Trip Mines and Aim or Inspriations

Sailboat

Question about buffs to Trip Mines:  if I plant a mine while the Aim buff is up, does that  mine have buffed damage when it explodes later, if the Aim buff has expired? 

Or does it only get the buff if Aim is active when it explodes?  If I place several mines, then activate Aim just before they are triggered, do they all get the buff?

Do Inspirations work the same way?

I've seen videos of the past heroes where someone ate a bunch of reds and place mines destroying an av. I doubt that it works if you lay the trap first then use reds/aim/buildup. Not sure if this was changed or not though. 

Not sure of the duration of the buff once you lay a mine with buffs, but I'd imagine that it would continue until the mine itself has expired. 

In the past on the old live servers it was, but not sure if it got changed or not.  I know when I played the game back in the day that 

i was able to use Aim on them, but that was well before the game shut down and I dont know if Cryptic ever changed that.

I do know that now you can lay a very large stack of Trip Mines on top of each other and one shot EBs.  It takes time, but if you go around a corner, keep dropping Trip Mines on top of each other till they start detonating (timer running out), then pull the EB and stand by the mine field around the corner, the EB comes around the corner and dies.  EBs that fly like Nightstar are problematic to do this with as you have to play with them some to get them to fly low enough to trigger the mines, but any nonflying EB can be one shotted.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, dragonhawk777 said:

In the past on the old live servers it was, but not sure if it got changed or not.  I know when I played the game back in the day that 

i was able to use Aim on them, but that was well before the game shut down and I dont know if Cryptic ever changed that.

I do know that now you can lay a very large stack of Trip Mines on top of each other and one shot EBs.  It takes time, but if you go around a corner, keep dropping Trip Mines on top of each other till they start detonating (timer running out), then pull the EB and stand by the mine field around the corner, the EB comes around the corner and dies.  EBs that fly like Nightstar are problematic to do this with as you have to play with them some to get them to fly low enough to trigger the mines, but any nonflying EB can be one shotted.

Oh yeah.

On live a lot of people took TP Foe to TP NPC's onto trip mines.

Obviously that dosn't work to great on AV's/EB's.

Toe bombing is a thing i do a lot on my /Dev but it is really hard to pull off with /Traps because it is interruptible.

Trip mines are an OK AoE power now, but nothing spectacular.  The recharge time is a little long, imho.  Using them as a trap to pull enemies onto them takes a lot longer then just blasting things down with your main attacks.  The one time I've found where it actually does do something of value is to lay mines on Nightstar while their pulling Siege in a BAF run.  But even then the main benefit to entertain myself during a lull in activity.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Just tested this on my AR/Dev

Tested with no buffs/insp on a lvl 51 Chief soldier in RWZ

Got

201 Lethal

144 fire

100 Lethal

Spoiler

Trip Mine: You hit Chief Soldier with your Trip Mine for 201.61 points of Lethal damage.
Trip Mine: You hit Chief Soldier with your Trip Mine for 144 points of Fire damage.
Trip Mine: You hit Chief Soldier with your Trip Mine for 100.8 points of Lethal damage.

Turned on Assault/Tactics same damage numbers

Ate 4 Damage inspirations (Reds) Got the same damage numbers.

All on the same NPC.

TLDR Leadership has no effect on trip mines

Red Insp have no effect on trip mines

I'm not seeing any reason why BU/Aim would work on trip mines.

Edited by Chelsea Rorec
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later