Twitch streaming change makes me wonder--any NCSoft Talks News?

EonRecoil

The recent change by Homecoming allowing folks to Twitch stream City Of Heroes piqued my curiosity of how the talks with NCSoft are going?  Apparently even folks making money from streaming City of Heroes  are now allowed.  This changes gives the impression that there has been a positive shift.  Pardon me if you've already covered this in a thread somewhere.  I was searching around the forum but couldn't find anything relating to it.  Thanks

🙂

If there's news they can talk about (since they're most likely still bound by an NDA) they'll announce it. I doubt it'll be missable when they do. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Heliopause said:

I didn’t even know HC  and NCsoft had formalized an NDA.  

Even if they didn't, it's likely their lawyer(s) told them to act like they were under one. Making announcements prematurely or being too free with things that were discussed behind closed doors is usually seen at best as a bit annoying, and at worse as a breach of trust. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

32 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

Even if they didn't, it's likely their lawyer(s) told them to act like they were under one. Making announcements prematurely or being too free with things that were discussed behind closed doors is usually seen at best as a bit annoying, and at worse as a breach of trust. 

It also leads to problems if you announce one thing and then it turns out you can't do it anymore.

As the saying goes, no news is good news.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

HC isn’t the only Coh servers. It’s my preferd place to play. I would imagine if any talks would go down it would effect both and all Coh servers (rebirth) and we’d have multiple sources talking about NCsocks talks. I’m unsure what the future holds for COH. But if you want HC to be official coh server you just have to keep in mind it’ll effect more then HC’s servers. I just hope it stays like how it is. Don’t want other places were people play coh shut down and left saying good bye all over again. 

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Bear in mind that even though HC is now allowing streaming/recording/sharing of game content, many streaming sites (Twitch included) have rules against streaming pirated/private servers of games. Whether Twitch does anything about it is another story, but it's a facet to be aware of.

• Like 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

As long as NCSoft tolerates HC being a thing, and has no problem with it, that's all I care about.  Because at some point, once I burn myself out on Mass Effect Legendary Edition, I've got a bunch of character ideas I need to make!

• Like 1

The truth is, there's a lot of talk about a contract that HC now has with NCSoft. And that's all it is. I told the source of this news that if there were such a contract, there would have been an announcement of some sort. And, of course, the rebuttal was "Yeah, but there's an NDA." To which my reply was, "And yet someone told you about this. Riiiight." 

I was further told that players got banned for suggesting players try out Cake, some other private illegal server. To which I replied, nonsense. That's not a violation of the rules. There's something you're not being told, if a player who went to another server did get banned. Perhaps they put pineapple on pizza. 

My point is - people will say ANYTHING. It's the internet. Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see with your own eyes. 

I would appreciate the reasons why streaming was disallowed, and now, suddenly allowed. There is a reason for these two changes. I can fathom the reasons behind the disallowing (copyright stuff, low profile for illegal server, etc.) but I can't figure out why it's suddenly allowed. But, in the end, it's really none of my business. I get to play for free. 

• Like 1