Single Keystroke Bind for Petcom_All Goto

JAMMan0000

I have been attempting without luck to create a single keystroke bind that will make my MM pets come to me and stay with me while they keep fighting. What I have been trying to do is use

/bind p "powexeclocation me petcomall goto"

But, it doesnt work. Also tried 
/bind p "powexeclocation me "petcomall goto""

/bind lbutton "petcomall goto" works with mouse button, but I have to manually target at my feet.

I want to be able to hit 1 button, and the pets immediately scurry to my location and stay there and fight from that location.

Any other ideas?

Edited by JAMMan0000

Try the extensive bind guide from here: http://www.shenanigunner.com/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Nope, i hoped for this functionality for a long time.  I could never get it to work.  From what I can tell the "goto" is a pet action and it requires a click to tell them where to go via the LBUTTON.   Anything else and you will get the swirly location marker on your cursor.   I haven't been able to get goto to do anything like how you can cast spells right at your feet  like /bind e powexec_location me:3 Lifegiving Spores   and using the new "cursor" location keyword doesn't work either 😞

I have tried /bind shift+lbutton petcomall goto$$petcomall attack  when i have a mob target and it just does the "goto" part.  I use /bind SHIFT+LBUTTON petcomall goto

I did mess around and make some bindfiles that cycle through   petcomall goto,  then petcomall Stay, and petcomall attack.    but it still has to use the LBUTTON or you get the circle prompt.  

petcomall goto:hell  doesn't seem to work either.

ewww.. this was my 666th post.

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I have tried /bind shift+lbutton petcomall goto$$petcomall attack  when i have a mob target and it just does the "goto" part.  I use /bind SHIFT+LBUTTON petcomall goto

Try doing that as two files and using the push-toggle trick, see if that works:

goto1.txt

SHIFT+LBUTTON "+ $$- $$petcomall goto$$say Alright!$$bindloadfilesilent goto2.txt"

goto2.txt

SHIFT+LBUTTON "+ $$- $$petcomall attack$$say Get this clown!$$bindloadfilesilent goto1.txt"

It'll run step 1 as you hold the buttons down and step 2 as you release, might be a way to get it working but let me know how it goes.

Thanks Avernal. That still gives me the targeting reticle to select the goto location. My goal was to not use the mouse at all. Just press a single key and they come/stay to my location. But, similar to SmalltalkJava, I have not found a way to avoid the targeting reticle that forces me to click the mouse set the location. I mean /bind shift+lbutton "petcomall goto" works pretty well. It executes the goto and targeting reticle in one click. But, it still forces to take my focus off the fight for a second to shift+click the mouse to set the location at my feet. 

You can kind of get this effect by binding a key to "petcomall Follow", but when you execute the Follow command, the pets pause attacking. Its like the AI is resetting or something and they just stand around for a couple seconds before they start fighting again. And in Follow mode they tend to scatter quite a bit. But, that 'AI reset' doesnt seem as severe if you use the GoTo command and target your feet. They run to the location and immediately start attacking, and they stay much closer to you. So, if you are a MM with a healing aura and/or to-hit debuff aura (e.g. Time), using the GoTo command to make your pets come/stay at your location will keep them fighting more, and greatly improve their survivability. (Just remember to put them back in Follow mode before you move to the next mob. Otherwise you will find yourself soloing the mob while your pets are back at your prior location taking a 'smoke break' 🙂

• 1 month later

petsComeHere2.txtpetsComeHere1.txt

These binds may do what you want.  It's not actually "goto"

/bindloadfile petscomehere1.txt

It will bind to the "o" key .  So change it to your liking.      When you press the key it will put the pets on follow, which should make them run to you.  then when you release the key it will tell them to stay.  Important to note, they will stop running back to you when you release the key.   You can also see how good your pets are at playing the old Red Light, Green Light kids game with it.

petsComeHere1.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall follow$$bindloadfile petsComeHere2.txt"

petsComeHere2.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall stay$$bindloadfile petsComeHere1.txt"

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 1