Cauterizing Aura is not proc'ing Perf Shift +end or Power Transfer +heal

Ratch_

Blaster  > Fire Manipulation > Cauterizing Aura.

I know for a fact this used to work. Noticed I was running out of endurance on my blaster which never used to happen...so I made sure the only Perf Shifter and Power Transfer proc in my build was in cauterizing aura. I've sat here watching the combat log for a good 10 minutes. Not a single proc. Tested on live.

Edited by Ratch_

Can't speak for Power Transfer, but it does look like Performance Shifter isn't functioning when slotted in Cauterizing Aura.  Pulled my PS out of Stamina to verify and not once did I see PS proc in the combat log, even while standing in range of foes to see if it was instead proccing on damage.  My Fury of the Gladiator proc in Cauterizing Aura was going off however, maybe an issue with self-targeting procs in this power?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Okay, updating this ticket with some new findings.

I learned that the procs in this power will use the AoE formula, so Perf Shifter and PT will have a considerably lower chance due to this. Something to keep in mind, and I went ahead and stood next to a group of enemies several times and then bam: Power Transfer and Performance Shifter procs started to spill into the combat log. Perf shifter only has like a 13% chance to proc every 10s, but it seems to ONLY proc when you're hitting enemies.

I did the idle test again for 30 minutes and never saw either proc in the combat log. Went back into a group of enemies and just stood there letting the aura tick. Sure enough I would see the procs go off.

At this point I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug or if it is WAI. 

Sadly, I can only go off of memory but I remember that perf shifter and power transfer would just proc on their own without the need of enemies. If others can chime in maybe we can collectively determine if there is any merit to that memory of mine - and whether something has actually changed in this power.

Thanks all.

Edited by Ratch_

Something did change. Cauterizing Aura used to affect self and foes. The max targets was set to 11, where you counted as one of those targets. 

Now, the toggle uses Activation Effect Group for the self buff portion of the power and the power is now listed as affecting foes only and the max targets is 10.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

You can make a suggestion post to have it changed. But I don't know the coding effort that would be required

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I would not count on a reversion.  Activation Effects are better tech, and we should just fix the issue there.

I'm running Dynamo with both procs in it on Brainstorm right now.  I haven't been at it long enough to be certain but it appears to be having the same issue (and it has a similar setup, so that's unsurprising).  I'm actually restarting it with Panacea now as I type this.

Musing: I have a feeling this has to do with those particular procs always returning a target that IS you and is also NOT you, and so it is guaranteed to fail the checks.

Update:

• Dynamo (also uses Activation Effects) has the same issue.  Does not proc Performance Shifter or Power Transfer procs unless enemies are in range.
  • Panacea Proc also does not work at all - Regardless of enemies near or not.
  • @Ratch_ confirmed Panacea is Full-broken on Cauterizing Aura as well.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later

Bumping with some more info.  I've recapped the performance of 4 separate powers at the bottom of this post with a quick breakdown.  But first...

The meat of the argument:

Reaction Time is working correctly.  

Whatever magic is at work with Reaction Time's "House of cards" power definitions, my attempts at testing the Slow field show it correctly targeting 10 enemies, while allowing the self-buff portions to correctly activate their procs.

(There is a Requires check of "Ne(target>entref, source>entref)" and a "SecondaryTargetsOnly" flag -- I'm not sure which part I should thank, but it's allowing the "targets_affected" field to include "Self" without reducing the target cap artificially down to 9.)

Frigid Protection (which is nearly identical in terms of game effects), Cauterizing Aura, and Dynamo are all behaving incorrectly, and in the same way.  It should be possible to set up all 3 identically to Reaction Timing, thus fixing this issue without code changes.  Easier, really, since none of these other 3 powers have Reaction Time's complex "deactivation" effects to worry about. 

The 4 powers I tested today (Brainstorm):

(All of the following powers are Blaster Sustains with an "aura" effect.  All listed set pieces refer to their Special proc enhancements.)

Martial>Reaction time:

• Power Transfer and Performance Shifter works at all times.
  • Panacea works at all times.

Ice Manip>Frigid Protection:

• Power Transfer and Performance Shifter procs only work while enemies near.
    • They also seem to have a much-reduced proc rate, relative to Reaction Time and Dynamo, but there may be significant bias here.
  • Panacea does not work regardless of context.

Elec Manip>Dynamo

Fire Manip>Cauterizing Aura

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 5

• 2 months later

I get the feeling this was an intentional change. Which, I can kind of understand. I just don't ever remember seeing anything in the patch notes about it or hearing anything official. But, my memory being what it is, I'm lucky if I remember my own name most days.  🙂

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.