Confused myself...

Snarky

It is a real life power!

Was working on Sentinels today.  Levelled a Beam/Will to 40, I/O'd it.  ran it through Posi and Synapse.  liked it.

I love me some Dark though.  .... So I made a Dark/Dark Sentinel.  PL'd it to 36.  Was hurrying, so I did not do stuff in normal order.  I did not get jet pack from P2W, sprinted around base got to Pocket D for PL from my alt acct.

Finished PL in AE, slotted.  Moved power bars into position.  Put powers in right place.  Ran Posi 1.  Damn,  This thing was sucking End.  I know it was not Will.  But damn.  I got a level and veered from my planned build, adding a Numina in Health to Buttress Panacea and a End Rec in Stamina to buttress Perf Shifter Proc,

2nd part of Posi was better.  Still not great.  Should I reroll Dark/Will?  Sigh.  Maybe...  Think about it tomorrow.

As I was logging off I finished putting all powers in place.  grabbed Sprint and put it with my travel bar.   AND IT WAS ON!!!

I had sprint on for Posi 1 and 2 and never knew because i had removed everything from trays...  roflmao  I feel like a new player again.  I will check in the Synapse what me End situation really is tomorrow. 🙂 

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

'Man this guy burns through end.....but at least he is quick.'

Imagine if u hit 0 end and dropped the toggle near the finish,  you would have had no idea why the recovery sucked.

i of course came close a number of times.  running the posi exemp'd from 36 I had a big insp tray and was using large blues to prop myself up....

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

I had sprint on for Posi 1 and 2 and never knew because i had removed everything from trays...  roflmao  I feel like a new player again.  I will check in the Synapse what me End situation really is tomorrow. 🙂 

If you were noticeably struggling with end, shutting off Sprint will make minimal difference.  Every bit helps, but we're talking about 0.29 end/sec here.  Based on the procs you've mentioned, your recovery should be sitting at around 3 end/sec.  So running Sprint was eating about a tenth of your recovery.  Any other toggles you had, assuming a little end slotting, were eating up another 2-3 tenths.  Everything else is your attacks, which each typically consume around 0.8 to 1.0 end/sec if used every time they are recharged.

I mean it's not nothing.  Turning it off is like adding another Perf Shifter +end proc to your build.  But it's the sort of thing that will slowly eat your end bar over the course of several fights.  If you're chomping blues in every fight, or every other fight... you need more endrdx in attacks.  Or less recharge.

• Thumbs Up 2

At lower levels all I’ve found that really helps with Endurance in any noticeable fashion (in descending order of positive impact to END):

1) Recovery Serum from P2W

2) Survival amplifier from P2W

3) Base Recovery Buff from your SG base

4) ALL the +End procs you can fit.  You can always respec and/or unslot them later.  Don’t forget about the +End procs beyond health and stamina.

5) Accolades that offer +END

6) EndRedux in heavy end attacks

I play a variety of Storm characters and they are super hard on the Endurance bar, especially once you start pushing +Recharge bonuses.  The only final solution for those characters is absolutely all the above and Ageless…and even then I’ll still carry Recovery Serum as a backup when soloing AV’s or for long fights.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

If you were noticeably struggling with end, shutting off Sprint will make minimal difference.

Unless the reason you're bottoming out your blue bar is because Sprint is allowing you to rush from one spawn to the next, depriving you of two or more endurance ticks between spawns and eventually leaving you completely drained.

Toggle cost is only part of the picture.  It's what you're doing with Sprint that matters, not what Sprint costs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just now, Luminara said:

Unless the reason you're bottoming out your blue bar is because Sprint is allowing you to rush from one spawn to the next, depriving you of two or more endurance ticks between spawns and eventually leaving you completely drained.

You're probably talking about something on the order of an extra 3-6 endurance per fight there. If you really are running directly from one fight to the next, there's not a lot of seconds to shave just by boosting your run-speed 33%.

It's a tenth of his recovery.  That's not nothing, as I said.  But it's not bottoming his blue bar in the span of just a couple fights all on its own either.  He didn't actually say, but I am assuming it wasn't as gradual as "I can only go 8 or 10 continuous fighting spawns without taking a knee."  If it was, then sure... it could be the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

Note I am not saying don't turn it off.  Absolutely turn it off... just that it's unlikely to solve the problem.  It will extend, a little bit, the time before you bottom out completely.

Dark Darks are always heavy on the End until you get Dark Consumption later in the levels still they are strong

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

34 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

Dark Darks are always heavy on the End until you get Dark Consumption later in the levels still they are strong

Sentinels do not get that.  They get a weird cascading health/end buff to sustain.  I may reroll this as a Dark/Will. Personally i like will on Sentinels.  (Endless green and blue and a non targeted rez for the...rougher times). I can softcap ranged def on that.  Most of the Dark Armor tricks for Sentinels require long periods at Point Blank....which is not how i build or run.  Looks like i am PLing a new alt when i get home lol

Huh, I almost always use Sprint at all times, and build my characters around it being active 24/7. Granted, its the first thing I detoggle when i don't need to move around, but I wanna go fast. Its interesting how different people play.

The combat mobility of Sprint + Combat Jumping (and +5 swift/hurdle) is just nice to have for all of my characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, ZemX said:

You're probably talking about something on the order of an extra 3-6 endurance per fight there.

The minimum is 6.67 endurance per tick (barring insane debuffs like Nectanbo's Curse).  If you're bopping into spawns quickly enough to short yourself only two ticks that you otherwise would've had before getting to the spawns, that's 13.33 endurance not recovered.  And with unslotted Stamina, it's only 6.4s for those two ticks to occur.  Essentially, shaving 5s of travel time between spawns shorts you about 13% of your endurance when you start fighting.  And if you're starting every fight with 13% less endurance than you had when you started the previous one, it's not going to take long to be completely out of endurance.

That's the math.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.