Mind Control/Mass Confusion recharge needs a buff

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

TK.... Would be really neat if it was a targeted aoe that did the reverse repel thingy that singy now does.

Ugh.

Maybe if they could do it as an IO so you could try it out, but it would pretty much kill any use I have for it otherwise. I want them pinned in place away from me, not drawn towards me.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Ugh.

Maybe if they could do it as an IO so you could try it out, but it would pretty much kill any use I have for it otherwise. I want them pinned in place away from me, not drawn towards me.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about porting over mechanics from new shiny stuff.  It works for Grav and singy, its fresh and neat for that.  Leave it there and maybe spice TK up in some other way?

3 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Yes please let the griefing commence.  I can only imagine how fun that'd be for your teammate fighting Carnies.

I don't think it would be that bad. You can already Wormhole or Fold Space stuff on to people. If they really wanted to tho they could add a confirm dialog. 

1 minute ago, oedipus_tex said:

I don't think it would be that bad. You can already Wormhole or Fold Space stuff on to people. If they really wanted to tho they could add a confirm dialog. 

Or you can wormhole/fold space targets away from someones target location powers for fun.  Sure lets add a magnet power you can put on a teammate, but I want a "kick me" sign added as the fx.  

imx most 'griefing my teammate' powers are effectively checked by warning the person they'll be kicked from the team if they keep it up. WoW is the biggest exception to this I can think of and that's because of a truly massive playerbase along with a depersonalized cross-server groupfinder that turns party-building into Xbox Live Matchmaking; there is no real community, so someone dedicated can just choose to laugh at the consequences.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Ugh.

I was thinking more of a location based, so you could cast it at a spot and they are pulled to the spot, much the same TK works now, You could cast it directly away from you and they are pulled there. Or in any direction, but the repel wouldn't then be tied to your position. Just a thought.

29 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

The other thought for tk... Mass levitate instead of repel. 10 second recharge toggle, 5 target cap. Basically what it is now, but no repel, unless you move. So, they move when you move.

For a while there in pvp if you dropped a tk on someone they would levitate in place for 30s (may have been 15s its been a while, I know it was real good) until someone attacked them.  I used to have tk just to help stack mag onto AV's and GM's.  It's really cool to see that Kronos Titan levitate in place like that.  

That mechanic is likely already in place just on the lower enemies it'd need adjusted.  I'm sure if they ever do get around to tuning the control sets that tk is where they'll do the most spitballing on Mind.  

Edited by Mezmera

Well I played my Mind Dom last night and can safely say I got more mileage out of its awesome T9 than I do from most pets. Basically a nuke since it’s an insta-win against a large group. Long recharge initially, but only about a minute cooldown with a pretty typical perma-dom build.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 2