Best Triad

RageusQuitus2

Current limit is 3 boxing, or running three accounts and toons at one time.  So whats the best all MM triad.

I was thinking Thugs/Sonic, Demon/Dark, and Bots/FF.  But now im thinkin no FF but now Im thinkin Traps so Bots/Traps.  With traps being active account.  Should have really nice defense/damage resist/status protection without anything slotted.

the only reason i hesistate is like i said im multi boxing, and those two the sonic and ff can be the 2cnd and 3rd, not busy at all.

Im just struggling with primary MM.  the main that Ill be playing with the other two support.  That main is poison maybe?  Traps?  Dark aura fills some needs well, and debuffs well.  Thats why i was thinking dark.  

Edited by RageusQuitus2

Good ideas.  I'm not a cold or thermal player. Is there to combine them or just use one to max resist and/or def for the pets? 

Something else to consider is a nature and/ or rad in there for entangling aura and the rad version Choking Cloud.  Slot them both with the +2 mag hold proc and some hold duration.   I run a defender nature and several MM nature's and it's a nice ability.   Nature also has the health absorb whick keeps the T1 pets from being one shot.  

Just tossing ideas.   

Edited by SmalltalkJava

I have run two separate teams of 3 masterminds, one team being All robot with EA, Time, and Kin, the other being all demons with the same secondary's. Even figured out a way to "Powerfarm" with them both. Made a post about it. From those two I would say Robots are faster/more dps, the Demons are tougher/safemode. But both teams were capable of doing any activity I tried with them, from AE farming to GM/AV hunting.

Here's a link - Mastermind Farming: Discussion/Guide - Mastermind - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

Happy Masterminding!

• Thumbs Up 1

FFwith AOE Sheilds and 3 manuevers (24%).  Thats 24% defense without using your two strongest/clicky defense shields (to the whole team and pets lol).  I hope this frees up some IO choices where im not chasing defense.  

Sonic has the resists dome, otherwise two clicky sheilds (like FF) that give ok resistance increase to all.  So more clicking to get any roi (27% to all but psi).

So now thinking maybe.  Bots/FF, Bots/Sonic and Demon/Thermal (another 15% resistance so now 42%).  Your post influenced this take for sure (probably goin group fly this build) and me taking my own spin on it (along with the no death challenge).  I like the idea of having an AOE heal on auto, and being able to walk away for a minute knowing this is waiting.  This trio has at 20, the aforementioned defense and resistance numbers.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:15 AM, Xandyr said:

If the point is to just farm/make influence,  why not double or triple up on Thugs? The Enforcers' buffs should affect all pets.

if you just want to make money/farm, i would suggest 3 boxing robo masterminds. with kin, your pets will have all damage cap anyway. with much more aoe. assuming you are farming en masse with multiple groups at a time, it will be faster. but if you are going 1-2 groups at a time, thugs or demons will edge out ya. but your def/res will be high enough to do much more than that at once if you choose to. 

Its not really for farming tbh although i do test sometimes in AE on MMs.  Ive got 3 farmers.  Havent been playing it much but here goes.

More about a concept involving mostly SOs, minimal micro of my off boxes.  Making my pets tough.

Level 11 pets resists are 37% smashing and lethal.  67% toxic : ), 21 neg, 21 nrg, 31 cold, 41 fire.  Defenses 25% across the board. 2.5 million in IOs rest DOs.  Edict of master Pet defense and Sovereign Right pet resistance IOs.  

By the way this includes toxic.  I was farming the lake in Perez Park at ll.  orange to purple con.

At level 20 Ill have status protection and +18% resist and 12% def bubbles. 

I took demons for the lead mm as they are tougher, that build will have provoke.  

Starting to miss my idea of a dark mm.  Those negative and nrg and psi numbers look bad (shadowfall ads 15% resist to those 3 and 6% def to all, meaning 43% def to all by 20?).  Dark helps that.  But I need to be able to just pick up and walk away.  Therm has an auto AOE heal (as does rad but Ive played that enough).

Edited by RageusQuitus2
accuracy of numbers

Demons are definitely tougher when multiboxing. I think its an oversight but different demons will buff other MM's pets, where robotics will not.

I am sort of on hiatus from CoH right now, and I have only experimented with dark and other debuff sets. Usually in games I favor heals/buffs over offense/debuffs. Things like "mag" and so on seem a bot convoluted to my inexperienced eye, and I don't want to find myself in a situation where I cant debuff bosses/elite bosses/AVs/GMs either because they are too resistant, immune, or I lack the perfect IOs/setup to be able to make debuffs effective. Also there are things like target saturation to consider as well. This is not to downplay debuff sets or those that enjoy them by any means. I just found buffing and focusing more on my own as well as my pets buffs/etc to work better for me. 

Debuff sets are fun to just have fun on for sure though. It's just not what I would choose when pushing content. I have heard some very good things about storm as well, but when I tried it, it was pretty chaotic and difficult to grasp how it was supposed to be played. I was sort of thinking about a robots/storm build that used and all ranged damage set with group fly that also had multiple sources of knockback or knockdown. It was just a concept on paper that I never got around to doing. Plus builds like that are difficult to build and plan in mids, as I would expect such a build to have lower stats. But mids doesn't show things like how much knockback/CC you have and how strong it is (far as I know anyway, could be wrong there.)

Though have you considered an alternate - using a dark MM as your "main" MM, and using other sets that would directly or indirectly support or offers what it lacked or needed? When I multibox MMs, I don't plan them 1 by 1 and just team them together, I compare them side by side and see what interactions or combinations they can do together.

But either way, I wouldn't encourage you to give up on your Dark MM. Even if its just for fun and its something you want to do and will enjoy, then what does it matter how far it can go or push, or if it isnt as good as other setups. I mean, 3 MMs might be awesome together, but for speed and such I would wager 3 brutes would be miles ahead. If you want to min/max, at least as far as damage and speed are concerned, MMs perhaps aren't the optimal choice. But as far as fun, enjoyment, activity, playstyle, and the "oh wow" factor, MMs win hands down for me over any brute. I mean, I've gotten a ton of comments when running around the world or even in the AE with my 18 robots following me. Even got invited to a private coh discord for the big brains over my MM farming guide, simply because it was something new and fresh and it sparked a ton of discussions and theorycrafting, which lots of people were excited to see, because like me they were sick of thorns/fire farming, or just brute or similar gameplay in general and the idea of "my army vs the map" was an entirely new gameplay style.

So don't give up, keep experimenting! Who knows maybe you will come up with something entirely brand new. What about a "dark" triad or similar? Where you don't play 3 MMs for example, but something like a Dark Tanker, Dark Controller, and a Dark MM together? Something that was multiboxable/autopower capable. (just an idea off the top of my head.) Could even give them a name or theme, Team Shades taking Shadows or something. And I am curious to see if overlapping Dark powers would support one another with the mag mechanic, and so on.

Best wishes!

The triad died last night at level 19.  Was pushing to hard on some +4s Tsoo and an ancestral spirit boss rocked my pets worlds.  That said I only died since my HP went to 0 so I think thats more a bug than a failure of player or builds.  Im gonna keep playing em.