauty in team play. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tiger Shadow said:

It was Brutus for a couple of years.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto#Bluto_vs._Brutus

Thanks for that!  It answers a slow-burn question I've had for decades.  With not only the change in name, but change in musculature, I'd long been suspicious they had switched to a relative of Bluto, rather than the same character.

5 hours ago, Troo said:

A motorcycle travel power would make for badder brutes. Just sayin'.

Add in the oft-desired chain power set and I can see where this is going...

Lobo by rubrduk on DeviantArt

• Like 1

You could just ERP a katana. (did I say that right?)           image.png.27e867796173151f3f26dc550aef3b87.png  

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Ohhh yeah. A Motorcycle travel power would be cool indeed. Heck, I wouldn't mind being able to take a Taxi at time, or a bus (there are bus stops you know lol), or even being able to use a bike travel power. That way we could create Paperboy type toons, and throw papers at Skulls when we peddle on by them lol... 🙂

And on a side note, while Lobo on that Motorcycle is cool (Lobo is always great btw), there's something about anime girls on Motorcycles carrying a lightsaber katana that just screams AWSOME lol. So I am afraid that @Above the Law gets the win here...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Just now, KauaiJim said:

Quoted for Trooth.  😉

lol... 🙂

• Haha 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...