Pride in Our City 2021: A Celebration with Music and Contests on June 26th!

On 5/31/2021 at 11:08 AM, TorrentYed said:

Additional LGBTQ Events:

Saturday June 19th at 11pm EDT, Chaos United on Everlasting will be holding a PRIDE theme Costume Contest in Atlas Park!

Monday June 21st, Chaos United on Everlasting will be running a special Mothership Raid with a contest and prizes!

Tuesday June 22nd at 8pm EST, at the Black Cat Club on Everlasting!

Wednesday June 23rd, the Femme Fatales will be running a costume contest and trivia night with 300 million in prizes!

Thursday June 24th, at Black Friday on Everlasting!

(Watch this space for events/details)

Due to server outages, the late MSR had to be cancelled last night. We'll do Pride Trivia at the next late MSR. Hopefully that will be tonight...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, TorrentYed said:

(for examples: Various Pride Flags )

ZOMG I looooooooooooooooove these. I am non-binary or gender non-conforming, don't know, and don't really care, I just know I hate it when people try to categorize me. But, I love all these flags because every single one of these flags represents love and acceptance. And that is what really matters.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Tonight's the last committee meeting for the parade and contests!

We've got a few judges, but we could still use more.  Please get in touch if you're interested!

Thanks!

Hey, love, I don't do meetings, but if you need anything, let me know and I'll do what I can to make it happen.

I'm unsure about the bio contest, as pretty much all my characters are LGBTQ. Is it just the best bio for that one? Sexuality are usually just a character trait and not part of the concept, hence not even mentioned in the bio unless it is super relevant for the background info. Only character profile I have that is LGBTQ related is about a character who was born in a time when being gay was not accepted, then waking up in a new time where it is more accepted then it was 70 years earlier. Because of the time she grew up in, it's more important for the background than other than being a superhero who coincidentally is gay or transgender.

But if the bio doesn't need to be about being LGBTQ, I might go with one of my other LGBTQ toons for the bio contest.

• Like 1

The Show Your Colour / Pride Flag Theme applies to all three contests.  The objective is to provide a biography which captures the spirit of Pride, whether you wish to focus on the aspect of it being a celebration of inclusivity, a memorial for those we've lost, or a demurral against harmful hate and ignorance, a combination thereof, or some other force of positivity, et cetera.

As ever, these sorts of contests are wholly subjective and based on the opinions of the judges.  So, in spite of that fact, we are making a point of awarding prizes to all participants throughout the entirety of the festivities!  The contest is primarily for the purposes of showcasing to the community and celebrating positive examples.

• Like 2

Thanks so much to everyone who attended!

We'll be doing a post-Pride feedback and debrief meeting on Thursday, July 8th (since July 1st is Canada Day, and another event will be taking place), at 9:30pm at Glitter-15236

If you can't attend the debrief, please feel free to provide your feedback here, through private messages (either in-game or here in the forums), or tell a buddy who can advocate on your behalf with us.

Thank you all again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, June said:

I heard I got an honorable mention as Curium, but was unsure about when/if/how prices would be delivered. If I would recive something in my mail box or what

I got a prize for winning the Singles CC in my email - 1.75bil spread across two mails (because of attachment limits).  Dunno if that included my "participation trophy" prize and/or the prize for placing in the group CC.  Check your email for a message from their Community person.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I honestly find it hard to articulate how much joy and applause this entire event, the individuals and groups it has brought into participation, and the thinking it has inspired has brought me.  I look at this sort of thing and it's one indicator that maybe we can start taking steps in the right direction if we've got our sights on something that helps people, including ourselves, to simply have a better life.

I do agree with June that one of the primary goals for this sort of thing is that it becomes unnecessary - a, "Huh.  Remember when..." topic where those who would have been involved in it can look at each other, as well as those uninvolved with the group, shake their heads and say, "What was all the fuss about?"  A character - and a person's - sexuality should (ideally) form about as much basis of conflict for the establishment of their identity as what colour eyes they were born with.

Looking forward very much for the spirit of Pride month to continue unabated throughout the year.  And to all those who have submitted artwork on this thread: Keep it comin'. 😁

It was a fun event. For the purpose of the event I stuck to two of my lesbian characters. I tried to get in time for the singles contest with my nonbinary character dressed up in a costume representing the colors, but I was unfortunately too late for that one 😞

Considering almost all my characters are LGBTQ, I'm likely going to end up making more or working on those I have making more awesome characters in the future.

• Like 1